Match of the Weekend

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Match of the Weekend

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 6th, '11, 21:00

3 DGUSA Shows, 2 ROH Shows, Wrestlemania. What was the match of the weekend?

I haven't seen any of the DGUSA shows, but I am going to give it to Taker vs. Triple H, which just edges out Roddy vs. Davey.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Re: Match of the Weekend

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 6th, '11, 22:45

I'm gonna go with Briscoes v. ANX; that match was AWESOME!

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Apr 7th, '11, 05:29

Big Red Machine wrote:3 DGUSA Shows, 2 ROH Shows, Wrestlemania. What was the match of the weekend?

I haven't seen any of the DGUSA shows, but I am going to give it to Taker vs. Triple H, which just edges out Roddy vs. Davey.
Taker and Triple H... simply because of the psychology... I'm a big fan of any match that carries the right psychology into it... the whole chair shots and "stay down" stuff was awesome... "what have you got left?" "what are fighting for" "Just stop" "DIE" I marked out throughout this entire segment of the match... It really put across that you cannot beat Taker at Wrestlemania. When Taker grabbed Triple H by the throat and Triple H shook his head and said no I loved it, the whole hell's gate with the Sledgehammer was great too... good way to end it. There was no way you could write a fightback and tombstone after that... it ended perfectly. Loved it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 7th, '11, 12:27

Lynas wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:3 DGUSA Shows, 2 ROH Shows, Wrestlemania. What was the match of the weekend?

Taker and Triple H... simply because of the psychology... I'm a big fan of any match that carries the right psychology into it... the whole chair shots and "stay down" stuff was awesome... "what have you got left?" "what are fighting for" "Just stop" "DIE" I marked out throughout this entire segment of the match... It really put across that you cannot beat Taker at Wrestlemania. When Taker grabbed Triple H by the throat and Triple H shook his head and said no I loved it, the whole hell's gate with the Sledgehammer was great too... good way to end it. There was no way you could write a fightback and tombstone after that... it ended perfectly. Loved it.
I know. It was amazing! I would have bumped it up to a 9.5 if Taker had slapped Triple H after the tombnstone, leading into a Pedigree, which Taker kicked out of.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Apr 7th, '11, 13:06

Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:

I know. It was amazing! I would have bumped it up to a 9.5 if Taker had slapped Triple H after the tombnstone, leading into a Pedigree, which Taker kicked out of.
It was a brilliant match & I loved it.. I personally would actually rank it higher than the HBK matches... on pure psychology.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 7th, '11, 13:10

^ dont know if thats possible,i think he ranked them tens,,but i know what you mean :p
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Apr 7th, '11, 13:12

KILLdozer wrote:^ dont know if thats possible,i think he ranked them tens,,but i know what you mean :p
It was my personal take & personal rank.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 7th, '11, 13:17

i know thats why i said i know what you mean :D
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Apr 8th, '11, 11:52

The last 4 Wrestlemanias have all included ONE match on each card that left me speechless.

WMXXIV: Michaels vs. Flair - I'm man enough to admit that I cried like a baby.
WMXXV: Michales vs. 'Taker, Chapter 1 - I learned that having multiple heart attacks during a match is a VERY realistic risk that we take as fans.
WMXXVI: Michaels vs. 'Taker, Chapter 2 - I marked out the entire time. Michaels standing up to the Undertaker like that was, psychologically and from a story-telling perspective, the perfect cherry on top of one of the greatest in-ring careers ever. And then I ended up crying like a baby again. Don't judge me.
WMXXVII: The Undertaker vs. Triple H - There's not much I can say about this one that you guys haven't already. Nothing short of a truly EPIC story was told.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 8th, '11, 13:12

Sassafras wrote: WMXXV: Michales vs. 'Taker, Chapter 1 - I learned that having multiple heart attacks during a match is a VERY realistic risk that we take as fans.
No kidding. My worst have come from Taker vs. Triple H this year, Tyler vs. Aries at FB 09, Tyler vs. Nigel at Injustice II MCMG vs. Beer Money from Victory Road, and Davey vs. Tyler at DBD last year.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation