BRM Reviews wXw Femme Fatales 2022 (bad)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews wXw Femme Fatales 2022 (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 22nd, '22, 22:08

wXw Femme Fatales 2022 (10/1/2022)- Oberhausen, Germany

FEMME FATALES 2022 QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Killer Kelly vs. Iva Kolasky- 3.75/10
This was rough. It was often just a step too slow to not feel like I was watching something choreographed, they had a few spots that just plain got botched, and Kelly’s mean face does not work anywhere near as well with her hair down as opposed to tied back tightly in braids (and the particular shade of red doesn’t help, either. It’s too bright). Even when she wasn’t doing the mean face, it felt like the intensity that had previously defined the character was missing.

FEMME FATALES 2022 QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Anastasia Bardot vs. Orsi- 4/10
This was a meh brawl. Orsi losing was pretty surprising.

FEMME FATALES 2022 QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Nicky Foxley vs. Aliss Ink- 2/10
This only went three minutes. Ink won clean.

FEMME FATALES 2022 QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Masha Slamovich vs. Alex Everett- 5.5/10
There is a wonderful raw-ness about Slamovich. She won clean here, which was good because I don’t think I could take any more of Ava Everett’s over-the-top facial expressions.

SHAZZA MCKENZIE vs. MARIA DE LA ROSA vs. MICHELLE GREEN- 4.25/10
This was six minutes of decent stuff. I liked that they kept it as a three-way pretty much the entire time. The finish looked kind of weak, though.

JURN SIMMONS VS. HEISENBERG VIDEO PACKAGE- very good, but I have no memory of Jurn making the challenge to Heisenberg for a Street Fight. Did they forget to put up an episode of We Love Wrestling or something?

FEMME FATALES 2022 SEMIFINAL MATCH: Killer Kelly vs. Aliss Ink- 3/10
They traded some great strikes, then botched a hurricanrana that seemed like it was supposed to be the big move at the end of their first spot. We also got Kelly throwing a series of punches to the vulnerable head of Ink that would have looked really great if the camera weren’t positioned in such a way as to make it clear that there was no contact being made at all. If you’re in the production truck and that starts to happen, CUT TO A DIFFERENT CAMERA!
Things got better after that, but this was not even close to good. Ink pinned Kelly after a kick to the head to pick up the upset win.

FEMME FATALES 2022 SEMIFINAL MATCH: Masha Slamovich vs. Anastasia Bardot- DUD!
This was short, and often ugly (mostly whenever Bardot was on offense). She is very slow.

wXw WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Baby Allison(c) vs. Calypso vs. Amele- 5.75/10
Amele is back, and she is getting a title shot because she never actually lost the belt (she signed with WWE and had to vacate it, although I don’t remember if vacating it was because of COVID and she assigned with WWE after that, or if she vacated after signing).
The two Frenchwomen ganged up on Baby Allison at the beginning. They’re alliance eventually broke down, and Baby Allison pinned Calypso to get the win. Amele was very frustrated after the match.

They announced Bobby Gunn vs. “Speedball” Mike Bailey in a #1 contendership match at World Tag Team Festival 2022: Night 1, with the winner getting a title shot the next night.

FEMME FATALES 2022 FINAL MATCH: Aliss Ink vs. Masha Slamovich- 6.75/10
This was easily the best thing on the show, although that’s not saying much on this show. I might have gone up to 7/10 if they hadn’t fought o the outside forever without getting counted out. It was just a hard-hitting brawl, but those are always fun, especially when you mix some power moves in. Ink got the upset win here. The goal of this show seems to have been to make her, and they had better hope it worked (it did for me), because this division needs the help… and based on what we saw tonight, there isn’t much in the way of reinforcements coming any time soon.

This was a bad show from wXw. The matches were short, and there was far too much sloppiness. Between them making Aliss Ink, and both Killer Kelly and Amele returning, the division certainly feels refreshed, but I’m not optimistic about quality, unfortunately.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3