Things We Don't Like About Dixie Carter

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
kirbs2002

Things We Don't Like About Dixie Carter

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 16th, '11, 19:47

Exactly what it says on the tin. Something you don't like about Dixie Carter

1. Allowing Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair to wrestle in TNA
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Rabid619

Re: Things We Don't Like About Dixie Carter

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 16th, '11, 19:52

2. Her being on TV.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jan 16th, '11, 20:34

3. The vague, moronic teasing of secrets on Twitter

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 16th, '11, 20:57

4. Her complete and total lack of understanding of the wrstling business
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 16th, '11, 20:58

Quote form Lance Storm's article entitled "Dixie Carter" on www.Stormwrestling.com , which was a review of Dixie's YouShoot:
Okay, all of that aside, there is one specific question asked of Dixie Carter that I want to discuss here. The question was asked by one James E. Cornette and it was, not too surprisingly, “Why do you employ Vince Russo?” I think this is a very important question as the biggest complain about TNA is of course the creative direction of the product and more specifically the writing of the Impact Show. Dixie has stood by Vince Russo despite almost every other person in the industry burying the product Russo puts out.

Her answer was, “What makes somebody successful in wrestling is that you either love them or you hate them, and I think he’s that kind of polarizing character… and that’s really what you want from your best talent too, you want people to love them or you want them hate them, and he is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative, he knows what he does not do. The funny thing about Vince is that, you guy I’m sure have heard some of those “Fire Russo” chants that we’ve had in arenas through out the years, and I can tell you in every single instance he had nothing to do with what was going on in the ring...”

That’s the best she could come up with? And please don’t use the excuse this question was sprung on her and she had no time to prepare, this is the most commonly asked question in the industry. If she didn’t know this question was coming she’s even more naïve and uninformed than her answer to this question indicates.

Let’s look at her answer:

“What makes somebody successful in wrestling is that you either love them or you hate them.”

Okay that is true if you are a performer on the show, but not if you work behind the scenes in the office. Vince Russo is not a character on the show that we are supposed to love or hate, he is the guy writing this show, and people hating him for doing a shitty job of writing this show is not a job qualification or a sign of success.

“He is honestly incredibly talented when it comes to writing creative; he knows what he does not do.”

I don’t even know what this means. He is good at writing creative, WHAT? He sure as hell isn’t incredibly talented at writing wrestling, creative or otherwise. If he was, the majority of the industry wouldn’t be hoping for him to be fired. Now as far as “he knows what he does not do” well that’s a plus, unfortunately what he does not do, is understand pro-wrestling or write a compelling wrestling program.

“The funny thing about Vince is that, you guy I’m sure have heard some of those “Fire Russo” chants that we’ve had in arenas through out the years, and I can tell you in every single instance he had nothing to do with what was going on in the ring...”

Does anyone believe this? I don’t even believe Dixie Carter remembers every single instance where these chants occurred or who came up with those segments in the first place, let alone that their head writer had nothing to do with any of them. Even if we give her the benefit of the doubt on this one and say Vince Russo didn’t have anything to do with those specific segments, is not writing the very worst segments on your show a job qualification? Is saying we have far shittier writers than Vince Russo working for us, a reason to employ the man?

Let’s recap, Dixie Carter said she employs Vince Russo because, he is a polarizing character that people hate, and he didn’t write those really bad segments that fans chanted “Fire Russo” at. I omitted the middle statement because I really don’t know what it means and she provided no evidence to back it up anyway. So if those are the reasons behind her continued employment of Vince Russo, perhaps the new signing to TNA she is teasing on Twitter is OJ Simpson or Rush Limbaugh. They are both polarizing characters that a lot of people hate, and I’m pretty sure they didn’t write those really shitty “Fire Russo” segments either.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 17th, '11, 01:30

5. Her complete disregard for kayfabe.

eg. "I'm not out here to cut a promo" FACEPALM

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Feb 20th, '11, 23:33

Figured I'd bump this.

6. Hires people solely because of a past association with the WWE, regardless of any actual talent.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 21st, '11, 01:26

7. the fact that she is irrelevant; pretty much totally irrelevant.

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Feb 22nd, '11, 01:20

8.She's an IDIOT.....? Does that count?

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 22nd, '11, 02:22

9. Her complete lack of understanding for not just this business... but any business...

Any company that knows they're spending more money than they've got is doomed for failure & let's face the boss is an idiot. She's made no measures to cut the spending, despite there being numerous reports of it... and even though her parents were supposedly cutting the budget... none of this has clearly helped YET as soon as an ex WWE name goes on the market... they sign them to a contract.

Anyone else wanna crack open any WCW documentaries and compare the two?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '11, 02:29

her complete and total hypocrisy about the treatment of women in the WWE.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 22nd, '11, 02:31

11. Her hypocritical "faith" and "loyalty" to the guys that built her company who are now released, gone or on the undercard.

NewAgeSavior

Post by NewAgeSavior » Feb 23rd, '11, 01:03

12. She has made a company with superior talent compared to WWE completely unwatchable....Which I guess in a way, is quite an accomplishment when you think about it.