2 Cents: CM Punk

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
yourcrapsweak

2 Cents: CM Punk

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 10:39

Do you think CM Punk should stay in WWE, or do you think he should go elsewhere?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: 2 Cents: CM Punk

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:36

ROH! ROH! ROH!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:49

Big Red Machine wrote:ROH! ROH! ROH!
Yup, yup.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:51

I would like to see him in DGUSA and PWG as well.

I heard that he has a problem with Quack. If that's not true, I'd like to see him in Chikara. more than anything.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:54

Punk won't work for Chikara. He doesn't do comedy. And the CP Munk character pissed him off. He needs to be in ROH right now. The TV show and overall growth of the company can only benefit from Punk's involvement.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 11:57

Sassafras wrote:Punk won't work for Chikara. He doesn't do comedy. And the CP Munk character pissed him off. He needs to be in ROH right now. The TV show and overall growth of the company can only benefit from Punk's involvement.
He does some comedy (Second City Saints, Colt Cabana and Ace Steel, hello lol), but I did hear the CP Munk stuff pissed him off, and that's why I think he and Quack don't get along.

I agree with you about ROH, but I'd still like to see him in PWG and DGUSA for a few appearances.
-Kevin Steen

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Jul 3rd, '11, 12:03

I think CZW is also out of the question because of problems he had with some of their guys and their fans.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jul 3rd, '11, 12:12

kirbs2002 wrote:I think CZW is also out of the question because of problems he had with some of their guys and their fans.
I highly doubt Punk respects CZW enough to work for them.
-Kevin Steen

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jul 3rd, '11, 12:53

yourcrapsweak wrote:I highly doubt Punk respects CZW enough to work for them.
Very true lol

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 4th, '11, 09:08

If Hogan & Bischoff weren't in charge I would say TNA but that aside, with Punk having the mainstream exposure he has right now going back to Ring of Honor would be the bomb diggity for ROH...

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jul 4th, '11, 09:34

Look, guys. CM Punk is the greatest overall professional wrestling performer of this generation. ANY company that gets him should count their lucky stars.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jul 4th, '11, 09:36

both of these two cents topics about him are a bit similar...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 4th, '11, 18:03

He should stay:

1) he'll make much more money in WWE.
2) he'll have much more exposure & influence on the audience.
3) he fits in perfectly in the sense that he always stands out. There isn't really anyone at all like CM Punk in wrestling.
4) this push they are giving him and the fact that they are giving it to him bc they want rights to his name show that WWE DOES feel he is worth wooing.

He should def take some time off if he's burnt out (although, I don't really see how he is; being that he's just made the biggest impact of his career and the biggest impact on the WWE anyone has in years...aside from the Rock's return), but he should def return to the WWE....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 5th, '11, 12:52

badnewzxl wrote:He should stay:

1) he'll make much more money in WWE.
2) he'll have much more exposure & influence on the audience.
3) he fits in perfectly in the sense that he always stands out. There isn't really anyone at all like CM Punk in wrestling.
4) this push they are giving him and the fact that they are giving it to him bc they want rights to his name show that WWE DOES feel he is worth wooing.

He should def take some time off if he's burnt out (although, I don't really see how he is; being that he's just made the biggest impact of his career and the biggest impact on the WWE anyone has in years...aside from the Rock's return), but he should def return to the WWE....
This. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Punk back in ROH, but Punk is gold and can be gold in the WWE.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 8th, '11, 21:41

At this point, so long as WWE doesn't own his name, Punk would be gold anywhere... so go to ROH where he could do the most good...