Bob-O's Random Ramblings: Raw 1/9/12

Bob-O

Bob-O's Random Ramblings: Raw 1/9/12

Post by Bob-O » Jan 9th, '12, 22:51

--Opening Kane Promo--
I'm really liking this Embrace the Hate angle more and more each week. What I'm not liking? Kane's mask. This latest incarnation of Kane really aught to be maskless. Long story short, I know there's a lot of mask marks out there, but masks are typically utilized to promote mystery. We can't see their face, they've got something to hide. Hatefull Kane doesn't seem to have anything to hide. The whole character seems to be based around getting to know yourself, in a sick sadistic sort of way, but discovering yourself none the less. I think the mask detracts from this. I like to look my psychos in the eye, and Kane is SO GOOD at it.

Hell, Luchadors aside, he's talking WAY too much for a masked wrestler. The Patriot didn't even talk this much. The Patriot.

--Sheamus and Santino vs Barrett and Jinder Mahal--
Wow... I didn't catch where they are this week, but it is not a Sheamus town. Check a replay, that crowd didn't budge when his music hit. Santino got a better pop.

What's Jinder Mahal's deal? He's obviously just out there to protect Wade Barrett, but what's his deal? Is he supposed to be royalty or rich or something? Like Alberto Del Rio but from India is the vibe I'm getting. How crazy over would he be if they invested in his entrances like they do Del Rio's? What crowd wouldn't go crazy if Jinder Mahal rode a Tiger to the ring!? What crowd wouldn't go batsh*t insane if Jinder Mahal came out on the back of an Elephant!? I can hear the ref now, "Jinder, get that fu**ing tiger out of here!" Mahal just smiling and bowing, completely ignoring him or telling him to "make him". If he were to ever turn face, they could name it and treat it like Matilda or Al Snow's dog. It'd be a hard sell believing that the Usos kidnapped and ate an entire elephant, even if Tamina was still hanging out with them, but I wouldn't complain.

--Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston--
NOW THAT'S WHAT THE CHAMP SHOULD LOOK LIKE! DB just devoured Kofi Kingston and I freakin' love it. Look at it however you want, Big Show / Dragon rematch on Friday looks like a paved road leading to a full blown Daniel Bryan heel turn. No DQ, no countout, it's gonna be good.

--Brodus Clay vs Curt Hawkins--
:-o Holy crap! Raw's got some new dancers! I... uh.... =p~

Those ladies did not graduate from the Eve Torres school of dance. No. They're good. I'm wondering what WWE is going to do when this comes back as the highest rated segment of Raw. Put the title on Brodus? Put the title on the dancers? Whatever. Holy sh*t. I need a cigarette after that.

--CM Punk vs Jack Swagger--
I don't believe for a second that Ziggler's coming out of the Royal Rumble with the title, but the man's got World Champion written all over him. Did you see his reaction apon finding out he was facing John Cena tonight? Shrug of the shoulders and a muttered 'whatever'. He's gonna be huge, and he's so close, but not yet. He might not win at the Rumble, but it's gonna be a great match. That's what he does.

Interesting ending to the match, I'm sitting here not sure if it was a work or not. I can see how they could play the blown call angle, but Punk looked legitimatelly pissed and I'm pretty sure I heard the ref tell him they were out of time. Also doesn't explain why Ace stayed at ringside. Usually when authority stays out for the matches they get involved, or do something...

--Ricardo/Miz/R-Truth Segment--
Haha... Ricardo flew up there from Mexico because the Bellas wanted to tell him something. I believe that. He seems like the type. For the record, Ricardo got a bigger pop for singing La Cuceracha than Sheamus did.

So I partook in the time honored tradition of taking a piss when Eve Torres came out. What? Risk missing a commercial? I don't think so, I might actually decide to buy car insurance one of these days, I'll need to know the names of the companies. Anyway, I come back and Zack Ryder is trying to change a flat tire on a Kia Soul (thank you commercials!). I'm not sure how we got to this point, but let's say Zack gets that tire changed, speeds out of there and get's pulled over. What'd be more amusing than Zack's explination of why he was driving so fast would be Zack trying to convince the cop that Eve isn't a prostitute.

--John Cena vs Dolph Ziggler--
C'mon Dolph... when your opponent is distracted you go for the KNOCK OUT, not the sleeper. Although I did LOL as Ziggler's legs flailed about in the air every time Cena got distracted. He wasn't the least bit concerned that Zack Ryder was about to be consumed by a Demon, SOB took his US Championship.

So Kane takes out Ryder AND Cena. Where the hell was Eve while all this went down?
Hidden text.
Kia Soul School of Dance
[youtube][/youtube]
Thanks for reading. I'll see you in the threads!
Bob-O

Rabid619

Re: Bob-O's Random Ramblings: Raw 1/9/12

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 9th, '12, 23:10

What you missed when you did your time honor tradition was Eve thought she was going to face Beth Phoenix i think she said earlier and Kane's music hit instead. So Eve starts being hysterical, Ryder runs down grabs her hand and drags her through the backstage area to said Kia Soul. Eve's in the car and one of them points out the tire is flat. So Ryder goes to change it. Honestly the dad from The Christmas Story was faster then Ryder at changing that tire.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 10th, '12, 00:38

Bob-O wrote:
Hidden text.
Kia Soul School of Dance
[youtube][/youtube]
Fucking love this!

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 10th, '12, 01:29

Lynas wrote:f***ing love this!
You won't if you see it every bloody day at least 3 times a day.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 10th, '12, 06:07

Rabid619 wrote: Ryder runs down grabs her hand and drags her through the backstage area to said Kia Soul.
=)) just the way you worded that, I can't help picturing him doing it by the hair - like a caveman.
Rabid619 wrote: Honestly the dad from The Christmas Story was faster then Ryder at changing that tire.
Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this was taking way too long. Haha, like we're members of Jimmy Johnson's pit crew or something. I don't remember the last time I changed a tire, but it probably took me at least 15 minutes NOT greased up and in my underwear. In all fairness, though, half that time was spent looking for the jack and the doughnut which Kane had conveniently already gotten out for them. I assume it was Kane. That'd be a creepy thing for a Good Samaritan to do.
"Awe... would ya look at that... they've got a flat. I'll do them a solid, now how do you get this back hatch open..."
Kind of a creepy thing for Kane to do, too, now that I think about it. Creepy like a Poor Man's Saw...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 10th, '12, 06:11

Lynas wrote:
Bob-O wrote:
Hidden text.
Kia Soul School of Dance
[youtube][/youtube]
f***ing love this!
I liked that Ryder had the same one from the commercial. Couldn't help myself after that.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 07:33

Bob, sir; you gotta start doing thee for every show. You were dead on at each point.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '12, 14:51

Glad to see Bob-O's Random Ramblings back! Like Badnewz, I definitely want to see it on a more frequent basis. I agree with all of your points aside from you while thing about the Swagger vs. Punk match. If they go with Punk vs Jericho at Mania, I can see Ziggler winning to take the title off of Punk and to face the Royal Rumble winner *cough*Sheamus*cough*.

As for why Johnny Ace stayed at ringside; it is simple. As you said, the Authority Figure almost always gets involved. To the point where it becomes predictable. Having a time where he/she doesn't get involved adds that air of unpredictability to it the next time.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 15:06

I wonder what Ernest Miller has to say about this Brodus Clay gimmick :-?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 10th, '12, 15:22

badnewzxl wrote:I wonder what Ernest Miller has to say about this Brodus Clay gimmick :-?
The two girls with Brodus were better then Lamont? :p

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 15:38

Rabid619 wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:I wonder what Ernest Miller has to say about this Brodus Clay gimmick :-?
The two girls with Brodus were better then Lamont? :p
true; but Sonny Ono is second only to Ralphus, tho

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '12, 15:38

Not going to lie... when I heard that music, I thought they were bringing him back to job to Brodus.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 15:40

Big Red Machine wrote:
Not going to lie... when I heard that music, I thought they were bringing him back to job to Brodus.
that would have been great! I would have marked out to an insane extent!

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 10th, '12, 16:00

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
that would have been great! I would have marked out to an insane extent!
What would be better, is if they Bring back Ernest Miller to manage Brodus, that pairing and those chicks would be AWESOME.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '12, 16:02

Lynas wrote:
What would be better, is if they Bring back Ernest Miller to manage Brodus, that pairing and those chicks would be AWESOME.
hat would be WAY too confusing. How would we know whose momma the song was referring to?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 10th, '12, 16:07

Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:
hat would be WAY too confusing. How would we know whose momma the song was referring to?
Within the realms of possible, Brodus may have come from The Cat's loins............

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '12, 16:28

Lynas wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:
Within the realms of possible, Brodus may have come from The Cat's loins............
True.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 10th, '12, 16:29

Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:
I think it's obvious that it's Shelton Benjamin's "Mama" they're referring to....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '12, 16:33

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Lynas wrote:
I think it's obvious that it's Shelton Benjamin's "Mama" they're referring to....
The only way that would make sense would be if Shelton were the one singing the song.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 10th, '12, 16:53

If Brodus does some karate then we will know it's Cat's kid....