BRM Reviews the 2/3/2012 Smackdown (very good)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 2/3/2012 Smackdown (very good)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 6th, '12, 10:55

OPENING SEGMENT- eh. It probably would have been better, but Henry sounded really whiny at times, which killed it for me. Cody’s promo was good

SHEAMUS vs. CODY RHODES- 4.5/10. These guys should have been given A LOT more time. Like 20 minutes. These are two of your biggest up and coming stars. They should not be having four minute matches against each other.

KHALI STUFF- don’t care

TEDDY LONG & DREW MCINTYRE BACKSTAGE- Teddy says “there is nothing worse than predictable television.” Oh, Teddy. Let me tell you a story about a company called WCW. It was a wrestling company that put on not just one but two TV shows each week. At one point, one of the men responsible for coming up with ideas for these shows was a man named Disco Inferno. One day, Disco had an idea. This idea was that Team Canada and Mike Tenay would be unveiled to be space aliens. This was an utterly moronic idea. Possibly the worst concept every thought up by any booker ever… but I can assure you no one would have been able to predict it.

I really can’t get into this angle, mostly because Teddy is acting like such an out-of-character jerk.

TEDDY LONG & OTHERS BACKSTAGE- good

SANTIN-HO! vs PRIMO & EPICO (w/Rosa Mendes)- 3.25/10 This match was supposed to get heat on Epico, Primo, & Rosa, but they are hard to boo. I’m not exactly sure why, as they aren’t even that impressive or exciting, but there is something about them that makes me not want to boo them.

DANIEL BRYAN PROMO- I’m supposed to boo someone for being a vegan? Sure. I’ll go with that. I am a full-fledged member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals). Great job by Dragon not sounding like Punk rip-off. The tone of the promo was very different than Punk’s promos, so props to Dragon for that. This was a good turn for the Dragon vs. Big Show feud, but it likely means that Dragon will be losing the belt at Elimination Chamber to someone other than Show.

DANIEL BRYAN & THE BIG SHOW- good stuff. Props to AJ for her acting. She pulled the part off perfectly. One look at her and you could tell that this was the same AJ we know and love… and yet in a very different state of mind. I am anxious to see where they go with her.

THE DIVAS OF DOOM vs. TAMINA & AKSANA- okay squash…. And Nattie gets laid out again! WTF?

CENA VIDEO PACKAGE- good… but they can’t show this same video package again. One week is enough.

RANDY ORTON PROMO- GREAT!

NO DISQUALIFICATION: Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett- 7/10.

DRAGON STEALING ORTON’S THUNDER- I didn’t like it. It didn’t feel like it fit in with Dragon’s character.

Overall, a very good episode of Smackdown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/3/2012 Smackdown (very good)

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 6th, '12, 11:13

Big Red Machine wrote:I am a full-fledged member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).
Glad to see i'm not alone. Lmao. =))

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 6th, '12, 11:34

I’m supposed to boo someone for being a vegan? Sure. I’ll go with that.
I think you're spose to boo him for thinking he's better than you; just like with Punk. You weren't spose to dislike him bc he was Straight Edge; you disliked him bc he thought his lifestyle choice made him better than others. It's about arrogance, not lifestyle....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 6th, '12, 12:30

badnewzxl wrote:
I’m supposed to boo someone for being a vegan? Sure. I’ll go with that.
I think you're spose to boo him for thinking he's better than you; just like with Punk. You weren't spose to dislike him bc he was Straight Edge; you disliked him bc he thought his lifestyle choice made him better than others. It's about arrogance, not lifestyle....
Yeah, I know. It was intended as a humorous comment..
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 7th, '12, 02:29

Rabid619 wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I am a full-fledged member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals).

:( One day you'll see

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Feb 9th, '12, 17:51

Earth Child wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:

so your a vegetarian?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 9th, '12, 17:56

Earth Child wrote:
Rabid619 wrote:

Come on EC, you know we don't mean to offend anyone especially you. :ymhug:

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 9th, '12, 19:37

Big Red Machine wrote:SHEAMUS vs. CODY RHODES- 4.5/10. These guys should have been given A LOT more time. Like 20 minutes. These are two of your biggest up and coming stars. They should not be having four minute matches against each other.
Sometimes I wish we had a "Like" button. But then, liking this comment only once would not even be enough.

I wholly agree here. I really enjoyed this match despite the unfortunate time limit. Two of my "Fav5" guys. :P

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 10th, '12, 17:57

KILLdozer wrote:so your a vegetarian?

I don't eat red meat. Only chicken and fish. And if I feel like I'm going to pass out from lack of iron I'm forced to eat pork. That usually only happens once a month.
Rabid619 wrote:Come on EC, you know we don't mean to offend anyone especially you. :ymhug:
I'm not offended :) I'm not the best vegetarian either, as shown above.