ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Day-to-Day Quote Topic

Post by cero2k » Jul 10th, '21, 08:43

This "Fat Bastard" fellah is the person who tried to jump the Jericho/MJF segment. It's concerning, but I wouldn't be surprised if more of these nerds could attempt the same

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '21, 19:37

cero2k wrote: Jul 10th, '21, 08:43 This "Fat Bastard" fellah is the person who tried to jump the Jericho/MJF segment. It's concerning, but I wouldn't be surprised if more of these nerds could attempt the same

I agree that both should disavow him, but I don't think the Trump comparisons are fair unless Cornette or Russo said anything that could be construed as encouragement to jump the barricade, which I can't see either man doing.

Also, what kind of a weird cross-section would you have to fit into to listen to both Russo and Cornette's podcasts.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '21, 22:59

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 23:18
cero2k wrote: Jul 7th, '21, 22:23 You gotta be f'n kidding me

post-AEW spoiler
Hidden text.
That's hilariously WCW of them.
To make it even more WCW hilarious, they might have meant to give the 30-days to Murphy and gave it to the wrong guy by mistake:

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-news ... te-clause/

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 11th, '21, 08:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 10th, '21, 19:37
I agree that both should disavow him, but I don't think the Trump comparisons are fair unless Cornette or Russo said anything that could be construed as encouragement to jump the barricade, which I can't see either man doing.

Also, what kind of a weird cross-section would you have to fit into to listen to both Russo and Cornette's podcasts.
I honestly haven't listened to either not even know what they say, but Cornette does tend to go over the edge sometimes.

that weird cross-section is "AEW Haters", people that don't really care about wrestling or booking, they just hate AEW for some reason

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '21, 10:54

cero2k wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 08:12
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 10th, '21, 19:37

I honestly haven't listened to either not even know what they say, but Cornette does tend to go over the edge sometimes.
Agreed, but I think hopping the barricade is a hard line for him that I just can't see him ever encouraging someone to cross
cero2k wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 08:12 that weird cross-section is "AEW Haters", people that don't really care about wrestling or booking, they just hate AEW for some reason
Yes, but I figured that most people who don't like AEW don't like it because they either:
1. Don't like the booking because of storytelling reasons (might listen to Cornette's show not wouldn't listen to Russo's)
2. Don't like the booking because of lack of swerves and boobies (listen to Russo but not Cornette)
3. Don't like the comedy (probably listen to Cornette but not Russo)
4. Think there is too much wrestling (might listen to Russo but wouldn't listen to Cornette)
5. Are zealots for their own company... mostly WWE, and also TNA, if there are any of those left, plus maybe some bitter ROH, MLW, and New Japan fans... but in all of those cases, I don't see that person listening to either Cornette or Russo)
6. Old-school zealots (listen to Cornette but not Russo).

So what does this guy actually like about wrestling in the first place that would have him listening to these podcasts?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 11th, '21, 12:55

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 10:54 Agreed, but I think hopping the barricade is a hard line for him that I just can't see him ever encouraging someone to cross
Cornette, Russo, or Brian Last don't need to literally say 'cross the barricade' in order to encourage the hate, Cornette has been incredibly toxic, to the point that he would inspire someone like this dumbass to do something like this and be like "notice me cornette, look what I did for our cause!"

I don't know if Cornette has answered to that tweet (i'm proudly blocked by him), Brian Last already told him to fuck off, but this is when Corny does need to tell him to fuck off, and I think he will, Cornette I'm sure would agree with Jericho punching that dude. I think the comparison with Trump is a bit out there, but I can see the reasoning, a dude that talks so much shit about something that inspires people to do dangerous dumbass shit.

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 10:54 Yes, but I figured that most people who don't like AEW don't like it because they either:
1. Don't like the booking because of storytelling reasons (might listen to Cornette's show not wouldn't listen to Russo's)
2. Don't like the booking because of lack of swerves and boobies (listen to Russo but not Cornette)
4. Think there is too much wrestling (might listen to Russo but wouldn't listen to Cornette)
5. Are zealots for their own company... mostly WWE, and also TNA, if there are any of those left, plus maybe some bitter ROH, MLW, and New Japan fans... but in all of those cases, I don't see that person listening to either Cornette or Russo)

So what does this guy actually like about wrestling in the first place that would have him listening to these podcasts?
Don't assume that the person listens to both Russo and Cornette, the dude who jumped the barricade only tagged Corny and Last, who do the show together. it was VOW that brought up Russo, who also probably talks a lot of shit of AEW, but he also talks a lot of shit of WWE and every other promotion out there. I think Russo is the most innocent here.

i would imagine that guy was a big fan of the attitude era and a bunch of WWE/NXT stuff and it's just tribalism against AEW, or any other company that has challenged WWE at any point, I'm sure he would talk shit about NJPW or TNA or ROH, or those spot monkeys in PWG (until they're signed to NXT of course). He doesn't listen to Cornette because of Cornette's analysis or anything like that, he listens and tags Cornette because he knows Cornette is going to talk trash about AEW.

To a lesser extent, it's similar to the the Bryan and Vinny shows, who have always been popular because it's them reviewing things that they're going to complain about, be it TNA or WCW. Some of the most popular shows for all podcasts are when WWE does something so bad, that they just want to hear everyone talk shit about it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 11th, '21, 15:07

cero2k wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 12:55
Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 10:54 Agreed, but I think hopping the barricade is a hard line for him that I just can't see him ever encouraging someone to cross
Cornette, Russo, or Brian Last don't need to literally say 'cross the barricade' in order to encourage the hate, Cornette has been incredibly toxic, to the point that he would inspire someone like this dumbass to do something like this and be like "notice me cornette, look what I did for our cause!"

I don't know if Cornette has answered to that tweet (i'm proudly blocked by him), Brian Last already told him to fuck off, but this is when Corny does need to tell him to fuck off, and I think he will, Cornette I'm sure would agree with Jericho punching that dude. I think the comparison with Trump is a bit out there, but I can see the reasoning, a dude that talks so much shit about something that inspires people to do dangerous dumbass shit.

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 11th, '21, 10:54 Yes, but I figured that most people who don't like AEW don't like it because they either:

Don't assume that the person listens to both Russo and Cornette, the dude who jumped the barricade only tagged Corny and Last, who do the show together. it was VOW that brought up Russo, who also probably talks a lot of shit of AEW, but he also talks a lot of shit of WWE and every other promotion out there. I think Russo is the most innocent here.

i would imagine that guy was a big fan of the attitude era and a bunch of WWE/NXT stuff and it's just tribalism against AEW, or any other company that has challenged WWE at any point, I'm sure he would talk shit about NJPW or TNA or ROH, or those spot monkeys in PWG (until they're signed to NXT of course). He doesn't listen to Cornette because of Cornette's analysis or anything like that, he listens and tags Cornette because he knows Cornette is going to talk trash about AEW.

To a lesser extent, it's similar to the the Bryan and Vinny shows, who have always been popular because it's them reviewing things that they're going to complain about, be it TNA or WCW. Some of the most popular shows for all podcasts are when WWE does something so bad, that they just want to hear everyone talk shit about it.
I don't think Cornette likes WWE/NXT, either, though, and he has buried a good chunk of the Attitude Era as well (especially the later stuff when Russo got more control, like 98-99), so I can't imagine a WWE tribalist would be listening to him, and if the guy isn't listening to Cornette's show then saying that Jim and Brian Last bear more responsibility than anyone else is unfair. They should definitely take the lead in telling the guy to f*ck off, since he clearly did it to get their attention, but if the guy isn't listening to them then it's unfair to blame them (and ditto for Russo, as VOW seems to have blamed Russo a bit).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 13th, '21, 12:15

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 13th, '21, 13:40

cero2k wrote: Jul 13th, '21, 12:15
And 71 matches that should have ended in DQs but didn't for no adequately explained reason.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 14th, '21, 15:14

Follwing up with the SEScoops article from a few days ago.

“Got news for you dipsh*t” Cornette began. “The ring is sacred ground for US, and even if you and a lot of others THINK you can kick the s–t out of the Young Bucks, I would have turned you into a tennis racket popsicle.”

“You’re lucky someone there didn’t gut you like a fish. And you’re blocked,” Cornette concluded.

Cornette’s podcast host Brian Last also lambasted the barricade jumper, saying “real wrestling fans don’t jump the rail. You should be embarrassed. You are blocked.”

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 19th, '21, 20:05

he's either coming back, or just incompetence

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 19th, '21, 20:59

cero2k wrote: Jul 19th, '21, 20:05 he's either coming back, or just incompetence

Or maybe they had the shirts already made and figured they might as well try to sell them because they already spent the money.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '21, 12:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 19th, '21, 20:59
cero2k wrote: Jul 19th, '21, 20:05 he's either coming back, or just incompetence

Or maybe they had the shirts already made and figured they might as well try to sell them because they already spent the money.
There is a report today that WWE is indeed considering bringing him back.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 23rd, '21, 12:26

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 26th, '21, 16:13

that one time Steph said 9/11 was as hard for the US as the steroid trial was for her

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 26th, '21, 17:33

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 26th, '21, 19:18

cero2k wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 17:33
The boss-man with the scoops!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 26th, '21, 21:26

Big Red Machine wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 19:18
cero2k wrote: Jul 26th, '21, 17:33
The boss-man with the scoops!
haha, it was in the Pacific Rim podcast and I thought it was a big deal, but no one is reporting on it