cero2k
Site Admin

Re: RAW Slammy Awards Discussion 12/12

Post by cero2k » Dec 13th, '11, 10:58

Dead Man Walking wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Dead Man Walking wrote:What I don't get was why was he wearing a metal helment
so people won't know he was wearing a mask from the get go
I know Masked Kane is better then unmasked kane. But why would he wear a mask now since everyone knows what he looks like? doesn't make since to me.
the same reason Mysterio does. the same reason Muta does. the same reason Psycosis or Juvi do.

the mask is the character, Kane's mask is not to hide his face, but to portray a more sinister and deranged character.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 13th, '11, 11:05

cero2k wrote:the mask is the character, Kane's mask is not to hide his face, but to portray a more sinister and deranged character.
This!
Dead Man Walking wrote:Here is something to think about. Remember in WM19 Vince Vs hogan. I heard that they hated each other and was really trying to hurt one another in that match. Now it could be that Cole really hates JR or that Its Just all storyline. I'm thinking its all storyline. But sometimes I wounder if it is or not.
Don't care if it's legit or not, i don't want to see it.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 13th, '11, 11:28

Rabid619 wrote:
cero2k wrote:the mask is the character, Kane's mask is not to hide his face, but to portray a more sinister and deranged character.
This!
Dead Man Walking wrote:Here is something to think about. Remember in WM19 Vince Vs hogan. I heard that they hated each other and was really trying to hurt one another in that match. Now it could be that Cole really hates JR or that Its Just all storyline. I'm thinking its all storyline. But sometimes I wounder if it is or not.
Don't care if it's legit or not, i don't want to see it.
I came home and sat on the bed and crashed out for like 2 hours and 20 minutes and the cole jr segment was just getting up when i got up,HA :p
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '11, 16:12

cero2k wrote:
Kane's mask is not to hide his face, but to portray a more sinister and deranged character.
Not at all. If anything, Kane was much more deranged when he lost it. Masked Kane would never electrocute someone's testicles (or if he did, it would have been someone else ordering him to so). Masked Kane would never have done the stuff with Lita. Unmasked Kane is much more deranged.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 13th, '11, 16:42

Big Red Machine wrote:Not at all. If anything, Kane was much more deranged when he lost it. Masked Kane would never electrocute someone's testicles (or if he did, it would have been someone else ordering him to so). Masked Kane would never have done the stuff with Lita. Unmasked Kane is much more deranged.
Unmasked Kane played an air trumpet earlier this year with Santino Marella.

Masked Kane has NEVER done anything like that.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 13th, '11, 16:55

Rabid619 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Not at all. If anything, Kane was much more deranged when he lost it. Masked Kane would never electrocute someone's testicles (or if he did, it would have been someone else ordering him to so). Masked Kane would never have done the stuff with Lita. Unmasked Kane is much more deranged.
Unmasked Kane played an air trumpet earlier this year with Santino Marella.

Masked Kane has NEVER done anything like that.
Doesn't mean anything. Unmasked Kane has proven himself to be much more vicious.

Also, you are clearly forgetting the Kane-a-rooni.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Aggro

Post by Aggro » Dec 13th, '11, 17:46

Hopefully this incarnation of Kane is the perfect mix of all those previous. A chokeslam to both Santino and Booker T may help right those wrongs mentioned above.

But the new attire looks cheap and rushed, as if the kid from the "Kid goes nuts at Kane return" clip made it himself. I mean, we know when Kane removed the mask it had a wig attached to it but they could of gone the Bane(?) way with the new mask perhaps. Hmmm...dunno, maybe the wig does add to the psycho element.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 13th, '11, 17:55

Big Red Machine wrote:
Doesn't mean anything. Unmasked Kane has proven himself to be much more vicious.

Also, you are clearly forgetting the Kane-a-rooni.
Masked & Unmasked Kane lit people on fire. Kane a rooni is the not as bad as the air trumpet.

Besides, Kane was not looking like the Big Red Machine before he left. Put the mask back on gives him a bit of an edge back. Him chokeslamming Cena caught people off guard, he'll probably be a get the f*ck out of my way type again which i'm all for.

Helmet was a bit overdone though. We knew he was wearing a mask so the helmet was unneeded.

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Dec 14th, '11, 11:19

Yes, unmasked Kane was a lot more vicious, but the difference between the two to me is that unmaked Kane focused his anger more towards his target. He knows why he's angry, and he knows how he's going to exact that anger. Masked Kane goes in and hits whoever is in his way. He doesn't have a plan, he doesn't care who gets hurt, and he doesn't care what tries to hurt him. Nobody and nothing gets in the way of Masked Kane exacting his revenge.