Whose Side Are You On?

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.

Whose Side Are You On?

The Rock?
13%
John Cena?
88%

Total votes: 8

Big Red Machine

Whose Side Are You On?

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '12, 19:44

Wrestlemania 28 is fast approaching.

The Rock or John Cena?

Whose Side Are You On?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Whose Side Are You On?

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '12, 19:51

LET'S GO CENA!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 28th, '12, 20:01

the Rock.

The guy had a dream to be a WWE Superstar and he lived that dream out to it's fullest! He did everything he had to to make that dream a reality. I'm sure it wasn't the only dream he had in life, so I don't blame him for putting as much effort into accomplishing his other aspirations as he put into becoming a wrestler. That's why Cena's promo from last week came off as desperately clawing for support. Rock spoke on that in his promo yesterday, and I liked what he said. His point about how HHH and Taker and others didn't fight for anybody but themselves is exactly what I'm talking about. Cena HAS to have the crowd behind him (his promos on the Rock all talk about why ppl shouldn't like the Rock; he's Hollywood, he does't really care about our business, he's never here) while the fans religiously follow the Rock (he doesn't try to justify dislike for Cena; he simply expresses his dislike for the guy, insults the hell out of him, and has fun with the audience to get them behind him)!

Rock comes off as honest; brutally honest and that's what I've always liked about the guy.

Cena comes off as righteous; everything he does has to be "right" and that's what I've always hated about him....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 28th, '12, 20:22

badnewzxl wrote:the Rock.

Rock spoke on that in his promo yesterday, and I liked what he said. His point about how HHH and Taker and others didn't fight for anybody but themselves is exactly what I'm talking about.
That's not what he said at all. He said that nobody fought for them. Not that they only fought for themselves.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 28th, '12, 20:31

Big Red Machine wrote:

Rock spoke on that in his promo yesterday, and I liked what he said. His point about how HHH and Taker and others didn't fight for anybody but themselves is exactly what I'm talking about.
That's not what he said at all. He said that nobody fought for them. Not that they only fought for themselves.
will you explain to me how those are not virtually the same thing? Both phrases have the same connotation to me: the guys had to fight for themselves. If NOBODY fought for them, then THEY would have HAD to, right? I mean, if any of the guys wrestled for any of the other guys, then SOMEBODY would be fighting for somebody, wouldn't they? If Bob Holly was out there wrestling for Al Snow, then Al Snow had someone fighting for him.If everyone's fighting only for themselves, then no one would be fighting for anyone other than themselves, right? If everybody ONLY At least in the context of what Cena said, he is fighting for the guys in the back (i.e. he was representing THEM); as opposed to them representing themselves (like HHH, Taker, etc did in Rock's words).

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 28th, '12, 20:48

I might not be a Cena fan but i'm on his side. Cena said his stuff, Rock just insults him. Rock is never leaving again? What was the whole point of saying that? We only see him every few months now. The second he said it, i thought it was a stupid thing to say. We all he's a movie star now.

Rock can tough talk, well actually i should say Rock used to tough talk. Now it's ALL insults. Every time he shows up, it's a new insult to Cena or something. Fruity Pebbles, Yabba Dabba Bitch, #BootsToA**es (which i honestly wouldn't give to sh*ts if was never said again for a LONG time) and now Kung Po Bitch.

Rock shows up, eats up the crowds attention insults Cena then leaves.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 29th, '12, 00:14

badnewzxl wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

will you explain to me how those are not virtually the same thing? Both phrases have the same connotation to me: the guys had to fight for themselves. If NOBODY fought for them, then THEY would have HAD to, right? I mean, if any of the guys wrestled for any of the other guys, then SOMEBODY would be fighting for somebody, wouldn't they? If Bob Holly was out there wrestling for Al Snow, then Al Snow had someone fighting for him.If everyone's fighting only for themselves, then no one would be fighting for anyone other than themselves, right? If everybody ONLY At least in the context of what Cena said, he is fighting for the guys in the back (i.e. he was representing THEM); as opposed to them representing themselves (like HHH, Taker, etc did in Rock's words).
What so said in the post I quoted was that guys like Triple H and Taker didn't fight for anyone but themselves. Meaning that they never fought on behalf of any other party (a injured friend, the fans, etc) What The Rock said (that nobody fought for them) means that they fought their own battles (meaning that Al Snow fought for Al Snow, rather than Bob Holly fighting for Al Snow). The two are different, but not mutually exclusive. One is who you are fighting on behalf of. The other is who is fighting your fights.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 29th, '12, 00:24

those two phrases have FAR to much in common to be "not at all" the same. The answer to both those questions could be the very same answer (and in this situation, it is. When the Rock said nobody fought for HHH and Taker, he was implying that they fought for themselves. I figured that was the context of what Cena was saying, since he was talking about his upcoming match with the Rock when he said HE was fighting for all the guys in the back, right?).

If you're fighting on behalf of yourself, then YOU are fighting your fights, are you not? Just a little too much the same to be considered completely different, don't you think?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 29th, '12, 00:49

badnewzxl wrote:those two phrases have FAR to much in common to be "not at all" the same. The answer to both those questions could be the very same answer (and in this situation, it is. When the Rock said nobody fought for HHH and Taker, he was implying that they fought for themselves. I figured that was the context of what Cena was saying, since he was talking about his upcoming match with the Rock when he said HE was fighting for all the guys in the back, right?).

If you're fighting on behalf of yourself, then YOU are fighting your fights, are you not? Just a little too much the same to be considered completely different, don't you think?
Not at all. They are different concepts. In this case, they are the same, but in many cases they are not. They are two different factors.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 29th, '12, 01:31

TEAM CENA
John Cena's told the truth throughout, asked questions of The Rock only to be ignored and have some 90's catchphrases thrown at him..

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 29th, '12, 01:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:those two phrases have FAR to much in common to be "not at all" the same. The answer to both those questions could be the very same answer (and in this situation, it is. When the Rock said nobody fought for HHH and Taker, he was implying that they fought for themselves. I figured that was the context of what Cena was saying, since he was talking about his upcoming match with the Rock when he said HE was fighting for all the guys in the back, right?).

Not at all. They are different concepts. In this case, they are the same, but in many cases they are not. They are two different factors.
Well, since it's the case in this instance, what was the point of bringing up a point that's irrelevant?
Lynas wrote:TEAM CENA
John Cena's told the truth throughout, asked questions of The Rock only to be ignored and have some 90's catchphrases thrown at him..
would anybody remind me of what these supposed questions were? all I heard was Cena go on and on about how much he shows he loves the WWE. I don't remember any questions besides the one about Rock leaving after saying he wouldn't...

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Feb 29th, '12, 07:18

I'll hop on this Cena Bandwagon.

It just seems to me, throughout this promo war they've had over the past year, Cena has left me saying 'Holy crap. I cannot WAIT to hear what Rock has to say about this. Raw next week is going to be awesome!' Then Rock responds, and I'm always left saying something like 'Haha... Cena's Lady Parts... that was fun.'

The Rock is making this 'must see', however, Cena is the one doing all the work to make this thing epic. In my eyes, Cena had the promo war won when Rock had to explain his "Never Leaving Again..." statement. He could have played it off, "I HAVEN'T LEFT JOHN! LOOK! I'M RIGHT HERE A YEAR LATER! YOU CAN'T SEE ME? CAN YOU SEE ANYTHING!? I'M IN THE OPENING OF THE SHOW!"... but he didn't do that, he was like a boyfriend caught cheating... "heh heh heh, oh right... well, I didn't think you thought I was serious... no no, we ARE together, I just didn't think we were exclusive... I love you... sorry..."

I thought Rock's promo Monday night sucked. The crowd was hot, but the promo sucked! Cena's on fire right now, and I can't help but think Rock's there to collect a check. Cena hasn't even played the "Vince booked the match a year out so you couldn't back out" card yet.

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 29th, '12, 15:33

I'm going to stand by my statement from before: Neither. But if I HAD to pick one, The Rock, just becasue I really can't stand Cena.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 29th, '12, 17:42

Earth Child wrote:I'm going to stand by my statement from before: Neither. But if I HAD to pick one, The Rock, just becasue I really can't stand Cena.
I was wondering if we were going to be able to turn you to the Light Side, but apparently not.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 29th, '12, 20:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
Earth Child wrote:I'm going to stand by my statement from before: Neither. But if I HAD to pick one, The Rock, just becasue I really can't stand Cena.
I was wondering if we were going to be able to turn you to the Light Side, but apparently not.
Oh Dark Side through and through BRM. :P

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Mar 5th, '12, 16:15

The guy had a dream to be a WWE Superstar and he lived that dream out to it's fullest! He did everything he had to to make that dream a reality. I'm sure it wasn't the only dream he had in life, so I don't blame him for putting as much effort into accomplishing his other aspirations as he put into becoming a wrestler. That's why Cena's promo from last week came off as desperately clawing for support. Rock spoke on that in his promo yesterday, and I liked what he said. His point about how HHH and Taker and others didn't fight for anybody but themselves is exactly what I'm talking about. Cena HAS to have the crowd behind him (his promos on the Rock all talk about why ppl shouldn't like the Rock; he's Hollywood, he does't really care about our business, he's never here) while the fans religiously follow the Rock (he doesn't try to justify dislike for Cena; he simply expresses his dislike for the guy, insults the hell out of him, and has fun with the audience to get them behind him)!

Rock comes off as honest; brutally honest and that's what I've always liked about the guy.

Cena comes off as righteous; everything he does has to be "right" and that's what I've always hated about him....

TESTIFY!!! :ymapplause:

Im on Team Rock, Badnews and EC