BRM Reviews FIP Violence is the Answer (bad)

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews FIP Violence is the Answer (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 4th, '13, 22:24

FIP Violence is the Answer (4/23/2005)- Arcadia, FL

RODERICK STRONG vs. SPANKY- 5.75/10

DP ASSOCIATES SEGMENT- Prazak brings out the newly crowned, first ever FIP Tag Team Champions, Jimmy Rave and Fast Eddie… and no one cared. He then said his heels were better than all of the other teams… and no one cared. Then he insulted the town, and a few people cared. Then he brought out his giant monster, Ryze

ANTONIO BANKS vs. RYZE (w/Dave Prazak)- 2/10
Ryze is South Korean, so in his pre-match promo, Banks refers to him as “Yao Ming” and “Chopstick Charlie.” That seems to be dangerously close to racism for a babyface.
Anyway, Prazak’s big scary monster gets beaten clean in five minutes.

CM PUNK PROMO- he claims that the FIP Heavyweight Title belt that he is carrying around (which he stole from Homicide) means that he is the best wrestler in the world. He then gives the standard New Dawn speech about being the leader and defender of the outcasts and nerds who got picked on in high school. Then Lenny Leonard tries to tell Punk that Homicide is the rightful champion. Punk goes to beat Lenny up, but Homicide made the save. Punk ran away and Cide cut a nice quick promo saying that tonight he was going to get the belt back and take the garbage out. The crowd actually seems to care about this angle, which is a good thing, because this is the main event.

FOUR WAY FRAY: Kahagas vs. Rainman vs. Jared Steel vs. Sal Rinauro- 4/10
Not long after the two minute mark, two of the four men in the match had already been eliminated. The math was over within seven minutes

DUNN vs. FAST EDDIE (w/Dave Prazak)-5.5/10

Fast Eddie vs. one half of the official jobber tag team of ROH gets twice as much time as the four way elimination match and three times as much time as an up-and-coming major babyface against the big heel monster.
Jimmy Rave and Fast Eddie beat Dunn down after the match. Marcos comes out to make the save, but he gets beat down, too. Then Jerrelle Clark came out and cleaned house on the heels, leading to…

JERRELLE CLARK vs. JIMMY RAVE (w/Dave Prazak)- 4.5/10
Jerrelle not only gets the win, but he got to punch Prazak in the process.

MARCOS & THE CARNAGE CREW vs. THE HEARTBREAK EXPRESS & DON JUAN- 5.25/10
We got a dull pre-match segment to set this match up. I did enjoy Devito’s defense of a couch-potato lifestyle, though.
So match started and it was as formulaic as can be. Shine the babyfaces, heels get the heat on the small guy, babyfaces come back and win. Nothing wrong with it. It just wasn’t very exciting, either.

JAMES GIBSON vs. STEVE MADISON- 6.25/10
Gibson jumps Madison from behind while he is cutting a heel promo, as revenge for Madison attacking him after their tag team match last night.
Madison wins via punch with a steel chain.

ANYTHING GOES MATCH FOR THE FIP HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Homicide(c) vs. CM Punk (w/Mr. Milo Beasley)- 7.75/10
I don’t know if they were running out of the time on the DVD (not likely, unless the DVD only had two hours of space on it) or if there was some horrible accident or something, but the DVD cut right from the end of the last match to Punk and Homicide circling each other in the ring… so the only match that we didn’t get entrances for was the big Anything Goes grudge match for the FIP Heavyweight Title. They also cut away to the ending graphic the second this match ended.
They had a great No Disqualifcations match. Homicide randomly Hulked up in the middle of the match. The finish was the perfect finish for this feud, too. Milo Beasley’s stuff was entertaining as always.

Overall, a bad show from FIP, it was extremely short (total show time was just one hour and forty-seven minutes), with only the main event being worth seeing. I do have to give them major props for thinking up possibly my all-time favorite name for a wrestling show, though.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews FIP Violence is the Answer (bad)

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 6th, '13, 12:59

I own this show for some odd reason. The first and the last matches are the only thing watchable.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 6th, '13, 13:19

yourcrapsweak wrote:I own this show for some odd reason. The first and the last matches are the only thing watchable.
I don't know why I had this vision of FIP as something great, but I have been disappointed by them pretty frequently. Still, it's a place to watch James Gibson indy matches, so I won't turn it down.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 6th, '13, 17:58

i too for some reason have a bunch of FIP dvds, but i have to say, i really used to enjoy Prazak as a manager

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '13, 17:34

Prazak I enjoy. The product as a whole is very disappointing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 7th, '13, 18:11

now that we're talking FIP, have you guys seen any of the new shows? Trent Barretta is the current champ.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 7th, '13, 19:22

cero2k wrote:now that we're talking FIP, have you guys seen any of the new shows? Trent Barretta is the current champ.
Nope. I have barely heard anything about them since 2011. I wasn't sure if they were out of business or not until a few weeks ago when I heard that Barreta and the Bravados were now the champs.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation