Is what Happened to Christian right?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.

Is what happened the Christian right?

Yes
8%
No
92%

Total votes: 13

Earth Child

Is what Happened to Christian right?

Post by Earth Child » May 7th, '11, 02:13

We all saw the travesty that was Randy "No Sell" Orton winning the belt of Christian not even a week after he beat Del Rio at Extreme Rules.

Do you think it's justifiable or a spit in the face.

You can argue that Randy has a lot more fan support (Albeit from little kids and women) therefore should be at the top of the ladder.

But after all the things Christian has done for the wrestling business, he gets a 5 day run with the Big Gold Belt. Which I think personally is a slap in the face.

So, Smackdown your vote and opinion.

:YMPEACE:

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Re: Is what Happened to Christian right?

Post by Lynas » May 7th, '11, 02:49

Obviously I'd have liked to see a good reign for Christian, if he's only ever gonna be World Champion once, at least give him a bit of time with it... they built that Smackdown show around Christian however... if they wanted to bury his title run, they wouldn't have given him 15 minutes of mic time at the start of the show & they wouldn't have put so much emphasis on Christian losing the belt... I'm hoping all of these things mean WWE are going to re-invent Christian as heel & see how over he gets as heel...

As for whethere it's right or not... I'll reserve my judgement for a few weeks.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 7th, '11, 06:16

I don't agree with what they did. Whether they think he can carry a brand or not, they didn't give him a chance! Like Lynas said, as is with everything, we'll see how it pans out, but at this point I don't agree with the booking.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 7th, '11, 08:14

Bob-O wrote:I don't agree with what they did. Whether they think he can carry a brand or not, they didn't give him a chance! Like Lynas said, as is with everything, we'll see how it pans out, but at this point I don't agree with the booking.
yeah; I hate it when they have someone win a title only to have them drop it immediately. I hated when they had Kane beat Austin and drop the belt back to him the very next night; I think one day/one week World title reigns should NEVER be someone's first title reign. Swagger held the Fucking belt for a month or two; does the WWE actually have more faith in HIM to draw more than Christian? That's what's wrong about it to me....

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » May 7th, '11, 12:52

I agree with it. I think it's good for business. Let's be honest, Orton is more over than Christian. Way more over. And if he carries the belt it will make Smackdown look better.

Like Mark Madden (I think) said, don't be marks, the belt is just a prop.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 7th, '11, 19:35

i won't say it's right, cuz it just sucks to fight for something so long and only grasp it for so little just to make edge look good. but at the same time, i think there will be a larger picture here, we just need to wait and see, it's not like Christian didn't know he was only getting the title for two days and that's it, right?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » May 7th, '11, 19:40

cero2k wrote:i won't say it's right, cuz it just sucks to fight for something so long and only grasp it for so little just to make edge look good. but at the same time, i think there will be a larger picture here, we just need to wait and see, it's not like Christian didn't know he was only getting the title for two days and that's it, right?
Well they MIGHT have something planned but Christian sounds like an upstanding guy so he probably said it was fine because he thought they had a good angle planned which we all hope they do. Because if it was just to give Edge another little moment than its downright pathetic.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 7th, '11, 19:45

Rabid619 wrote:
cero2k wrote:i won't say it's right, cuz it just sucks to fight for something so long and only grasp it for so little just to make edge look good. but at the same time, i think there will be a larger picture here, we just need to wait and see, it's not like Christian didn't know he was only getting the title for two days and that's it, right?
Well they MIGHT have something planned but Christian sounds like an upstanding guy so he probably said it was fine because he thought they had a good angle planned which we all hope they do. Because if it was just to give Edge another little moment than its downright pathetic.
hey, the last time someone rode on someone else's wave, he won the royal rumble and then the title at WM (yeah, i'm looking at you mysterio) so let's not rule out that Christian will get something later on.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » May 7th, '11, 19:51

I'm fairly confident they have a plan. But I would have at least wished for a loss at a Pay Per View. Let him hold the title for a bit and see where it goes.

Though, I admit I'm horribly biased against Orton. I view him as utterly boring and nothing more than a brooding look and deep voice whereas I feel Christian has a more normal every man thing going on and a hell of a lot more wit.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » May 7th, '11, 20:11

Verdun wrote:Though, I admit I'm horribly biased against Orton. I view him as utterly boring and nothing more than a brooding look and deep voice whereas I feel Christian has a more normal every man thing going on and a hell of a lot more wit.
I definitely agree with you. Whenever Orton wins its always an RKO out of nowhere. It gets boring fast

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » May 7th, '11, 21:14

Christian actually held the belt for only 2 days...lol Another burial of a former NWA World champion... (look it up, the only other former NWA World champion pushed on a main event level was Ric Flair... the rest could only HOPE to reach the secondary title level)