Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Post Reply
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19861
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by cero2k » Feb 10th, '20, 12:19

Source: f4wonline.com

Simone Johnson is officially beginning a career in professional wrestling.

WWE announced today that Johnson, the 18-year-old daughter of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Dany Garcia, has begun training at the company's Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. WWE wrote that Johnson is on the path to becoming the first fourth-generation wrestler in their history, joining The Rock, her grandfather Rocky Johnson, and her great-grandfather Peter Maivia.

“It means the world to me,” Johnson told WWE.com. “To know that my family has such a personal connection to wrestling is really special to me and I feel grateful to have the opportunity, not only to wrestle, but to carry on that legacy.”

“Simone Johnson’s unbridled passion and incredible drive has earned her a coveted spot training with the elite athletes from around the world at the WWE Performance Center,” Paul “Triple H” Levesque said. “Not only does Simone now have an opportunity to cultivate and display her passion for WWE within the Performance Center, but she’ll carry on the tradition of her incredible family lineage while creating her own impact as WWE’s first fourth generation Superstar.”

In an interview with Good Morning America in 2018, The Rock spoke about Simone wanting to become a wrestler. "I said, 'Honey, whatever your passion is I support that,'" he said. "And wrestling was good to me. I started my career in Madison Square Garden, so bring it on. She's going to be a champ."

Johnson had already done some training at the Performance Center prior to officially joining WWE.

“Simone knows she has a lot to learn,” NXT head coach Matt Bloom said. “She’s hungry to learn and picks the coaches’ minds, and the veteran Superstars’, as well. She’s not going to rest on her laurels. It’s been a short time, but she’s been crushing it.”

“Simone is a wonderful girl,” NXT assistant head coach Sara Amato said. “She’s like a sponge, it’s pretty amazing. She knows what it takes to succeed and all the hard work and sacrifice that goes into it. I wouldn’t have expected anything less.”

Cathy Kelley will interview Simone Johnson at 3 p.m. Eastern time this Wednesday. It will stream on WWE's digital platforms.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5910
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 10th, '20, 12:54

Nope that's too young to go on the road lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1287
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 10th, '20, 14:35

If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
WWE Royal Rumble 2002
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NJPW Ultimate Crush 2003-4

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by XIV » Feb 10th, '20, 14:48

NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
Serujuunin
Posts: 2465
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 19:56

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 10th, '20, 16:19

XIV wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:48
NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
I would be a fantastic chef if that were the case. I'm rarely allowed to touch the food because I'm so awful at cooking. :P

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by Bob-O » Feb 10th, '20, 21:06

KILLdozer wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 12:54
Nope that's too young to go on the road lol.
This is probably the average age of kids I employ, I have about 15 years experience of dealing with 18 year olds. Some 18 year olds should not be allowed to go down to the corner store without an adult, other's have their shit together better than I do today. That age, more so than any other, is a case by case thing.

In reality, she's the Golden Goose's daughter who's going to be sitting in Orlando until she's 21 before she even gets a whiff of "the road". It's no different than heading off to college... except at this college, every single employee will be tasked at making sure not so much as a hair gets out of place on her head - before, during, and after class. It's not like she saved her allowance since she was 13 to pay for six months of Necrobutcher's Acadamy of Choosing Death Without Dying, traveling the country for independant dates, polishing knobs to afford hotel rooms...

Hell, she's 18... that's old enough to get shipped off to die for the oil companies... she'll be just fine at The PC.
XIV wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:48
NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
Cody Hall has no clue what you're talking about.
Image

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1287
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by NWK2000 » Feb 10th, '20, 23:55

XIV wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:48
NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
I know that, it was more a comment on how effortlessly talented Rock was, and if she can channel even half of that she's destined for stardom. If she can't, then well, it is what it is.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
WWE Royal Rumble 2002
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NJPW Ultimate Crush 2003-4

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5910
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '20, 00:45

NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 23:55
XIV wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:48
NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
I know that, it was more a comment on how effortlessly talented Rock was, and if she can channel even half of that she's destined for stardom. If she can't, then well, it is what it is.
I KNOW you're talking about just promo talent and charisma alone right? Because he was NEVER in any top in-ring talent as far as excellent wrestling goes.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5910
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '20, 00:46

Bob-O wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 21:06
KILLdozer wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 12:54
Nope that's too young to go on the road lol.
This is probably the average age of kids I employ, I have about 15 years experience of dealing with 18 year olds. Some 18 year olds should not be allowed to go down to the corner store without an adult, other's have their shit together better than I do today. That age, more so than any other, is a case by case thing.

In reality, she's the Golden Goose's daughter who's going to be sitting in Orlando until she's 21 before she even gets a whiff of "the road". It's no different than heading off to college... except at this college, every single employee will be tasked at making sure not so much as a hair gets out of place on her head - before, during, and after class. It's not like she saved her allowance since she was 13 to pay for six months of Necrobutcher's Acadamy of Choosing Death Without Dying, traveling the country for independant dates, polishing knobs to afford hotel rooms...

Hell, she's 18... that's old enough to get shipped off to die for the oil companies... she'll be just fine at The PC.
XIV wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:48
NWK2000 wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 14:35
If she's half as gifted as her old man was when she's 23 (which I believe is how old Rock was when he debuted) fwe have one of top performers in the world on our hands, mark my words.
Talent is not always guaranteed just because a parent is good at something.
Cody Hall has no clue what you're talking about.
Great story, but I was really just talking about how years ago, thsu wouldn't use Paige on the road because she was under 21 or something like that when she just started here lmao.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3569
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by Bob-O » Feb 11th, '20, 09:08

KILLdozer wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 00:46
Great story, but I was really just talking about how years ago, thsu wouldn't use Paige on the road because she was under 21 or something like that when she just started here lmao.
Oh yeah! I forgot all about that!

Like I said, though, she probably won't be ready for the road for a while anyway. She should be in good hands while she learns the craft, it's not like Paige did anything she might regret during her time there...
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19861
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by cero2k » Feb 11th, '20, 09:22

Bob-O wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 21:06

Cody Hall has no clue what you're talking about.
Cody is ok, it's not like it's Sim or Tamina Snuka.
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5910
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '20, 11:39

cero2k wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 09:22
Bob-O wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 21:06

Cody Hall has no clue what you're talking about.
Cody is ok, it's not like it's Sim or Tamina Snuka.
This makes me think of the recent David Benoit interview I just watched last night...kind of a peculiar guy, but it honestly makes sense for him to seem kinda strange given what happened years ago. Plus, his father was never known for being the most charismatic in the world either lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19861
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by cero2k » Feb 11th, '20, 13:50

KILLdozer wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 11:39
cero2k wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 09:22
Bob-O wrote:
Feb 10th, '20, 21:06

Cody Hall has no clue what you're talking about.
Cody is ok, it's not like it's Sim or Tamina Snuka.
This makes me think of the recent David Benoit interview I just watched last night...kind of a peculiar guy, but it honestly makes sense for him to seem kinda strange given what happened years ago. Plus, his father was never known for being the most charismatic in the world either lol.
the Chris Van something something one? saw it too, David does seem to have an interesting way of talking, I totally thought he could had been high
Image

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5910
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: Simone Johnson, daughter of The Rock, joins WWE Performance Center

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 11th, '20, 16:25

cero2k wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 13:50
KILLdozer wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 11:39
cero2k wrote:
Feb 11th, '20, 09:22


Cody is ok, it's not like it's Sim or Tamina Snuka.
This makes me think of the recent David Benoit interview I just watched last night...kind of a peculiar guy, but it honestly makes sense for him to seem kinda strange given what happened years ago. Plus, his father was never known for being the most charismatic in the world either lol.
the Chris Van something something one? saw it too, David does seem to have an interesting way of talking, I totally thought he could had been high
Absolutely that one lol

The way every other answer aaa literally "yeah yeah yeah!" Yeah, yeah!."
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests