Report: Edge opposed to WWE's 'supernatural' plans for Judgment Day

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Report: Edge opposed to WWE's 'supernatural' plans for Judgment Day

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '22, 18:28

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/repo ... dgment-day

Edge was kicked out of the group on WWE Raw.

Ian Carey
10 hours ago

Edge was reportedly not in favor of The Judgment Day going a "supernatural route."

According to a report from Fightful Select, Edge being kicked out of the group on Raw may have been a result of his opposition to future plans for the faction. He is said to have been opposed to WWE wanting to add a "supernatural" element to the stable. The decision to have Edge removed from Judgment Day was then made on Monday afternoon before Raw that night.

Plans had been in place for Finn Balor to turn heel and join the faction before Hell in a Cell but at the time, there were no plans for Edge to leave the group.

According to a report from PW Insider, Edge has now been moved to the babyface side of the company's internal depth charts. He had been posting to social media teasing potential new members of Judgment Day as recently as Saturday.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: Report: Edge opposed to WWE's 'supernatural' plans for Judgment Day

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 9th, '22, 01:04

Brm new favorite wrestler.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 9th, '22, 13:13

Kicking the creator of a group out just a mere month or so after its creation is just a silly snap decision.
What a terrible piece of booking that's killed the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, the thought of "supernatural" powers is also stupid.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 9th, '22, 15:02

XIV wrote: Jun 9th, '22, 13:13 Kicking the creator of a group out just a mere month or so after its creation is just a silly snap decision.

I mean... If you have a logical replacement ready to go and you can come up with a logic reason for the disciples to turn on the master and you can come up with a solid idea of where to take it...

Sometimes, you can come up with a good idea really quickly and make it work.

Do I think that's what happened here? Probably not. But while I would caution against throwing long-laid plans out the window, I do think that sometimes you just come up with something better half-way through, and in a way where you can make the pivot work.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 10th, '22, 14:22

Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 9th, '22, 15:02
XIV wrote: Jun 9th, '22, 13:13 Kicking the creator of a group out just a mere month or so after its creation is just a silly snap decision.

I mean... If you have a logical replacement ready to go and you can come up with a logic reason for the disciples to turn on the master and you can come up with a solid idea of where to take it...

Do I think that's what happened here? Probably not. But while I would caution against throwing long-laid plans out the window, I do think that sometimes you just come up with something better half-way through, and in a way where you can make the pivot work.
If it works, fantastic.

But I’m sceptical, because it looks as though initially they were just adding Balor in (probably with some supernatural stuff featuring Demon Balor).

I don’t want Edge to end up like Big Show, because this makes two turns this year…
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 10th, '22, 15:17

XIV wrote: Jun 10th, '22, 14:22
Big Red Machine wrote: Jun 9th, '22, 15:02

If it works, fantastic.

But I’m sceptical, because it looks as though initially they were just adding Balor in (probably with some supernatural stuff featuring Demon Balor).

I don’t want Edge to end up like Big Show, because this makes two turns this year…
I don't think that will be an issue because:
1) Edge's turns have felt dictated by his own desires, not Creative's.
2) I think Big Show was a unique situation. Big Show's size (and Vince's view of size) and (after a point) expendability as he aged and they realized he'd never be the difference maker resulted in Big Show being the default guy who you turned when you wanted a babyface to overcome a major threat, or when you needed a "big brother comes to save the little babyface from the bully" moment, or when you wanted to have a heel mistreat his lackey and get his comeuppance. Vince's tendency to change plans on impulse then exacerbated things because it would result in going to those sorts of scenarios (especially the first two) more often.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jun 10th, '22, 15:37

The easiest answer is most likely that they were low on top babyfaces after Cody's injury and had to turn someone quickly. You only had Lashley and I guess Styles/Riddle while the other side had Rollins, Owens, Miz, Edge, Theory, Omos and Reigns technically. Trading Balor for Edge is a net gain for the babyface side while this puts Judgement Day in a sink or swim situation basically.

XIV

Post by XIV » Jun 10th, '22, 15:47

Thelone wrote: Jun 10th, '22, 15:37 The easiest answer is most likely that they were low on top babyfaces after Cody's injury and had to turn someone quickly. You only had Lashley and I guess Styles/Riddle while the other side had Rollins, Owens, Miz, Edge, Theory, Omos and Reigns technically. Trading Balor for Edge is a net gain for the babyface side while this puts Judgement Day in a sink or swim situation basically.
I’m not convinced that much thought went into it.

They’re light on Babyfaces, hence Roman not defending ever and with no credible built threat yet, it could cause a problem.

Edge isn’t that guy either though!
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 12th, '22, 07:03

XIV wrote: Jun 10th, '22, 15:47
They’re light on Babyfaces, hence Roman not defending ever and with no credible built threat yet, it could cause a problem.
not exactly the reason why Roman ain't defending, he just wanted to work less. he still has Riddle, Orton, and Galloway to take him through to the fall, and the build up Cody's return. But they ARE light on babyfaces

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Jun 12th, '22, 09:03

Saw that segment last night on RAW and yeah, the reasoning was paper-thin at best. Even the crowd was like "wait, what?" when it happened.

I get why they did it, but I give it six months at best (magical bullshit or not) before Ripley is back on her own while Balor and Priest are feuding with each other.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 13th, '22, 00:09

He just didn't wanna spook everybody with their dark magical style...again...this guy is now BRM's new favorite...

You heard it here first...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.