Against the grain

Tell it to the world!!
yourcrapsweak

Re: Against the grain

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 29th, '10, 21:51

I never like Stone Cold or the Rock.

I love Triple H.

I think William Regal gets too much credit.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

BrettBirnberg
Future Endeavored

Post by BrettBirnberg » Dec 29th, '10, 22:59

I've became a fan of bloody as heck matches.

I loved the Hogan-Bischoff era from stage one.

I LOVE HULK HOGAN (the mark in me is smiling)

I thought DDP was underrated.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 29th, '10, 23:00

Earth Child wrote:Over the internet? I'll try but I don't think the outcome will be good... :p
If you punch hard enough, and concentrate hard enough, you will not only break your monitor, but the person you intend to punch as well. At least I'm pretty sure that's how the internet works.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 29th, '10, 23:20

Big Red Machine wrote:
Earth Child wrote:Over the internet? I'll try but I don't think the outcome will be good... :p
If you punch hard enough, and concentrate hard enough, you will not only break your monitor, but the person you intend to punch as well. At least I'm pretty sure that's how the internet works.
Only if you're Chuck Norris.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Dec 29th, '10, 23:32

lol the person I hate seems to live inside my monitor... thats a scary thought

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '10, 00:28

I HATE diving headbutts. They make almost no sense at all, and don't seem to be anywhere near worth the risk.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 30th, '10, 00:33

Big Red Machine wrote:I HATE diving headbutts. They make almost no sense at all, and don't seem to be anywhere near worth the risk.
Agreed. Especially the Dudley's version.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 30th, '10, 01:34

Diving headbutts always seemed dumb to me. It doesnt matter which guy you are, it's gonna hurt like hell when you get hit. I heard that Harley Race said that he regrets ever inventing the move.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Dec 30th, '10, 02:38

Half the time it looks like they miss as well

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '10, 08:51

Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I HATE diving headbutts. They make almost no sense at all, and don't seem to be anywhere near worth the risk.
That's the only one that DOES make sense!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 31st, '10, 12:43

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:
I don't see how it makes sense to ram your opponents sensitive area with your own head. It should have been considered a low blow and gotten them disqualified, but for some reason everyone just sat there and thought "Let's just let them do it because they're The Dudley Boyz."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '10, 13:06

Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote: Agreed. Especially the Dudley's version.
I don't see how it makes sense to ram your opponents sensitive area with your own head. It should have been considered a low blow and gotten them disqualified, but for some reason everyone just sat there and thought "Let's just let them do it because they're The Dudley Boyz."
No. They ALWAYS make sure that the ref is distracted with something (usually the other guy's partner).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 31st, '10, 13:07

Earth Child wrote:Half the time it looks like they miss as well
A lot of the time, this seems to be the announcer calling what they think was supposed to happen, rather than what actually did happen (like if the guy hits the arm, not the shoulder).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Oct 10th, '11, 23:34

This topic shows that we have varying opinions and debate over it without getting into spats. So i encourage all to post their opinions of things and people in wrestling. I'll re-start this thing:

I have almost no respect for the wrestlers that let stuff from their personal lives like drinking, drug or stupid things like that interfere with wrestling shows. By that i mean, if you're supposed to be doing a PPV then don't get hammered or high before a show. I use Victory Road 2011 as my evidence of how bad it can turn out. People pay to watch those PPVs or tune in to watch those shows. Showing up messed up is an insult to them and those who showed up to said PPV or show completely clean. You're paid to show up and work, and you show up like that? It's the exact same thing as a person showing up to their place of business so messed up they can't work. You're damn right you deserve discipline or peoples anger. It's rude and just plain dumb.

Don't confuse that with my stance on wrestlers drinking or doing drugs on their own time. Thats their own business, its their life, let them do what they wish with it.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 10th, '11, 23:54

Rabid619 wrote:This topic shows that we have varying opinions and debate over it without getting into spats. So i encourage all to post their opinions of things and people in wrestling. I'll re-start this thing:

I have almost no respect for the wrestlers that let stuff from their personal lives like drinking, drug or stupid things like that interfere with wrestling shows. By that i mean, if you're supposed to be doing a PPV then don't get hammered or high before a show. I use Victory Road 2011 as my evidence of how bad it can turn out. People pay to watch those PPVs or tune in to watch those shows. Showing up messed up is an insult to them and those who showed up to said PPV or show completely clean. You're paid to show up and work, and you show up like that? It's the exact same thing as a person showing up to their place of business so messed up they can't work. You're damn right you deserve discipline or peoples anger. It's rude and just plain dumb.

Don't confuse that with my stance on wrestlers drinking or doing drugs on their own time. Thats their own business, its their life, let them do what they wish with it.
Against the grain.....RISE!! (100 stars to whoever gets this reference...)

While i agree to not support wrestlers screwing up shows for not being 100%. I think we need to condemn the actual promotions for allowing the wrestler to go out and perform, and not necessarily the wrestler.

A wrestler getting stoned, drunk, or any other thing before a show/match could be the consequence of many things, I don't approve their actions, but it happens, sometimes you expect the drunk effect to fade out before your time and it doesn't, i've been there....HOWEVER, a sober promoter or booker should be the ones not allowing the wrestler to go out to the ring and embarrass the promotion, the wrestlers, and everyone there. It's them that should identify the problem and stop it before it goes to far. In Victory Road, if Dixie/Jarrett/Russo/whoever saw that Hardy was unfit to wrestle, then go out to the ring, say that Jeff Hardy had a personal problem, can't defend the title, and thus is being stripped of the belt, bring out the No 1 contender and a new challenger to the title. There's some magic words in every wrestling poster that read **CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE** USE IT!! When was the last time we saw someone unfit to wrestle in a ROH or a WWE show?? can we expect for every WWE superstar to be 100% sober every show?? some yeah, why not, some are kinda doubtful, yet still you don't get 3 minute main events.

Shogun Rua

Post by Shogun Rua » Oct 11th, '11, 14:14

Triple H is a douche, and always will be. He has to get his nose in any storyline that's already getting over. I don't care if it wasn't his idea, he can say "no".

John Cena is way overrated. People started getting behind him when not liking him wasn't cool anymore.

Kurt Angle is the best wrestler of all time.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Oct 11th, '11, 14:23

Rabid619 wrote:This topic shows that we have varying opinions and debate over it without getting into spats. So i encourage all to post their opinions of things and people in wrestling. I'll re-start this thing:

I personally have a much bigger problem with fans and the powers that be who make a wrestlers personal life into a problem. John Morrison's heat from this year is a perfect example. At the beginning of the year they guy was red hot; he had an awesome match against Miz for the title and he stole the show during the Rumble match. Suddenly, bc his girlfriend had heat with Trish (and Melina wasn't the only one), he's become the biggest piece of shit in many fans' eyes and the company has held him down for months! Morrison hasn't screwed up on TV; he's been just as excellent as always, but he's been almost buried over the summer and for what? bc his girlfriend has a big mouth? bc she likes to bang other ppl? bc he spoke up (unlike many others who only spoke anonymously) against non-regular performers getting WM matches over those who bust their asses year round? That's bs.

They didn't even give him & Truth a PPV blowoff for their feud (which could only have made both characters more over). And fans in the IWC have taken this all as permission to just tear into the guy about NOTHING. Now everyone wants to just speculate about his future and talk about his personal life; ignoring the fact that in the ring, he's still one of the best/most entertaining guys they have. While they push Sheamus on SD!, they should do the same with Morrison on RAW....

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 11th, '11, 15:53

badnewzxl wrote:

I personally have a much bigger problem with fans and the powers that be who make a wrestlers personal life into a problem. John Morrison's heat from this year is a perfect example. At the beginning of the year they guy was red hot; he had an awesome match against Miz for the title and he stole the show during the Rumble match. Suddenly, bc his girlfriend had heat with Trish (and Melina wasn't the only one), he's become the biggest piece of s**t in many fans' eyes and the company has held him down for months! Morrison hasn't screwed up on TV; he's been just as excellent as always, but he's been almost buried over the summer and for what? bc his girlfriend has a big mouth? bc she likes to bang other ppl? bc he spoke up (unlike many others who only spoke anonymously) against non-regular performers getting WM matches over those who bust their asses year round? That's bs.

They didn't even give him & Truth a PPV blowoff for their feud (which could only have made both characters more over). And fans in the IWC have taken this all as permission to just tear into the guy about NOTHING. Now everyone wants to just speculate about his future and talk about his personal life; ignoring the fact that in the ring, he's still one of the best/most entertaining guys they have. While they push Sheamus on SD!, they should do the same with Morrison on RAW....
I completely agree with you. And Melina's had heat with more people than just Trish, so why does it suddenly matter than she's a giant b*tch? Most of the other Divas in the locker room hated her before the Mania fiasco with Trish, but because she's a darling to those in charge it matters more? I don't think so. Just because someone has backstage sway doesn't mean their opinions matter more. I'm looking at you, Randy Orton.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Oct 12th, '11, 01:12

I think people's main gripe with Morrison was that he still defended Melina while she got accused of sleeping around and just being a general bitch.

People saw him as being whipped and therefore have possibly lost respect for him. I know I did

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Oct 12th, '11, 01:21

Earth Child wrote:I think people's main gripe with Morrison was that he still defended Melina while she got accused of sleeping around and just being a general bitch.

People saw him as being whipped and therefore have possibly lost respect for him. I know I did
And that's a crappy reason to hold him back (if that's the reason; it seems so). This is a personal issue that shouldn't affect his business relationship with WWE, yet it seems as though it has.