2016 Conquest Tour Hype

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: 2016 Conquest Tour Hype

Post by cero2k » Mar 14th, '16, 07:50

Big Red Machine wrote:
Dave Meltzer wrote:Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian debuted a move called "The Best Meltzer Driver Ever" last night, which was a combination tombstone piledriver by Kazarian and Daniels spiking by doing his Best Moonsault Ever spot, in a match against The Young Bucks and the Motor City Machine Guns.
i saw the video, it looked awesome, but kinda scary

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 14th, '16, 16:00

Supercard of Honor X, Night 2

Tag Titles No 1 contendership match

Bucks vs Briscos vs MCMG vs Addiction

daaaaaaangg

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 15th, '16, 23:52

Moose vs. Roddy for SCOH night 1
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '16, 08:50

This just occurred to me:
Between Philly and the two SCOH shows, the Bucks MCMG will be facing each other on three straight shows. For Addiction and MCMG, it will be two out of three. This feels very "just throw some teams together" New Japan Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Division-style booking. I don't like it. Hopefully it will all have some greater purpose in the end (like MCMG beat the Bucks on SCOH night one, but then the Bucks win the #1 contendership match on night 2 by pinning someone else).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 16th, '16, 10:00

i agree, i feel like the should have run some 'dream matches' now that the machine guns are back together before giving them a no 1 contedership match.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '16, 10:35

cero2k wrote:i agree, i feel like the should have run some 'dream matches' now that the machine guns are back together before giving them a no 1 contedership match.
And that's all compounded by the fact that this #1 contendership match is against three potential dream match teams, and the only one of which they will have had the dream match with (during this run, obviously) is the Bucks, who they will be facing the night before.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 16th, '16, 15:49

Kyle vs. Sydal booked for SCOH night 1

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '16, 12:11

so Lio Rush is getting a world title shot at SCOH

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '16, 12:22

cero2k wrote:so Lio Rush is getting a world title shot at SCOH
Um... what the f*ck?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '16, 14:56

Big Red Machine wrote:
Um... what the f*ck?
it's the top prospect title shot that should have gone against Ishii. I haven't read the actual explanation, just saw the picture

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '16, 15:00

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Um... what the f*ck?
it's the top prospect title shot that should have gone against Ishii. I haven't read the actual explanation, just saw the picture
That's too big a prize for the Top Prospect Tournament, IMO. Maybe I'd b more okay with it if it weren't for such a big show. Also, it's yet another reason why putting the title on Ishii was a terrible idea.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '16, 15:06

Big Red Machine wrote: That's too big a prize for the Top Prospect Tournament, IMO. Maybe I'd b more okay with it if it weren't for such a big show. Also, it's yet another reason why putting the title on Ishii was a terrible idea.
I just don't understand why they can't simply wait for the title to return to ROH, War of the Worlds is not that far along

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '16, 15:14

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: That's too big a prize for the Top Prospect Tournament, IMO. Maybe I'd b more okay with it if it weren't for such a big show. Also, it's yet another reason why putting the title on Ishii was a terrible idea.
I just don't understand why they can't simply wait for the title to return to ROH, War of the Worlds is not that far along
Because I don't think they want to do an Ishii vs. Rush match at all.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 17th, '16, 17:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
and they shouldn't, but Ishii is surely to drop it at WOTW, just do Lio's match after that

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '16, 18:11

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: I just don't understand why they can't simply wait for the title to return to ROH, War of the Worlds is not that far along
and they shouldn't, but Ishii is surely to drop it at WOTW, just do Lio's match after that
Ishii dropping it at WOTW is exactly why I didn't want him winning it: because he wont be doing sh*t with it. How does Ishii maybe defending the title in Japan benefit ROH? It will be just like the Bucks ROH World Tag Team Title reign: pointless, with what is essentially zero defenses and interrupting an otherwise good title reign.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bulletclubfan2014

Post by Bulletclubfan2014 » Mar 17th, '16, 20:18

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Ishii dropping it at WOTW is exactly why I didn't want him winning it: because he wont be doing sh*t with it. How does Ishii maybe defending the title in Japan benefit ROH? It will be just like the Bucks ROH World Tag Team Title reign: pointless, with what is essentially zero defenses and interrupting an otherwise good title reign.
Ishii is actually a big name in Japan and having him defend the belt in Japan on NJPW shows helps ROH gain recognition internationally which can help them expand even more than they already have which will also help them make more money (same reason Lethal's been defending the ROH World Title in Europe alot lately). Does it make a lot of sense storyline wise? No. But it makes a damn good amount of sense when you take into account it's a smart business decision when ur trying to get known outside of North America
You thought you had all the answers I changed the question -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 17th, '16, 20:50

Bulletclubfan2014 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: Ishii dropping it at WOTW is exactly why I didn't want him winning it: because he wont be doing sh*t with it. How does Ishii maybe defending the title in Japan benefit ROH? It will be just like the Bucks ROH World Tag Team Title reign: pointless, with what is essentially zero defenses and interrupting an otherwise good title reign.
Ishii is actually a big name in Japan and having him defend the belt in Japan on NJPW shows helps ROH gain recognition internationally which can help them expand even more than they already have which will also help them make more money (same reason Lethal's been defending the ROH World Title in Europe alot lately). Does it make a lot of sense storyline wise? No. But it makes a damn good amount of sense when you take into account it's a smart business decision when ur trying to get known outside of North America
What does that get them, though? They lost their TV deal in France, their PPVs aren't available outside of North Amercia, and they don't run shows anywhere outside of North America. They were just over in Japan doing a joint show with New Japan that sold out. I don't think they need any more recognition in Japan, and I don't think that Ishii defending the belt against a bunch of people who aren't on the ROH roster will help get them more exposure in Japan (certainly not enough to be significant). What would help get people in Japan more excited for ROH would be having Roderick Strong going over to Japan to defend the belt.
In Europe I kind of understand it because they don't have a working relationship with anyone (well... kind of with PCW), but in Japan they shouldn't need to.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '16, 07:25

Briscoes & War Machine vs. ANX, Silas & Bruiser added to SCOH Night 1. I don't buy Silas having any respect for ANX. Rhett for his likely use of hair-care products and Kenny for being a stripper. Both of these are things that SIlas Young would surely look down on.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '16, 10:02

ANX vs. ACH & Sydal for SCOH night 2

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 24th, '16, 22:20

Six Man Mayhem for SCOH Night 1: Page vs. Whitmer vs. Cheeseburger vs. Kaz vs. Dijak vs. Castle

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation