Miro was ‘looking for answers and not getting any’ during time away from AEW

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Big Red Machine

Miro was ‘looking for answers and not getting any’ during time away from AEW

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 16th, '23, 14:40

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/miro ... y-from-aew

Ian Carey
5 hours ago

Miro recently commented on his time away from AEW.

The 37-year-old is set to return to the ring on Saturday as part of the debut episode of AEW Collision. He has not wrestled since All Out 2022 and his previous match before that was on the first Forbidden Door pay-per-view on June 26, 2022.

Miro recently spoke to Good Karma Wrestling and was asked about the months he spent away from the company.

It sucks, it sucks. Like I said, looking for answers and not getting any, it's not a good place. And not just me, but just overall as a human being when you have no answers to all these questions, it just eats you inside," Miro said.

"But I'm aching, I'm aching to come back to find out what's going on, what's happening, it's been a while," he continued.

Miro continued to say that he's missed the fans the most.

"There's nothing like the professional wrestling fans. That instant connection that you have with them as soon as you - not even walk out - as soon as the music hit.

You hear the people just rising, their roar, that's what I miss. I miss performing in front of them because they deserve The Redeemer and I deserve them.

He continued to talk about his Redeemer persona in AEW and the evolution of his character.

The answers I've been looking for, I haven't found. But what I've done, what we've done in AEW, I would say it's the longest story that we've had since the beginning, the arc of the character.

Like I said, we started with The Gamer and then he had to snap, he had to destroy his best friend because he thought he was sabotoging him. To finally peak further and further and finally to find God on his side and run with that. And then after that was done, when the title got taken away, then I [went] from God's favorite champion to God's forsaken champion. It's always an arc, the Redeemer is always there.

Miro was also asked about CM Punk during the interview. He said he feels the two have mutual respect for one another.

"I get along with him fine," Miro said of Punk. "I think, every time we talked I feel like we have a mutual respect. I've never had anything bad engaged with him but everybody hears a whole bunch of things. But man, if you're not happy with something, just do whatever you want to do and then go cry in your mansion. I don't understand all the lashing out but everybody's responsible for their own actions.

Like I said, I get along with him good, we've talked, we've had great interactions, even though we had two or three of them. I don't care. I look at myself, I don't look at other people's plates.

Multiple reports regarding Miro's status with AEW came out in December. A report from Fightful Select indicated Miro was eager to return but "creative simply hasn't been presented for him." Later that month, our own Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Miro rejected creative plans that would have led to a match at Full Gear that November.

"In September, they came to him, Tony Khan came to Miro and he had this idea which would build to a match on the November 19 pay-per-view and [Miro] didn't want to do it," Meltzer said.

"It's weird, a lot of people who come from WWE are very leery, obviously, Bryan Danielson being the exception, about doing jobs," Meltzer continued. "Then it becomes very difficult to book when you don't really want to do programs where you are going to lose."

On Dynamite this week, AEW announced that Miro will wrestle on Saturday's debut episode of Collision. However, an opponent has yet to be named.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3