Should Orlando Jordan's Gimmick in TNA be stopped?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.

Should Orlando Jordan continue with his bi-sexual gimmick in TNA?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 8

Rabid619

Should Orlando Jordan's Gimmick in TNA be stopped?

Post by Rabid619 » Apr 16th, '11, 18:11

I remember we had a topic about this on OWW but it got lost in the data loss, we had a pretty good debate if i remember.

So Orlando Jordan's gimmick which is supposed to be a bi-sexual is a bit extreme to say the least. It debuted just over a year ago and while not as strange as it was to begin with still ruffles feathers with how it portrays people with a certain sexual orientation.

So the question is, should his gimmick be dropped?

badnewzxl

Re: Should Orlando Jordan's Gimmick in TNA be stopped?

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 17th, '11, 00:29

It's actually not a bi-sexual gimmick, as we've been led to believe. It's just him being a weirdo; he isn't any different from Goldust, really...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 17th, '11, 17:25

badnewzxl wrote:It's actually not a bi-sexual gimmick, as we've been led to believe. It's just him being a weirdo; he isn't any different from Goldust, really...
Agreed.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 17th, '11, 17:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:It's actually not a bi-sexual gimmick, as we've been led to believe. It's just him being a weirdo; he isn't any different from Goldust, really...
Agreed.
I'll maybe get heat for this, but I think he and EY should be much more a part of the show. They're hilarious a lot of the time

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Apr 17th, '11, 17:45

I see your point and i do tend to agree with it. It still is a bi-sexual gimmick i think because some of the comedy stuff they do runs along those lines. The whole I like your a**hole thing.

I will say this, they've trimmed down the weirdness of character and now he's actually fun instead of behaving in a way that makes you turn off the TV. I personally didn't like the way they made the character from the start because they kept pushing that he was bi-sexual and made it seem like if you are bi-sexual you're a very weird person which was the wrong message to send.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 17th, '11, 18:00

Rabid619 wrote:
I see your point and i do tend to agree with it. It still is a bi-sexual gimmick i think because some of the comedy stuff they do runs along those lines. The whole I like your a**hole thing.

I will say this, they've trimmed down the weirdness of character and now he's actually fun instead of behaving in a way that makes you turn off the TV. I personally didn't like the way they made the character from the start because they kept pushing that he was bi-sexual and made it seem like if you are bi-sexual you're a very weird person which was the wrong message to send.
exactly. If they hadn't tried to be "controversial" and just went with the gimmick, OJ might have enjoyed more success than he has thus far. He's bizarre; that's what they should have played up, not his sexuality....

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Apr 18th, '11, 16:11

Also after that PPV last night, they're still trying to get us to think Orlando Jordan is a weird bi-sexual person. I honestly rolled my eyes at it because he wasnt doing anything to require Taz to say that crap. He was just wrestling just like anyone else does and Taz starts making stupid comments about his sexual orientation just because he's in the ring. Taz should be fired.....

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Apr 18th, '11, 22:41

The Awesome One wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:Also after that PPV last night, they're still trying to get us to think Orlando Jordan is a weird bi-sexual person. I honestly rolled my eyes at it because he wasnt doing anything to require Taz to say that crap. He was just wrestling just like anyone else does and Taz starts making stupid comments about his sexual orientation just because he's in the ring. Taz should be fired.....
That really annoyed the crap outta me. We live in a world where it shouldn't matter if you're gay. Nobody should be joking about it to millions across the world.
A little joke here and there is no problem, but when you have it consume your commentary, it's really stupid. Taz is just really bad with his presentation and he always tries to reiterate and ends up just blabbering about the same thing for too long. the King use to make similar comments about Goldust, Chuck, and Billy, but his came off as jokes that just so happened to be sexually suggestive; Taz is on commentary constantly talking about OJ's sexuality and hoping he says something that can be seen as humorous. Taz: It should be about the match, not about this bisexual guy having a match.