BRM Reviews WWF Unforgiven 2001

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWF Unforgiven 2001

Post by Big Red Machine » May 30th, '12, 13:27

WWF Unforgiven 2001 (9/23/2001)- Pittsburgh, PA

FOUR WAY ELIMINATION MATCH FOR THE WWF WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: The Dudley Boyz(c) vs. Spike Dudley & The Big Show vs. Lance Storm & The Hurricane vs. The Hardy Boyz- 6.25/10

PERRY SATURN vs. RAVEN (w/Terri)- 3.75/10

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH: Edge(c) vs. Christian- 7/10

WCW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Brothers of Destruction vs. KroniK (w/Steven Richards)- 4/10
I don’t get why this match gets so much hate. It was certainly uninspired and KroniK didn’t sell particularly well, but I certainly wouldn’t have given it “Worst Worked Match of the Year.”

WWF HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: Rob Van Dam(c) vs. Chris Jericho- 7.75/10
GREAT hardcore match!

HANDICAP MATCH FOR THE WCW TITLE: The Rock(c) vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon- 6.5/10
The Rock overcomes two men, interference from a a third, and a biased referee to win the match. People talk about WCW being buried during the Invasion, and this sort of thing is why. I did enjoy Mike Chioda getting involved oppositr Nick Patrick, though.

WCW UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Tajiri(c) (w/Torrie Wilson) vs. Rhino- 5.25/10
Great for such a short match.

WWF TITLE MATCH: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin(c) vs. Kurt Angle- 8.25/10
I didn’t like the low blows and how long they were on the outside for, and I thought that Kurt didn’t do anywhere near enough damage to Austin’s ankle before he tapped, but they told the neck story very well and you could definitely feel the hate.

Overall, a disappointing show from the WWF, but still decent.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NewAgeSavior

Re: BRM Reviews WWF Unforgiven 2001

Post by NewAgeSavior » May 30th, '12, 23:08

I really never understood the hate for Kronik...and I especially never understood how the company wanted to send them down to the minors over this match.