Next ROH World Title Challenger Announced

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
yourcrapsweak

Re: Next ROH World Title Challenger Announced

Post by yourcrapsweak » Oct 31st, '12, 10:05

cero2k wrote:it does make the title seem a bit more important, but it also makes it seem like the ROH roster is not at the level of Steen because they had to go to that extent.
That doesn't matter because they're not at Steen's level. He hasn't been beaten yet and he's the world champion, of course they're not.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 31st, '12, 10:45

yourcrapsweak wrote:
cero2k wrote:it does make the title seem a bit more important, but it also makes it seem like the ROH roster is not at the level of Steen because they had to go to that extent.
That doesn't matter because they're not at Steen's level. He hasn't been beaten yet and he's the world champion, of course they're not.
but that's basic storytelling. you lose at first, you train and focus more, then you win and prove the evil person wrong. If they take the title just like that, there will ever be the question, was there anyone that could have taken the title off him, or was he the ultimate wrestler

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Oct 31st, '12, 15:30

cero2k wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
but that's basic storytelling. you lose at first, you train and focus more, then you win and prove the evil person wrong. If they take the title just like that, there will ever be the question, was there anyone that could have taken the title off him, or was he the ultimate wrestler
There are a million stories you could tell, if they took the belt from him it would be substituting one story for another, is all.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen