Cena & Orton; Same Brand or Seperate Brands?

Tell it to the world!!
womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Cena & Orton; Same Brand or Seperate Brands?

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Dec 21st, '10, 23:56

Hey guys,

Here's a Big Question for all of you:

Now, I've been talking about this w/some people

John Cena and Randy Orton have been in the WWE for 8 consecutive years and the 2 of them have been Good Friends ever since

They both made there debuts on SD!

Orton's very 1st match was against Hardcore Holly while Cena's very 1st match was against Kurt Angle

Orton would also have a shot @ The Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship against The Undertaker, but despite coming up short, Orton showed that he was ready for anything

But in late summer of 2002, Orton moved from SD! to RAW and his very 1st match was against ECW Alumni Steven Richards and in 2003, he would soon join up w/Triple H, Ric Flair and Batista as part of the group Evolution

@ Wrestlemania XIX, Cena and Orton did not appear that night due to injuries, but Cena would soon challenge Brock Lesnar for the WWE Heavyweight Championship, but Cena came up short

@ Summerslam 16, Orton would have a shot @ the World Heavyweight Championship in The Elimination Chamber Match against Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Chris Jericho and Goldberg, but Orton would fall victum to Goldberg's Spear

@ Armageddon 2003, Evolution would end up winning all of the Gold on RAW

Triple H as the World Heavyweight Champion for a 3rd time, Ric Flair and Batista as the WWE World Tag Team Champions for the very 1st time and Randy Orton would win his 1st WWE I-C Heavyweight Championship @ the age of 23

Orton would hold on to the WWE I-C Gold for 30 consecutive weeks while on the SD! side, John Cena would compete in his very 1st Wrestlemania against The Big Show @ Wrestlemania XX as Cena would win the WWE U.S. Heavyweight Championship for the very 1st time and on that same night, Orton along w/Ric Flair and Batista would def. The Reunited Rock 'N' Sock Connection in a 2 on 3 Handicap Match

Orton would have 2 successful I-C Title defenses on LIVE WWE PPV's against "Cactus Jack" Mick Foley @ Backlash and Shelton Benjamin @ Bad Blood, but the following month @ Vengeance, he would lose the I-C Gold to Edge while John Cena was stripped of the U.S. Strap by then SD! GM Kurt Angle

4 weeks later @ Summerslam 17, John Cena would def. Booker T. in the 1st of the Best of 5 Series to crown the Undisputed U.S. Heavyweight Champion and on that same night, Orton would def. Chris Benoit to not only win his 1st World Heavyweight Championship, but he would become the Youngest World Heavyweight Champion in the history of the WWE

However, the following night on RAW, Triple H and Evolution would turn their back on Orton after winning the World Heavyweight Championship

Orton would lose the World Title to The Game @ UNFORGIVEN 2004 thanks to Ric Flair and Batista

But the following month @ No Mercy in the 5th and Final Fall, Cena would regain the U.S. Heavyweight Title for a 2nd time against Booker T., but just days later on SD!, Cena would lose the belt to Carlito and it was Carlito's very 1st match on SD!

@ Survivor Series 18, Cena along w/Team Eddie would def. Team Angle and later that same night, Team Orton would def. Team Triple H when Orton eliminated both Edge and Triple H w/a Pair of RKO's

Days later on SD!, Cena regained the U.S. Strap against Carlito, but @ Armageddon 2004, Cena would show off his Spinner U.S. Heavyweight Title and he would also retain the belt against Jesus in a Street Fight

Cena would soon lose the U.S. Title to Orlando Jordan thanks to JBL the week after No Way Out

But @ Wrestlemania 21, Cena would win his 1st WWE Heavyweight Championship against JBL and on that same night, Orton would lose to The Undertaker allowing Taker to extend his Undefeated Record to 13-0

@ Judgment Day 2005, Cena would def. JBL in a Rematch known as The "I Quit" Match to retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship

But in June of 2005, John Cena and Randy Orton would Switch Brands

Cena would get drafted to RAW along w/the WWE Heavyweight Championship and on that same week, Chris Benoit would get drafted back to SD!, but the following week, Kurt Angle would get drafted to RAW and Orton would get drafted to SD! to finish his Feud w/The Undertaker

@ Summerslam 18, Cena would retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship against Chris Jericho for 2 nights in a row while Orton would def. The Undertaker thanks to "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Jr.

@ Survivor Series 19, John Cena would successfully retan the WWE Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle while Orton became the Sole Survivor @ Survivor Series when he won for Team SD!, but The Undertaker returned to get his revenge on The Ortons

@ Armageddon 2005, Orton would face Taker inside Hell in a Cell and after a hard fought win, Taker was just too much for Orton and his Dad to Handle

@ Wrestlemania 22, Randy Orton would get another shot @ the World Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in a Triple Threat Match and Mysterio won the match and the World Heavyweight Championship for the very 1st time while John Cena retained the WWE Heavyweight Championship against Triple H

However, just days later, Kurt Angle would def. Randy Orton in the 1st Qualifying Match to determine the 2006 King of the Ring, but then, Orton was later suspended for 60 days for his Unprofessional Conduct

But after serving his 60 Day Suspension, Randy Orton would return to RAW and he would finish off his Feud against Kurt Angle

He would also compete against Hulk Hogan @ Summerslam 19, but Hogan once again remained Undefeated @ Summerslam

Orton would also team up w/Edge and formed Rated-RKO against DX

Cena and Orton would end up on RAW and the 2 of them have feuded on RAW for the WWE World Tag Team Championship and the WWE Heavyweight Championship

Cena & HBK would def. Rated-RKO to win the WWE World Tag Team Championship

Cena and Orton would also compete @ Wrestlemania 23

Cena would def. HBK to retain the WWE Heavyweight Championship while Orton competed in Money in the Bank which was won by Mr. Kennedy

Here's a list of PPV's that Cena & Orton competed in for the WWE Heavyweight Championship:

John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Shawn Michaels - Backlash 2007
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley vs. Booker T. vs. Bobby Lashley - Night of Champions I
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - Summerslam 20
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - UNFORGIVEN 2007
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - No Way Out 2008
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H - Wrestlemania 24
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. JBL - Backlash 2008
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H - Night of Champions III
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - Summerslam 22
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - I Quit Match @ Breaking Point
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - Inside Hell in a Cell
John Cena vs. Randy Orton - 60 Minute Ironman Match @ Bragging Rights 2009
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Ted DiBiase, Jr. vs. Sheamus - The 2010 Elimination Chamber PPV
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Sheamus - The 2010 Fatal 4 Way PPV
John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge vs. Wade Barrett - Night of Champions IV

and also, John Cena and Randy Orton have competed @ Wrestlemania 25th Anniversary when Cena def. Edge & Big Show to win his 2nd World Heavyweight Championship while Randy Orton came up short of winning the WWE Heavyweight Championship against Triple H, but Orton would retain the title @ The Final Backlash PPV after 1 year of losing the belt while Cena would lose the World Heavyweight Championship not only back to Edge, but also, back to SD!

@ Wrestlemania 26, Cena would regain the WWE Heavyweight Championship for a 7th time against Batista and Cena would def. Batista 3 Times @ Wrestlemania, Extreme Rules in a Last Man Standing Match and Over the Limit in an "I Quit" Match

While Orton would def. Ted DiBiase, Jr. and Cody Rhodes in a Triple Threat Match @ Wrestlemania 26

The night after Wrestlemania 26, Cena and Orton would def. Batista and Jack Swagger in a Tag Team Match

and now, John Cena and Randy Orton have had a long and rocky road on RAW and the 2 of them are still Good Friends in Real Life

But, it seems that people feel that Randy Orton is not getting the credit that he's asking for, but someone felt that if Cena went to SD!, then Orton would get his props or if Orton goes to SD! and win the World Heavyweight Championship, then he would be a Big Draw to the SD! Brand

and so, I ask you all this:

Should John Cena and Randy Orton be on the Same Brand or should they on Separate Brands?

Should Cena & Orton be on RAW together or SD! together?

Should Cena be on SD! and Orton stay w/RAW or should Cena stay w/RAW and Orton move to SD!?

That's the Question!

Please Debate on this

Last edited by womenwrestlerfan on Mar 18th, '11, 07:42, edited 2 times in total.

Big Red Machine

Re: Cena & Orton; Same Brand or Seperate Brands?

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 22nd, '10, 00:38

It doesn't really matter. It all matters how they use them, and how they use all of the other time on the show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 22nd, '10, 07:02

I do not want to see Cena vs Orton ever again unless it involves a heel John Cena. One of them should definitely go to Smackdown, preferably Cena as Smackdown needs the most help.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 23rd, '10, 12:31

Bob-O wrote:I do not want to see Cena vs Orton ever again unless it involves a heel John Cena. One of them should definitely go to Smackdown, preferably Cena as Smackdown needs the most help.
THIS.

I think Cena should make the jump, if only to put an end to this stupid Nexus/John Cena or Wade Barrett/John Cena crap.

Besides, Cena is (arguably) the bigger superstar of the two, so putting him on the show that needs the most help would be beneficial for them. I for one would like to see Cena/del Rio or something of that nature, as long as Cena doesn't always come out smelling like roses.

Besides, if Cena is paired up with a younger talent like del Rio, if might force him to expand his moveset, and use more than the three moves we see every Monday night...

Well, one can hope, right?

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 23rd, '10, 13:21

Serujuunin wrote:
THIS.

I think Cena should make the jump, if only to put an end to this stupid Nexus/John Cena or Wade Barrett/John Cena crap.

Besides, Cena is (arguably) the bigger superstar of the two, so putting him on the show that needs the most help would be beneficial for them. I for one would like to see Cena/del Rio or something of that nature, as long as Cena doesn't always come out smelling like roses.

Besides, if Cena is paired up with a younger talent like del Rio, if might force him to expand his moveset, and use more than the three moves we see every Monday night...

Well, one can hope, right?
THIS!!!

Cena on SmackDown is better because i honestly dislike seeing him every monday and i think he'd be a better fit for SmackDown.

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » Dec 26th, '10, 00:20

Rabid619 wrote:THIS!!!

Cena on SmackDown is better because i honestly dislike seeing him every monday and i think he'd be a better fit for SmackDown.
Personally, I would rather have Randy Orton on SD! so that he can be respected and also, help the SD! Roster

Cena can draw on RAW, but on SD!, he probably would, but still, I would rather have Randy Orton on SD! and having him compete for the World Heavyweight Championship would be better

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » May 15th, '11, 12:37

Well guys, you finally got your wish:

Cena & Orton are now on Separate Brands

Cena is on RAW as the 8x WWE Heavyweight Champion and Randy Orton is on SD! and he is now the 2x World Heavyweight Champion

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 15th, '11, 15:28

the question is not whether cena and orton should be together or not, but can Orton be the face of a show by himself like Cena has for the last years in raw?

womenwrestlerfan
Future Endeavored

Post by womenwrestlerfan » May 15th, '11, 16:14

cero2k wrote:the question is not whether cena and orton should be together or not, but can Orton be the face of a show by himself like Cena has for the last years in raw?
That's the Question! and a good one

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » May 15th, '11, 21:18

cero2k wrote:the question is not whether cena and orton should be together or not, but can Orton be the face of a show by himself like Cena has for the last years in raw?
Personally I think Orton is well on his way to being the face of Smackdown, and with Christian (hopefully) hot on his heels for the World Title at Over The Limit, he looks to be in line to provide us with some great matches (I don't mean this to say that Orton is the only one capable of such a feat, as we know that Christian is too. *cough* hint hint *cough*)

However, I don't think that Orton needs to have the Title to be the face of the brand, just like Cena doesn't need to have it on RAW to be the face of the brand. If he has a few good back and forth matches with Christian, and from there some good matches with some younger talent that has a future in the main event, I think he'll be right where he needs to be.