BRM Reviews ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '11, 21:54

ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC (2/16/2007)- New York, NY

DELIRIOUS vs. ADAM PEARCE (w/Shane Hagadorn)- 5/10. Not thrilled with the babyface cheating, but it worked.

DANGEROUS ANGELS vs. ALEXA THATCHER & DAIZEE HAZE- 2.5/10 EXTREMELY short.

FOUR WAY FRAY: Xavier vs. Shingo vs. Jack Evans vs. Jimmy Jacobs (w/Lacey)- 6.75/10. Great action!

TABLES ARE LEGAL MATCH: BRENT ALBRIGHT vs. BJ WHITMER- 7/10! There were some SICK bumps in this match.

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Matt Sydal & Christopher Daniels(c) (w/Allison Danger) vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong- 8/10! Great post-match character work by Sydal, too, and after that, even more awesomeness ensues with the formation of the No Remorse Corps.

THE BRSICOE BROTHERS vs. NIGEL MCGUINNESS & COLT CABANA- 7/10

TAKESHI MORISHIMA vs. SAMOA JOE- 8/10. Definitely had the necessary epic feel.

ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Homicide(c) vs. Jimmy Rave- 6.75/10. Homicide kept using a fork in this match which really pissed me off. He is the top babyface in the company… and he is cheating? WTF!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jun 13th, '11, 23:27

Big Red Machine wrote:ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Homicide(c) vs. Jimmy Rave- 6.75/10. Homicide kept using a fork in this match which really pissed me off. He is the top babyface in the company… and he is cheating? WTF!
That's Homicide's thing, though. It's like Nick Gage, or Stone Cold. They do heel things because they're badass motherfuckers, but they still do the right thing when it comes to battling heels.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews ROH Fifth Year Festival: NYC

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 13th, '11, 23:45

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH: Homicide(c) vs. Jimmy Rave- 6.75/10. Homicide kept using a fork in this match which really pissed me off. He is the top babyface in the company… and he is cheating? WTF!
That's Homicide's thing, though. It's like Nick Gage, or Stone Cold. They do heel things because they're badass *censored*, but they still do the right thing when it comes to battling heels.
Being a badass doesn't mean you can cheat or do mean things just because. It means that you can bend some rules in the pursuit of justice (think Taker during the Brothers of Destruction. He and Kane threatened to burn down Regal's office and toss Steph over the a ledge in order to get heel management to do things that they otherwise would not have ever done. It wasn't random violence for its own sake (and notice that those being threatened were guilty of some offense or another).

And even if you are a badass, in a company that prides itself on clean wrestling and fair and honorable competition, your babyface champ should not be cheating.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3