BRM Reviews the 6/24/2011 Smackdown

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/24/2011 Smackdown

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '11, 04:04

OPENING SEGMENT- Good

SIN CARA vs. TED DIBISAE JR- 5.75/10. Sin Cara needs a better finisher. This move looks weak.

DON’T GIVE US OLD SH*T! Give this time to matches!

DRAGON PROMO- Hooray for pure babyfaces!

CODY RHODES vs. DANIEL BRYAN- 6/10. Did anyone else notice the sign saying “Hey Danielson, McGuinness is the best in the world?”

BIG SHOW PROMO- good

WWE INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Ezekiel Jackson(c) vs. Wade Barrett- 5/10

RANDY ORTON PROMO- Pretty Good

BARRETT, SLATER, & GABRIEL SEGMENT- GREAT!

THE USOS vs. SLATER & GABRIEL- 5.5/10. The Usos continue to impress.

YOSHI TATSU vs. JINDER MAHAL (w/THE GREAT KHALI)- squash. It was awkward, but it did give me the sense that Mahal didn’t give a damn and just wanted to hurt Yoshi Tatsu, which, I assume, is what they were going for. Good promo by Mahal, too.

KANE vs. CHRISTIAN- 6.75/10. As much as I hate to admit it, the run-in was good booking… until they made the tag team match. If you just have Christian pissed at Henry, you are setting up a title match between Orton, Sheamus, Kane, Henry, Show & Christian: 6 Pack Challenge, anyone?

KANE & RANDY ORTON vs. MARK HENRY & CHRISTIAN- 6/10… not good enough for a main event, but WHOA! They set it up anyway! Well done, WWE!

Overall there wasn't much that was good on this episode of Smackdown, but there was nothing bad either. I DEMAND MORE AJ LEE!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Re: BRM Reviews the 6/24/2011 Smackdown

Post by Earth Child » Jun 25th, '11, 06:59

Big Red Machine wrote:CODY RHODES vs. DANIEL BRYAN- 6/10. Did anyone else notice the sign saying “Hey Danielson, McGuinness is the best in the world?”
I did but it didn't make sense to me because I couldn't see the comma.......

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jun 25th, '11, 12:35

Earth Child wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:CODY RHODES vs. DANIEL BRYAN- 6/10. Did anyone else notice the sign saying “Hey Danielson, McGuinness is the best in the world?”
I did but it didn't make sense to me because I couldn't see the comma.......
"Danielson McGuinness"... that would be a super wrestler from the future sent back to save us all... twice the awesomeness... twice the attitude...

Imagine the chant...

"You're gonna get your f*cking head kicked in... f*cking in the bushes"

Ahh... can all dream.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jun 25th, '11, 12:40

Yeah, watch out for his Tower of Mutilation.

Also I missed it, why so much love for AJ Lee? (Not that I think she's bad. I'm just curious.)
Lady Luck is smiling...

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jun 25th, '11, 12:47

Verdun wrote:Yeah, watch out for his Tower of Mutilation.
Yes!!!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 25th, '11, 14:41

Verdun wrote:
Also I missed it, why so much love for AJ Lee? (Not that I think she's bad. I'm just curious.)
She was the PERFECT babyface on NXT. I honestly can't recall ever getting so behind a wrestler a knew so little about for no other reason than pure babyface-ness. Others have quickly captured my imagination and made me think "this guy/girl is JUST PLAIN AWESOME! What a badass! I can image him/her doing some much awesome stuff and being part of so many awesome angles (Kane, Taker, Rhino, Brock Lesnar, Cheerleader Melissa, MsChif, Matt Hardy, Lita, Daniels, Bradshaw, Monty Brown), others through their promos (Jimmy Jacobs, CM Punk, Shane Douglas, Raven, The Rock), others because they were just awesome in the ring (the usual guys you would think off), and others because they were just so much damn fun (D'Lo Brown, Alex Riley, & Beverly Mullins), but AJ was the first to capture my heart by just being a babyface. By being someone I genuinely WANT to see win not because that would be best for the angle, but because I want her to do well because, as a babyface, she won me over (the only similar case is that of Dunn and Marcos in ROH, [and I assume, if I had been an ROH fan at the time, early babyface Jimmy Jacobs would have, too]).

Long story short, she is such an amazing babyface that I literally cannot help but root for her. I want to see heron TV because I want to see her win.

When she was eliminated from NXT, I legit turned the TV off and did not watch NXT ever again (a bit of an overreaction, I know, but still...)

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jun 25th, '11, 15:26

Big Red Machine wrote:
She was the PERFECT babyface on NXT. I honestly can't recall ever getting so behind a wrestler a knew so little about for no other reason than pure babyface-ness. Others have quickly captured my imagination and made me think "this guy/girl is JUST PLAIN AWESOME! What a badass! I can image him/her doing some much awesome stuff and being part of so many awesome angles (Kane, Taker, Rhino, Brock Lesnar, Cheerleader Melissa, MsChif, Matt Hardy, Lita, Daniels, Bradshaw, Monty Brown), others through their promos (Jimmy Jacobs, CM Punk, Shane Douglas, Raven, The Rock), others because they were just awesome in the ring (the usual guys you would think off), and others because they were just so much damn fun (D'Lo Brown, Alex Riley, & Beverly Mullins), but AJ was the first to capture my heart by just being a babyface. By being someone I genuinely WANT to see win not because that would be best for the angle, but because I want her to do well because, as a babyface, she won me over (the only similar case is that of Dunn and Marcos in ROH, [and I assume, if I had been an ROH fan at the time, early babyface Jimmy Jacobs would have, too]).

Long story short, she is such an amazing babyface that I literally cannot help but root for her. I want to see heron TV because I want to see her win.

When she was eliminated from NXT, I legit turned the TV off and did not watch NXT ever again (a bit of an overreaction, I know, but still...)
And here i thought you always had a crush on her......

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jun 25th, '11, 23:23

It could just be some giant coverup of Big Red's crush on AJ Lee

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Jun 25th, '11, 23:57

Earth Child wrote:It could just be some giant coverup of Big Red's crush on AJ Lee
Just look at the amount of text he put in to try and cover it up.

It's okay BRM, I think she's cute too.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jun 25th, '11, 23:59

We all aprove BRM ;)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 26th, '11, 00:02

Verdun wrote:
Earth Child wrote:It could just be some giant coverup of Big Red's crush on AJ Lee
Just look at the amount of text he put in to try and cover it up.

It's okay BRM, I think she's cute too.
Never said she wasn't.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation