BRM's thoughts on the 1/31/2011 Raw

Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 1/31/2011 Raw

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 1st, '11, 23:49

Why the hell are the Smackdown guys here?
Lawler says that the mariachi band “could use more cowbell”- AWESOME!
ALBERTO DEL RIO-MIZ SEGMENT- GREAT SEGMENT. Everyone involved was great!

WWE WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Santio & Kozlov(c)(w/Tamina) vs. Harris & McGillicutty- 3.75/10! ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME? HARRIS & MCGILLICUTTY GET BEATEN BY THE F*CKING COBRA? WWE needs to start using the Cobra the same way that Kenny Omega uses the Haduken. It is something that you do AFTER you hit a finisher to get an extra pop from the crowd. It shouldn’t be putting people down for the count by itself.

ORTON-NEXUS POST-MATCH STUFF… eh.

LAWLER-DIBIASE-COLE SEGMENT- PERFECT!

TYSON KIDD vs. DAINEL BRYAN (w/Gail Kim)- 1/10. MINUTE LONG MATCH? BOO! The Bellas were good on commentary, though.
The post-match stuff wasn’t bad, but we have seen it three times now in the last week. And I know it won’t happen, but I would mark out like hell if Dragon and Gail but the Bellas in stereo Cattle Mutilations.

EDGE vs. THE MIZ (w/Alex Riley)- 6/10.

VICKIE HYPES SMACKDOWN- Good.

NATALYA & EVE TORRES vs. LAY-COOL- 1/10 WAY too short, but Nattie’s deadlift of Layla was cool, and I found Layla’s antics to be funny (although I’m sure I am in the minority on that one).

THE USOS vs. MARK & HENRY & THE GREAT KHALI (one of these teams is likely going to die… and I’d bet it’s going to be the one that weights less than 500 pounds)- Wow. That was an inexcusable waste of time.

Sucks to be Josh Matthews. He did the math to combine Khali and Henry’s weights… but so did the official statistician, who gave his answer to Justin Roberts. Somebody wasted five minutes of their day that could have been spent drinking Dr. Pepper.

RAW RUMBLE- 7/10 Great storytelling!
I bet that is the last time… well… last three times… that R-Truth tries skinning the cat on TV!
Morrison’s spots were freakin’ cool!
I actually like Lawler winning this. A lot. It is very feel-good.

Stupid announcer quotes:
1. Cole- “Randy Orton slithered his way away from the New Nexus”- No he didn’t. He RAN, LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING! You are taking these dumb snake comparisons/metaphors WAY TOO FAR! It is just plain annoying.

2. Cole blaming Edge for interrupting Del Rio’s party but not the Miz goes beyond “ultra-mark” and reaches the point of “delusional.” Lawler didn’t say anything about this, either! WTF?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Re: BRM's thoughts on the 1/31/2011 Raw

Post by Verdun » Feb 2nd, '11, 00:56

With Jerry Lawler as number 1 contender and the others being in the elimination chamber, how do you think this will all pan out? How would you have wanted it to pan out?
Lady Luck is smiling...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 2nd, '11, 01:17

Verdun wrote:With Jerry Lawler as number 1 contender and the others being in the elimination chamber, how do you think this will all pan out? How would you have wanted it to pan out?
I actually have no idea what will happen, although my best guess would be as follows:
Cena wins the Elimination Chamber match, while Miz bets Lawler due to interference by Cole, setting up Cena vs. Miz (which Cena will win) and some form of Lawler kicking Cole's ass (likely ending in a Piledriver)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 3rd, '11, 08:56

Big Red Machine wrote: Somebody wasted five minutes of their day that could have been spent drinking Dr. Pepper.
:ymapplause:

Pretty fair assessment of the show. I found myself fast-forwarding segments at a rate that had me reminding myself that this was Raw and not Impact. The big let down is that this was coming off of the best PPV I've seen from them in a long long time. But, historically speaking, that's usually how it goes...

While the details of "deals" are still kind of sketchy, where were Booker T and Kevin Nash!? I've read what they're doing with Booker T (can't wait), but I was really hoping to see at least one of them pop in on Monday. Instead we got the returning Great Khali, who picked up where he left off. =)) Haha look! The big guy's dancing! It's funny 'cause he's so big! :-Q

If they're going to green light Miz vs Cena at Wrestlemania, and they move forward with it with more of what we saw on Monday, it's going to be a long 2 months...

Miz: I'm the WWE Heavyweight Champion!
Cena: You and Riley make out all the time while Cole tapes it.
Miz: John Cena, I AM THE WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!
Cena: Doodoo cacka poopie cooties
Miz: I'm the Miz and I'm AWESOME!
Cena: GET IN THIS RING RIGHT NOW AND PUT THE TITLE ON THE LINE! I'M ANGRY! LET'S FIGHT!
Miz: ...I am the WWE Heavyweight Champion...

They've got to better than that.
Big Red Machine wrote:Why the hell are the Smackdown guys here?
'Cause it's working. My personal opinion is that instead of unifying the titles/brands they're going to meet in the middle. Two separate rosters with invisible boundaries. Since the Del Rio/Edge segment was one of the better one's Raw presented this week, at this point I'm all for it.
Big Red Machine wrote:I found Layla’s antics to be funny (although I’m sure I am in the minority on that one)
Not at all! Layla is very entertaining!

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Feb 3rd, '11, 09:07

Verdun wrote:With Jerry Lawler as number 1 contender and the others being in the elimination chamber, how do you think this will all pan out? How would you have wanted it to pan out?
Would mark out HUGE if Lawler wins the title... but Cole will somehow cost him the match which will lead somehow to a Lawler-Cole match at Mania...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 3rd, '11, 15:10

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Why the hell are the Smackdown guys here?
'Cause it's working. My personal opinion is that instead of unifying the titles/brands they're going to meet in the middle. Two separate rosters with invisible boundaries. Since the Del Rio/Edge segment was one of the better one's Raw presented this week, at this point I'm all for it.
IMO, this means that it's NOT working. Edge and Del Rio are taking up time on Raw that could be used by guys like Regal, Primo, the Usos, or DH Smith... or could be given to matches involving guys like Dragon, Dibiase, Kidd, non-Punk members of Nexus, or the Divas.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 3rd, '11, 18:50

I rekon Morrison should win the Elimination Chamber match because Miz v Morrsion at Wrestlemania would have such a better storyline than Miz/Cena. They can finally prove which one is the Janetty and which one is the Michaels.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 3rd, '11, 19:24

Earth Child wrote:I rekon Morrison should win the Elimination Chamber match because Miz v Morrsion at Wrestlemania would have such a better storyline than Miz/Cena. They can finally prove which one is the Janetty and which one is the Michaels.
EC... I love you.

I agree with ALL of this IMMENSELY.

BTW, Morrison is SO NOT the Janetty.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 4th, '11, 01:22

Serujuunin wrote:
Earth Child wrote:I rekon Morrison should win the Elimination Chamber match because Miz v Morrsion at Wrestlemania would have such a better storyline than Miz/Cena. They can finally prove which one is the Janetty and which one is the Michaels.
EC... I love you.

I agree with ALL of this IMMENSELY.

BTW, Morrison is SO NOT the Janetty.
If they are having a match at WRESTLEMANIA FOR THE WWE TITLE, then clearly NEITHER IF THEM is the Jannettey.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Feb 5th, '11, 17:13

You can't be the Janetty till you go off to the isle of lost tag team partners.
Lady Luck is smiling...