Dragon Lee signs with WWE, joining NXT in January

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Dragon Lee signs with WWE, joining NXT in January

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '22, 01:07

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/drag ... in-january

Lee announced the news during AAA's Noche de Campeones event on Wednesday.

Bryan Rose
Dec 28, 2022

Dragon Lee

Dragon Lee has signed with WWE.

Lee announced he had signed after he and Dralsitico defeated FTR to win the AAA Tag Team titles on Wednesday’s AAA Noche de Campeones event in Acapulco. ESPN reported that Lee will start with the company in January for the NXT brand.

"An unbelievable athlete who has collected accolades and held championships across the globe… and he’s just getting started," Triple H wrote on Twitter. "The next chapter of @dragonlee95’s career begins with @WWENXT!"

As a result of his announcement, Lee and Dralistico then vacated the titles just minutes after winning them. According to The Cubs Fan, Lee notified AAA of his status “well in advance” of Wednesday's show.

"Dragon Lee is a tremendous talent that will immediately add value to the NXT roster," James Kimball, WWE's head of talent strategy and operations, told ESPN. "This signing is reflective of WWE's renewed emphasis on globalizing our talent pipeline with Latin America positioned as a focal market."

Lee was also interviewed by ESPN, saying he hoped that he could be the next Rey Mysterio. He had originally talked to former WWE head of talent relations Canyon Ceman about coming in with talks advancing after he spoke to Finn Balor a few months ago.

"[Balor] told me, 'Would you like to be in WWE?'" Lee said. "I said, 'Yeah, sure. Why not?' ... It was something special for me."

Lee broke into professional wrestling in 2014, first wrestling for CMLL. Over the last several years, he has worked for ROH, New Japan Pro Wrestling, and AAA. Other family members include his father Bestia del Ring and brother Rush, who is signed to AEW.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3