Will anyone break Dudleys/Team 3D's record?

Tell it to the world!!
ECWFlairfan

Re: Will anyone break Dudleys/Team 3D's record?

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jul 31st, '11, 20:36

so far WGTT has the lead, don't you think? having held the WWE tag titles...

Robert Randall

Post by Robert Randall » Jul 31st, '11, 21:01

ECWFlairfan wrote:so far WGTT has the lead, don't you think? having held the WWE tag titles...
no, the total number of tag title reigns is what decides the leaders, not what order they get the belts in.
when I say I'm the ish, I'm not being cocky or conceited, I'm merely telling you what others told me "Rob, you're the ish"

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 1st, '11, 06:11

But WGTT has the potential to finish strong given that they have already held the WWE tag titles... cause the WWE likes to screw up tag teams after they've been champs... look at Rhodes/DiBiase (they are planning their breakup now), Hart Dynasty, Miz/Morrison among others...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 1st, '11, 09:03

ECWFlairfan wrote:But WGTT has the potential to finish strong given that they have already held the WWE tag titles... cause the WWE likes to screw up tag teams after they've been champs... look at Rhodes/DiBiase (they are planning their breakup now), Hart Dynasty, Miz/Morrison among others...
Yeah... but all of the teams you just named won the WWE Tag Team Titles before splitting up, so that makes KoW seem more like a sure thing. Also, I'd argue that KoW holding the tag team titles in ROH, CZW, and CHIKARA at the same time proves more dominance than the Dudleys had.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 1st, '11, 16:18

Winning the WWE tag titles won't make the KoW a top team unless a division is actually built around them. I would have liked to see them in there with Slater & Gabriel, but it seems like they're splitting those two up for good. The Usos are goo, but they've been pushed down to obscurity until the last couple of weeks despite WWE having a LACK of tag teams. It's really sad that Otunga has held the belts twice and the Usos haven't had one single run. And when they get said run, I wouldn't be surprised if they get treated just as the Hart Dynasty did.

I think there are some good tag combos WWE could capitalize on; some of the guys may be better singles wrestlers, but putting them in tag teams increases the likelihood of them AT LEAST getting SOME tv time:

Chris Masters & Zach Ryder (Aren't they both from the NY area? Long Island?)
Vladimir Koslov & Santino Marella (or bring Alex Koslov up from FCW and team him with Vlad)
Brodus Clay & Ricardo Rodriguez (why the hell not? if for nothing else, Del Rio could send them out to soften HIS rivals)
Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase (they're already teaming together anyway; touching the tag gold again can ignite a true run towards the World title for either guy).

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 1st, '11, 19:24

Big Red Machine wrote:Also, I'd argue that KoW holding the tag team titles in ROH, CZW, and CHIKARA at the same time proves more dominance than the Dudleys had.
Three indie titles vs a top US title & a top Japanese title... sounds like to me like the 2nd is greater to me...

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 19:57

ECWFlairfan wrote:Three indie titles vs a top US title & a top Japanese title... sounds like to me like the 2nd is greater to me...
3 beats 2. You're really looking down at indie promotions here. I'd also say they defend the indie titles more often as well so thats another factor you're not counting.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 1st, '11, 20:01

Rabid619 wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:Three indie titles vs a top US title & a top Japanese title... sounds like to me like the 2nd is greater to me...
3 beats 2. You're really looking down at indie promotions here. I'd also say they defend the indie titles more often as well so thats another factor you're not counting.
3 indies near one another... 2 national based organizations on DIFFERENT continents...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 1st, '11, 20:39

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Also, I'd argue that KoW holding the tag team titles in ROH, CZW, and CHIKARA at the same time proves more dominance than the Dudleys had.
Three indie titles vs a top US title & a top Japanese title... sounds like to me like the 2nd is greater to me...
They held the title of the top three indies at the same time. That is dominance along the lines of there being able t be no dispute whatsoever that they were THE dominant team in the world.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 1st, '11, 21:08

Big Red Machine wrote:They held the title of the top three indies at the same time. That is dominance along the lines of there being able t be no dispute whatsoever that they were THE dominant team in the world.
This!

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Aug 2nd, '11, 00:12

Well guys, there's one thing that you can't deny

The Dudleys hold the record for most reigns as ECW World Tag Team Champions and WWE World Tag Team Champions

The Dudleys held the ECW World Tag Team Championship 8 times and they held the WWE World Tag Team Championship 8 times as well

They have def. the following Tag Teams in ECW:

"The Eliminators" (Perry Saturn) & (Kronos) (twice)
"The Gangstas" (New Jack) & (Mustafa Saed)
Rob Van Dam & Sabu
Devon also def. RVD in a Singles Match to win their 6th ECW Tag Team Title
Masato Tanaka & Balls Mahoney
Balls Mahoney & Spike Dudley (twice)

1st ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 4 weeks and 1 day
2nd ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 4 weeks and 1 day
3rd ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 4 weeks and 6 days
4th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 week and 1 days (8 days to be exact)
5th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 5 weeks and 2 days
6th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 13 weeks and 1 day
7th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 day
8th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted less than 24 hrs.

They held 8 Tag Team Titles for a combined total of almost 33 weeks

They also def. the following Tag Teams in the WWE:

The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn)
Edge & Christian (twice)
Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho
Kane & The Undertaker
The Hardys (Matt & Jeff)
Lance Storm & William Regal
La Resistance

1st WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 5 weeks
2nd WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 6 weeks and 1 day
3rd WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 week and 6 days (almost 2 weeks to be exact)
4th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 2 weeks and 6 days (almost 3 weeks to be exact)
5th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 5 weeks
6th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 7 weeks and 1 day
7th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 day
8th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 12 weeks

They held 8 Tag Team Titles for a combined total of 40 weeks and 1 day which is 281 days

They also def. The Hardys for the WCW World Tag Team Championship and they also won the SD! WWE Tag Team Titles from Charlie Haas & Rico

There reign as WCW World Tag Team Champions lasted 3 weeks and 5 days (which is almost 4 weeks) when they unified the WCW & the WWE World Tag Team Championship when they def. The Hardys inside the Steel Cage @ the 15th Annual WWE Survivor Series and their reign as SD! WWE Tag Team Champions lasted only 3 weeks when they lost the titles on Paul London & Billy Kidman

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Aug 2nd, '11, 10:14

womenwrestlerfan wrote:Well guys, there's one thing that you can't deny

The Dudleys hold the record for most reigns as ECW World Tag Team Champions and WWE World Tag Team Champions

The Dudleys held the ECW World Tag Team Championship 8 times and they held the WWE World Tag Team Championship 8 times as well

Rob Van Dam & Sabu

4th ECW Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 week and 1 days (8 days to be exact)

Edge & Christian (twice)
Kane & The Undertaker
The Hardys (Matt & Jeff)
La Resistance

3rd WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 1 week and 6 days (almost 2 weeks to be exact)
4th WWE World Tag Team Championship Reign lasted 2 weeks and 6 days (almost 3 weeks to be exact)

They held 8 Tag Team Titles for a combined total of 40 weeks and 1 day which is 281 days

They also def. The Hardys for the WCW World Tag Team Championship and they also won the SD! WWE Tag Team Titles from Charlie Haas & Rico

There reign as WCW World Tag Team Champions lasted 3 weeks and 5 days (which is almost 4 weeks) when they unified the WCW & the WWE World Tag Team Championship when they def. The Hardys inside the Steel Cage @ the 15th Annual WWE Survivor Series and their reign as SD! WWE Tag Team Champions lasted only 3 weeks when they lost the titles on Paul London & Billy Kidman
That does absolutely nothing for this topic. Nobody is denying anything that the Dudleys have done.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 2nd, '11, 11:28

Rabid619 wrote:
womenwrestlerfan wrote:Well guys, there's one thing that you can't deny

Rob Van Dam & Sabu

Edge & Christian (twice)
Kane & The Undertaker
The Hardys (Matt & Jeff)
La Resistance

That does absolutely nothing for this topic. Nobody is denying anything that the Dudleys have done.
It actually does do something: It brings up the length of the title reigns in question. In their 23 reigns as tag team champions, the Dudleys held the belts for a total of 1045 days, making for an average of 45 days per title reign. For the Kings of Wrestling, it is a total of 879 days over five reigns, for an average of almost 176 days per title reign. Bubba and Devon might be good at winning titles, but they are also just as good at losing them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Aug 2nd, '11, 12:53

Big Red Machine wrote:It actually does do something: It brings up the length of the title reigns in question. In their 23 reigns as tag team champions, the Dudleys held the belts for a total of 1045 days, making for an average of 45 days per title reign. For the Kings of Wrestling, it is a total of 879 days over five reigns, for an average of almost 176 days per title reign. Bubba and Devon might be good at winning titles, but they are also just as good at losing them.
Thank You BRM and that's alot of Title Reigns

God Bless The Dudleys

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 3rd, '11, 21:18

No mention of the history of their NWA, TNA, & IWGP tag team title reigns...

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 3rd, '11, 21:26

ECWFlairfan wrote:No mention of the history of their NWA, TNA, & IWGP tag team title reigns...
didn't they win the FMW tag titles from Jado & Gedo?

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 4th, '11, 06:00

badnewzxl wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:No mention of the history of their NWA, TNA, & IWGP tag team title reigns...
didn't they win the FMW tag titles from Jado & Gedo?
if so, thats 24 tag titles... i'll check...

Styles

Post by Styles » Aug 4th, '11, 06:14

Big Red Machine wrote:

It actually does do something: It brings up the length of the title reigns in question. In their 23 reigns as tag team champions, the Dudleys held the belts for a total of 1045 days, making for an average of 45 days per title reign. For the Kings of Wrestling, it is a total of 879 days over five reigns, for an average of almost 176 days per title reign. Bubba and Devon might be good at winning titles, but they are also just as good at losing them.

surely this is the main point to consider? the most amount of days a tag team has held championships...?
hold as many as you want but if they're short reigns that still makes you not all that 45 days per title reign on average... is not a great reign. 176 days is.
maybe we should go about finding out who has the most days as a certified world champion?

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Aug 4th, '11, 12:20

Styles wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

surely this is the main point to consider? the most amount of days a tag team has held championships...?
hold as many as you want but if they're short reigns that still makes you not all that 45 days per title reign on average... is not a great reign. 176 days is.
maybe we should go about finding out who has the most days as a certified world champion?
Since the topic is about whether or not anyone will break the Dudley's record, I'd just go by the number of reigns.

But if you as k me, the Steiners are the best Tag Team of all time despite not having the most total reigns, the most different titles, the most days as champ, or the longest reign as champs. An argument can be made for anyone who holds the record for any of those four specific stats.

But to answer the original question: No. No one's ever gonna break that record....

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Aug 9th, '11, 17:07

Steiners are top 5 easily, I agree... but Team 3D has held more different titles as well as the sheer # of reigns... being the best in many companies is what makes one great, not a whole bunch in one place or even a long reign in 1 place... (which is why HHH will never be considered one of the all time best...)