Did you know The Fabulous Moolah...

Forum rules
All Topics in this subsection must start with the prefix "did you know" followed by the name of the topic.

e.g.
Did You Know...The Rock
kirbs2002

Did you know The Fabulous Moolah...

Post by kirbs2002 » Mar 6th, '11, 18:38

... Was a five time NWA Women's Champion with a total combined reign of 11,091 days? (30 YEARS and 141 days)

Her initial reign lasted 3,651 days, which is over two years longer than Bruno Sammartino's (2,803). Yet, we credit HIM as having the longest championship reign in professional wrestling.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

Chris Everlast

Re: Did you know The Fabulous Moolah...

Post by Chris Everlast » Mar 6th, '11, 22:42

I think when we talk about Bruno Sammartino having the longest reign, we think more of world championships.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 7th, '11, 18:35

And Fabulous Moolah didn't hold a World title? I'd argue she did... but when we are talking about longe World title reigns, we are generally discussing the male version... I mean, think about college basketball... which coach actually has the most all time wins? Its not Bobby Knight...lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 7th, '11, 23:00

ECWFlairfan wrote:And Fabulous Moolah didn't hold a World title? I'd argue she did... but when we are talking about longe World title reigns, we are generally discussing the male version... I mean, think about college basketball... which coach actually has the most all time wins? Its not Bobby Knight...lol
But who had more competition? And more title defenses?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 11th, '11, 20:13

Big Red Machine wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:And Fabulous Moolah didn't hold a World title? I'd argue she did... but when we are talking about longe World title reigns, we are generally discussing the male version... I mean, think about college basketball... which coach actually has the most all time wins? Its not Bobby Knight...lol
Last I checked, even in kayfabe all titles had to be defended once every 30 days... & Moolah did face & defeat the best women's wrestlers out there... I'd argue that Bruno only faced the best that the WWWF had to offer, not the best in wrestlng at that time, ala Lou Thesz...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 11th, '11, 22:58

ECWFlairfan wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Last I checked, even in kayfabe all titles had to be defended once every 30 days... & Moolah did face & defeat the best women's wrestlers out there... I'd argue that Bruno only faced the best that the WWWF had to offer, not the best in wrestlng at that time, ala Lou Thesz...
Do we know how old the 30 day rule is? It seems like something that would have been invented in the late 70's or early 80's.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 11th, '11, 23:00

Moolah wasn't universally recognized as the champion, though. I think Vince Sr. was one of the only one's to recognize her as champ.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation