BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2011: Night 3

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews CHIKARA King of Trios 2011: Night 3

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 1st, '11, 09:49

CHIKARA King of Trios 2011 Night 3 (4/17/2011)- Philadelphia, PA-

KING OF TRIOS SEMIFINAL MATCH: The Colony vs. The Osirian Portal- 7.75/10 best opener of the year so far.

KING OF TRIOS SEMIFINAL MATCH: F.I.S.T. vs. Team Michinoku Pro (Jinsei Shinzake, Dick Togo, & The Great Sasuke)- 6.75/10. Just a “stuff” match. The Finish really bothered me, too. One of the heels through powder in Sasuke’s eyes, and he then got rolled up with an inside cradle… so why the powder? It stops you from seeing, so someone can hit a finisher. You don’t have to see to know that your shoulders are down to the mat.

JIGSAW vs. ULTRA-SPIDER JR- 5.5/10 Both guys looked impressive.

TAG TEAM GAUNTLET: 6/10 Perfect mix of comedy and wrestling.

MADISON EAGLES PROMO- very good
MADISON EAGLES vs. MANAMI TOYOTA- 6.25/10. I wasn’t happy with Toyota popping up due to fighting spirit after a Super German Suplex. It is okay after a regular one, but not a super one. I have also yet to see anything impressive from Madison Eagles, and am still baffled as to why they had HER beat MsChif for the SHIMMER Title. To me, she screams “MIDCARDER” and mid-carders should not be kicking out of the Ocean Cyclone Suplex.

EDDIE KINGSTON PROMO- GREAT!
EDDIE KINGSTON vs. AKIRA TOZAWA- 6.75/10

REY DE VOLADORES TOURNAMENT FINALS: X-Pac vs. El Generico- 8.5/10 HE’S STILL GOT IT!!!!”

KING OF TRIOS TOURNAMENT FINALS- 8.75/10. CLASSIC babyface vs. heel! GREAT STUFF!

Overall, an awesome show from CHIKARA, especially by general CHIKARA in-ring standards, and especially when you consider just how many big names weren’t on this card (Quack, Claudio, Ares, UltraMantis Black, Hallowicked, Frightmare).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3