What?!

Tell it to the world!!
Serujuunin

What?!

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 6th, '12, 13:55

So I'm watching the FCW from January 1, and the very first match is Audrey Marie vs. Aksana vs. AJ LEE! WHAT? WHY is she back in FCW? WHY? She was my favourite Diva on RAW or Smackdown and now she's back in FCW.

/rant

Rabid619

Re: What?!

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 6th, '12, 13:57

I think it's just them having her appear in FCW from time to time. They do that with their younger talent, there are a few others who do the same thing. If you recall, CM Punk wrestled at an FCW show last year i think it was. I wouldn't look too much into it.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 6th, '12, 15:37

I think that was to capitalize on Punk's momentum.

The difference between the two is that AJ never gets to wrestle on Smackdown, but they send her down to FCW? That, to me, says they don't think she's ready to wrestle the Divas on the roster, which is bullshit. She's better than most of the Divas on the roster, with the exception of Beth and Natalya (off the top of my head), but she doesn't get a match, while Alicia Fox does? She's terrible!

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 6th, '12, 15:44

Serujuunin wrote:The difference between the two is that AJ never gets to wrestle on Smackdown, but they send her down to FCW? That, to me, says they don't think she's ready to wrestle the Divas on the roster, which is bulls**t. She's better than most of the Divas on the roster, with the exception of Beth and Natalya (off the top of my head), but she doesn't get a match, while Alicia Fox does? She's terrible!
I agree about the Alicia Fox part. As for what they're doing with AJ, it sounds like they really don't have much plans for her and since she's about a year on the roster give or take it's probably better that she competes in FCW. They recognize a talent level so they keep her active somewhere, if they didn't like her she'd be gone.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 6th, '12, 16:15

Newer WWE guys on TV are almost always still in FCW from time to time. One, they can never get enough experience. And two, it's a big draw for FCW believe it or not. I've seen Ricardo Rodriguez at an FCW show.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Robert Randall

Post by Robert Randall » Jan 6th, '12, 16:23

yourcrapsweak wrote:I've seen Ricardo Rodriguez at an FCW show.
doesn't he have his own stable or something down there?
when I say I'm the ish, I'm not being cocky or conceited, I'm merely telling you what others told me "Rob, you're the ish"

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 6th, '12, 16:44

Robert Randall wrote:
I dunno.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 6th, '12, 16:46

I watch FCW regularly too. I haven't seen Jinder wrestle on an FCW show since I've started watching. I've seen Ricardo too, but he doesn't wrestle on the WWE roster, so that's a bit different.

I've not seen anyone go back to FCW after wrestling on WWE shows. Those guys usually end up on Superstars or NXT, like Gabriel or Riley or Curtis or Bateman. That may just be my luck with the shows I've seen, but I've never seen anyone go backwards.

And I think what bothers me the most in AJ's particular case is that there are so many Divas on RAW or Smackdown that are not as good as she is, but they still get matches, and she doesn't? Some part of me wants to think it's because she doesn't have the "look" that most of the other Divas have, which is total bullshit if that's why she's not getting TV time for matches.

(And no, Ricardo doesn't have a stable of his own in FCW. :P )

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Jan 6th, '12, 16:47

They come back for house shows, not TV tapings.
-Kevin Steen

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 6th, '12, 16:56

its not uncommon at all for WWE talent to be on FCW shows...Your being way to biased against WWE today it seems :p
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 6th, '12, 17:33

yourcrapsweak wrote:They come back for house shows, not TV tapings.
Then that explains why I never see them. :P

Iunno, I think I was just in a rageful mood at that moment and that was the first thing I saw that I could rage at.

Though I still question why AJ isn't wrestling on TV and Alicia is.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 6th, '12, 18:45

Serujuunin wrote:Though I still question why AJ isn't wrestling on TV and Alicia is.
That is a good question, the talent level is greater with AJ. Alicia sucks and face or heel, she strikes me as a b*tch.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 6th, '12, 21:50

Rabid619 wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:Though I still question why AJ isn't wrestling on TV and Alicia is.
That is a good question, the talent level is greater with AJ. Alicia sucks and face or heel, she strikes me as a b*tch.
I agree. Just something about her...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 7th, '12, 09:18

They don't do it as much anymore, but back in the WWECW days, a lot of guys on that roster went back and forth (Sheamus, Abe Washington, Vance Archer). I wouldn't read into it. She was just featured on Smackdown as the girlfriend of the World Heavyweight Champion!

When I saw that she was moonlighting in FCW I just figured they asked her help out with the younger girls.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 7th, '12, 21:07

Serujuunin wrote:So I'm watching the FCW from January 1, and the very first match is Audrey Marie vs. Aksana vs. AJ LEE! WHAT? WHY is she back in FCW? WHY? She was my favourite Diva on RAW or Smackdown and now she's back in FCW.

/rant
Stop complaining. She is winning matches!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 8th, '12, 08:03

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Robert Randall wrote:
I dunno.
Last I checked he did. Ascension or something, he cut that promo claiming that Del Rio actually worked for him and his Dad as they run a big talent agency... (I so wanted them to use this as a full-on WWE storyline... perhaps they'll save it for a one day Del Rio face turn)

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Jan 8th, '12, 09:34

Lynas wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
Robert Randall wrote:
I dunno.
Last I checked he did. Ascension or something, he cut that promo claiming that Del Rio actually worked for him and his Dad as they run a big talent agency... (I so wanted them to use this as a full-on WWE storyline... perhaps they'll save it for a one day Del Rio face turn)
He was never in any of the Ascension videos though. It was Raquel, Kenneth Cameron, a Colon boy, I think Primo and another guy who was definitely too white to be Ricardo. :P Unless I missed more than one episode here or there and he joined up with them.