2 Cents: Booker T on Commentary

Get your opinions out
Forum rules
All Topics must start with "2 cents:" continued by the wrestler, event, segment, match being talked about.

example:
2 cents: John Cena
yourcrapsweak

2 Cents: Booker T on Commentary

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 26th, '11, 16:20

I personally actually like him. What do you think?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

kiel297

Re: 2 Cents: Booker T on Commentary

Post by kiel297 » Sep 26th, '11, 16:48

I love him for the mere fact that he's trolling the shit out of everyone. He clearly pays attention to the internet. Every saying of his that I've seen turned into a meme on Reddit (See: Sidewalk slam, hip bone connected to the leg bone), he keeps on using, and we keep on laughing. It's at the point where I've created the Booker T drinking game!

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Sep 26th, '11, 17:40

At first he seemed a bit rough but now i find him entertaining. :D

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 26th, '11, 22:03

Can't stand him. His comments rarely make sense in context, and he doesn't seem to know when to be quiet.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 26th, '11, 23:06

he's hilarious with his vocab (and lack there of, in some ways) and his analysis is believable bc he was/is an AWESOME wrestler. His timing could become better if they'd let him work with just one other guy for a while, but he's better (more entertaining) in his first year at the desk than most others have been (Cole, Taz, Shane, Grisham, etc)

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 27th, '11, 00:24

AWWWWWW yeah, I was talking to my boy D Bryan earlier today...

I personally don't like him that much, he's kinda like Taz, I'm expecting some amazing insight from the old days of wrestling, but i usually get nonsense...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 27th, '11, 05:55

I have trouble understanding him. I like Booker, but I don't think Color Commentary is his niche.

Styles

Post by Styles » Sep 27th, '11, 07:00

Bob-O wrote:I have trouble understanding him. I like Booker, but I don't think Color Commentary is his niche.
This.

Sometimes he says half of one sentence, but finishes it off with something totally irrelevant, y'know things like, "Hey yo, I was talking to my man D Bryan earlier , he said he's as confused about this Sin Cara situation as anybody and after that she cooked twins some waffles & made me a sandwich"

I usually don't mind wrestler-turn-commentators, because they provide extra little pieces of information like psychology & what certain holds do to which body parts. It makes you think "Shit he's ripping his neck out". But, with Booker T... no insight whatsoever.

I'd prefer Regal in the Smackdown seat over Booker. Regal DOES give that insight and let's you know the psychology.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Sep 27th, '11, 12:20

He's incoherent at times. I get too distracted when he starts totally going off his rocker.

He's got the energy and the persona, I just think he needs to pay attention to what's coming out of his mouth.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 27th, '11, 17:16

He's become kind of an inside joke with my friends and me after Night of Champions. He didn't seem capable of saying anything but "WHOA!", so we started saying it to each other in the most random circumstances, just like he does.

Sometimes he annoys me 'cause he's SO random, but some of the things he says just cracks me up.

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Sep 27th, '11, 18:47

he's basically EXACTLY what Dusty Rhodes was in WCW during the mid and late 90's. I think once he realizes what the audience enjoys from him, he'll capitalize on it. He's getting better....