Report: WWE Officials Not Happy with HBK and Alundra Blayze

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Report: WWE Officials Not Happy with HBK and Alundra Blayze

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 1st, '15, 17:50

Source:

According to PWInsider.com, WWE officials asked several stars to cut their speeches short on Saturday night at the 2015 Hall of Fame ceremony, including Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair. As noted, WWE wanted to limit most speeches to 12 minutes.

Overall, WWE officials were not pleased with this year’s ceremony as they felt the show ran way too long and wasn’t exciting enough. Officials were said to have loved The Bushwhackers speech, with the feeling it was a perfect mix of their characters and telling old stories. However, they were not happy with Madusa’s use of adult language and some weren’t happy with how she put over Eric Bischoff.

Regarding Shawn Michaels, he tore up his prepared speech and was going off the cuff when he inducted Nash. WWE officials weren’t happy with Shawn’s use of the words “strap” and “wrestler” in his speech.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kirbs2002

Re: Report: WWE Officials Not Happy with HBK and Alundra Bla

Post by kirbs2002 » Apr 2nd, '15, 04:01

Big Red Machine wrote:WWE officials weren’t happy with Shawn’s use of the words “strap” and “wrestler” in his speech.
Cue IWC outrage.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 2nd, '15, 07:22

kirbs2002 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:WWE officials weren’t happy with Shawn’s use of the words “strap” and “wrestler” in his speech.
Cue IWC outrage.
no rage in me, just really annoyed

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 2nd, '15, 07:28

cero2k wrote:
kirbs2002 wrote:
Cue IWC outrage.
Yeah. It's one of those things that you just kind of shake your head at and wonder why is so obsessed with semantics.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Apr 2nd, '15, 14:44

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
kirbs2002 wrote: Cue IWC outrage.
Yeah. It's one of those things that you just kind of shake your head at and wonder why is so obsessed with semantics.
At this point I've realized it isn't worth it. I've resigned to knowing that as long as Vincent Kennedy McMahon is alive, the WWE will insist they are "sports-entertainment" and not "wrestling", even though the latter rolls off the tongue better.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"