BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #6 (3/26/2021)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw We Love Wrestling #6 (3/26/2021)

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 30th, '21, 16:08

We Love Wrestling #6 (3/26/2021)- Oberhausen, Germany

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS VINCENT HEISENBERG- good
He’s happy that his friend and trainer have made it to the second round of the tag tournament, but he wants to focus on himself. He says that he will beat Tristan Archer again tonight to prove that his win over him in the Catch World Grand Prix wasn’t a fluke.

TRISTAN ARCHER vs. VINCENT HEISENBERG (w/“The Avalanche” Robert Dreissker)- 5.25/10
Heisenberg controlled a lot more of the match than you’d expect, given the “rookie vs. veteran” framing. The key moment in the match was when Heisenberg got Archer up for the powerslam (the move he beat Archer with last time) but did a little bit of show-boating instead of just hitting the move (while Avalanche was yelling at him to just do the move), allowing Archer to counter it, then hit his finisher (a rather lame running clothesline) for the win. Avalanche’s reaction to the powerslam getting countered was tremendous. He was the perfect exasperated coach.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS TRISTAN ARCHER- fine
He puts Heisenberg over as an up-and-comer.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS ENDER KARA- fine babyface stuff

ENDER KARA TRIAL SERIES MATCH: Ender Kara vs. Bobby Gunns- 5/10
Four and a half minutes of complete and total awesome. This is just about the highest rating I could possibly give a match this short. I totally get wanting the world champion to win emphatically, but Ender Kara is so good that I think the perfect way to have him earn a roster spot during this “trial series” would be to have him really push the world champ in a good fifteen minutes.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS BOBBY GUNNS- a very good promo to build to his title defense against Marius Al-Ani at Dead End 2021 in a few weeks.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS EZEL- fine
He asks them were Metehan is and got a fine storyline response that he is in NXT UK (though they didn’t specify that part) so that he can make a bunch of money for his family, which was his goal all along. You can say that it’s not good to imply that other companies pay more, but I’m fine with it so long as you don’t say that you’re not the place with the best wrestling. They say that they have the same goal, so they are willing to do anything to win the tag title tournament.

wXw WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND MATCH: Ezel vs. Marius Al-Ani & Levaniel- no rating, okay segment
Marius no-showed, leaving poor Levaniel all alone. As you would expect, he got decimated. This went long enough to make you feel bad for Levaniel and start to feel like he was valiant by continuing to fight, but it’s undeniable that he brought this upon himself, as Marius told him very clearly that he wasn’t interested in teaming with him.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS LEVANIEL- good
He asks Levaniel how he feels about Marius no-showing. The sad Levaniel walked off without answering the question.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS EMIL SITOCI- great!
He’s starting to make excuses for his recent string of losses now, blaming things on a recent injury (that he may or may not have blown out of proportion to get out of the Catch World Grand Prix early to escape the shame of his very poor showing). Sitoci might be the best in the business at portraying an external confidence that you know is wavering on the inside.

EMIL SITOCI vs. MICHAEL KNIGHT- 7.25/10
Sitoci worked the arm while Knight worked over Sitoci’s injured knee. Knight won clean when he sat down on a sunset flip. The announcers noted that Sitoci was rather upset with Knight slamming his knee into the apron, so I’m sure we’ll be hearing about that from Emil.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS MICHAEL KNIGHT- good
Knight was very respectful of Sitoci and put him over big, though I can easily see Sitoci taking this the wrong way.

PRETTY BASTARDS PROMO- good
They made fun of the other remaining team in the tournament, but when Prince Ahura asked the company to order three bottles of champagne out of his paycheck for their inevitable celebration, they began to argue about money, which Maggot thinks Ahura is spending way too much of. I’m not totally sure why Maggot cares so much, since I doubt they have a joint bank account. They’re tag partners, not spouses. Anyway, they eventually made up and insisted that they would win the tournament and become three-time champions, but the real purpose of this was to expose the fault line in the presumptive favorites, and it did that well enough.

They announced that Pretty Bastards will be facing Aigle Blanc & Senza Volto next week, meaning that the other semifinal will be Ezel vs. the Academy.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS MARIUS AL-ANI- good
He freely admits that he hung Levaniel out to dry earlier and reiterates that he is fully focused on his wXw Unified World Wrestling Title at Dead End 2021.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS ALPHA KEVIN- meh
Kevin has been way too much of a clown lately to now try to do a “I’m going to prove myself” angle.

GULAYS JUNIOR vs. ALPHA KEVIN- 2/10
Early on, Gulyas looked like he was moving in time with Kevin rather than reacting to being punched. He got better as the match went on, but it was pretty embarrassing while it lasted.

DENNIS “CASH” DULLNIG PROMO- meh
He is apparently the “Cash Crash” that Andy Jackson mentioned would be getting a Shotgun Title shot last week. He yelled at Andy for calling him this and shooed Andy away. He said he was so bothered by his recent loss to Levaniel that he couldn’t sleep that night, but tonight he will have no trouble sleeping because he’ll be the new Shotgun Champion. He doesn’t come across like someone who has a snowball’s chance of winning the title from Norman Harras. Maybe the lottery should be restricted to people who have won their most recent match?

wXw SHOTGUN TITLE MATCH: Norman Harras(c) vs. Dennis Dullnig- 5/10
This was more competitive than I was expecting, but it was way too short for a main event. Norman got the win after pulling Dullnig’s tights down, then rolling him up while he was in shock.

ANDY JACKSON INTERVIEWS NORMAN HARRAS- great angle
Andy pushed the idea that Norman has come close to losing his title in every defense so far. He also reveals that his next challenge- at Dead End 2021, not next week, interestingly enough- will be Vincent Heisenberg. Norman is confident in his ability to beat Heisenberg, who he defeated in the Catch World Grand Prix last fall.
Heisenberg took exception to Norman’s dismissiveness of him, so he came out to get in Norman’s face. Avalanche and Anil Marik came out to hold him back. Harras continued to taunt Heisenberg and also taunted Avalanche, asking him “is this what you teach your students?” Norman spit at Heisenberg and then left as Avalanche and Anil held Heisenberg back.

This was a good episode of We Love Wrestling, despite the disappointing main event. We’ve only got three matches announced for Dead End (world title, Shotgun Title, and the tag title tournament finals), and not really anything else that even feels like it has been building, so they’ve definitely got some work to do next week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3