Hostage Crisis- Kevin Steen

All ROH Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Hostage Crisis- Kevin Steen

Post by Big Red Machine » May 30th, '12, 08:41

http://www.rohwrestling.com/connect/blo ... age-crisis
I haven't done this in a little while but I have had quite a bit on my mind since May 12 and I figure, now's the time to clear things up a bit.

A little over two weeks ago in Toronto, I showed the world...well, I showed the 1500 fans at the Ted Reeve Arena and the ones that hadn't given up on the terrible iPPV by then that I was a man of my words. I said I only needed one shot to take the ROH World Title from Davey Richards. And that's exactly what I did. I beat Davey Richards and became ROH World Champion. Not only did I become ROH World Champion...but I became the most unlikely ROH World Champion there's ever been...and to be honest, that's a fact I'm very proud of.

There's something else I'm pretty proud of. It's the fact that on June 24th, at Best In The World 2012 in New York City, I get to walk in as ROH World Champion when a year before, almost to the day, I showed up in ROH in the same building, uninvited, unappreciated and unwelcome. On that day I told ROH and Jim Cornette to go f*** themselves. Now I get to do it again but this time I don't need a microphone because I have the ROH World Title to do so. And I have to admit, that feels pretty great...

But before I do that, I have my first title match coming up, on June 15th in Charleston, WV, against Eddie Edwards. Now, I do realize Eddie's a worthy contender, a tremendous wrestler and as a former champion himself, a logical choice for my first challenger...but I have to admit I'm a bit let down. See, when I won the title I figured there'd be a lot of new challengers gunning for me, some fresh faces for me to chew on. Guys I had never wrestled before. Lots of fresh match-ups. That's important to me because you see, I thrive to give people something different, something never seen before...and let's be honest here, as deserving as Eddie Edwards is, it's not exactly his first shot at the title. And now I find out that if I make it through Eddie, I defend against Roderick Strong in Pittsburgh, PA...now, again...very deserving, great wrestler, bla bla bla...but for f***'s sake, this must be Roderick's 10939th shot at the title. I was really hoping Jim Cornette would have plenty of people lined up to try and take me down once I became champion but instead I get guys that have had their chance at the title...more than once.

I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose...I can't expect ROH and Jim Cornette to change anything. But as champion, I refuse to let things be this way. I will take on Eddie. I will take on Roddy. I'll even take on Davey again. But once I've taken them all down, it's time for some new blood to quench my thirst. But I know now that Jim will not provide me with it. So I have to take matters into my own hands...which takes me back to June 24th in NYC.

People...buy your tickets because you will want to be there to witness what I have planned...and if you can't be there live then let's hope ROH has their shit together and actually manages to provide their fans with a proper iPPV for once, because everyone will want to see what will go down on June 24th...

Without going into great details, let me say that I have planned from the very start of this whole thing to make my first appearance in New York City as World Champion something special...and with Jimmy Jacobs and Steve Corino finally by my side, nothing will stop me from doing just that.

Jim...just so you know...my plan involves you. Actually let me give you a bit more to think about...

My plan involves you getting annihilated. My plan involves you suffering. My plan involves you paying...

There is no more room for you here. It's time for you to go. Jimmy, Steve and I will turn this company upside down and change the entire landscape of ROH. We begin by getting rid of you.

Because once you're gone...we can finally livE.

Jim, this is not about who the ''Best in the World'' is anymore...this is a HOSTAGE CRISIS, and you will be the first victim.

THE ROH WORLD CHAMPION
KEVIN STEEN
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Hostage Crisis- Kevin Steen

Post by cero2k » May 30th, '12, 11:28

good read. i actually agree with steen, i'm tired of the usual contenders that roh gives us...then again, i'm tired of a lot of guys in roh

RedSon

Re: Hostage Crisis- Kevin Steen

Post by RedSon » May 31st, '12, 14:50

cero2k wrote:good read. i actually agree with steen, i'm tired of the usual contenders that roh gives us...then again, i'm tired of a lot of guys in roh
they're all cookie cutter technical wrestlers
The Man That Gravity Forgot!