Recreating 5 Old-School WWE Stables with Current Wrestlers

The sky is the limit
cero2k
Site Admin

Recreating 5 Old-School WWE Stables with Current Wrestlers

Post by cero2k » Jun 7th, '12, 11:35

Source: BleacherReport

It seems that the WWE has not had legitimate stables for a while, but it seems they could be on the rebound. With appearance (and subsequent disappearance) of A.W.'s All-World Stable and John Laurinaitis's posse, it seems stables may be making a return.

There have been a number of great stables in the history of wrestling, including the New World Order and Four Horsemen. These stables have dominated and made wrestling very interesting through the years.

Here are five old-school WWE stables that could be recreated using current wrestlers.

Note: Wrestlers will only be included in one of the stables listed.

The Corporation

In the late 90s, the Corporation, led by Vince McMahon, was a dominant heel group full of stooges, goons and top wrestlers in the business.

Possessing big names such as The Rock and Kane, mid-tier talent like Ken Shamrock, goons like the Big Bossman and non-wrestling stooges like Gerald Brisco and Pat Patterson, the Corporation was a force to be reckoned with. They made life hard on guys like Stone Cold Steve Austin and Mick Foley, who were anti-corporation wrestlers in their own.

Fast forward to present day. There is almost a Corporation-like group in the WWE that should just take on the stable's old name. John Laurinaitis could take the role that Mr. McMahon had, seeing as he is an authority figure that abuses power.

There are a number of superstars that could fill out the stable, including current heels Brock Lesnar, Big Show, Tensai, Hawkins and Reks, Antonio Cesaro and David Otunga.

Stooges who could be in the Corporation in a non-wrestling role would be Eve Torres, David Otunga (advisor role while he trains to improve his in-ring ability), Paul Heyman, Aksana and Theodore Long (reluctantly).

Here is a full rundown of who could be apart of the Corporation:

John Laurinaitas
David Otunga
Eve Torres
Brock Lesnar
Paul Heyman
Theodore Long
Tensai
Sakamoto
Antonio Cesaro
Aksana
Big Show
The Miz
Tyler Reks
Curt Hawkins
Damien Sandow
Drew McIntyre

D-Generation X

D-Generation X was the WWE's top stable of the Attitude Era in terms of popularity with the fans (sorry J.O.B. Squad). Led by Triple H and Shawn Michaels, the group was offensive and raw, but talented.

Add in the crotch-chopping X-Pac, the dominant tag team that was the New Age Outlaws and enforcer Chyna (yes, a woman enforcer), and you had a well-rounded group that gained fanfare.

Now, Triple H and Shawn Michaels could re-found DX, recruiting new superstars to fill out the group. They wouldn't need to wrestle much, but their running of the group could lead to entertaining segments and boosted ratings.

For a tag team, they could recruit the potentially entertaining Hunico and Camacho, who would need to turn face. Those two in DX would be pure gold, given time to develop.

Also, the inclusion of a young stud like Seth Rollins could further gain him fans and make the group more legit. If the group is looking for a girl to fill out the group, they would really just need to take their pick. A female like Kaitlyn could easily fill out the group and have the required attitude needed for DX.

Here is a full rundown of who could be in DX:

Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Hunico
Camacho
Seth Rollins
Kaitlyn

Nation of Domination
The Nation of Domination was a great stable in the mid-to-late 90s, using a Black Panther/Nation of Islam gimmick to generate heat. With members such as The Rock, Farooq, the Godfather and more, they ended up being just what they were advertised as: dominant.

One member of the Nation is still in the WWE, that being Mark Henry. He could be the dominant leader of the group, recruiting other African American wrestlers who feel "suppressed." Maybe include A.W. as a manger that mimics what Clarence Mason did for the group early in their inception, and the group could be great.

Here is a full rundown of who could be in the Nation of Domination:

Mark Henry
R Truth
Ezekiel Jackson
Darren Young
Titus O'Neil
JTG
A.W.

Legacy
Legacy was technically a stable in the late 2000s, even though it included only three members. There are enough wrestlers in the WWE that could make this stable larger and more dominant than it already is, making this an intriguing option for the WWE.

Have Randy Orton and Ted DiBiase turn heel again and join forces with Cody Rhodes to make up the core of the group. Than add young guns like Joe Hennig (Michael McGillicutty), Richie Steamboat and Tamina Snuka, and there could be a legitimate stable.

There are even more guys in FCW that could be utilized here to make this a huge group. Jake Carter (Vader's son) and the Rotundos (Bo and Bray) could provide even more youth to this powerful group, even though I would continue to let them develop in FCW.

Here is a full rundown of who could be in Legacy:

Randy Orton (son of "Cowboy" Bob Orton)
Cody Rhodes (son of "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes)
Ted DiBiase (son of "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase)
Joe Hennig (son of "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig)
Richie Steamboat (son of Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat)
Tamina Snuka (daughter of "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka)

Evolution
Evolution was dominant in the 2000s due to the talent and experience the group possessed. Triple H, Ric Flair, Batista and Randy Orton won numerous titles and ran through opponents effortlessly.

There are plenty of superstars who could fit the bill these days should Evolution make a return. Ric Flair will probably be returning to the WWE, which means he could re-found the group. Bring in a long-time veteran like Christian, who could play a version of the role Triple H played in the group.

Then, have Dolph Ziggler, under the tutelage of the legendary Ric Flair, join in the group, as well as a young buck like Alex Riley, and the group could be great again.

Here is a full rundown of who could be in Evolution:

Ric Flair
Christian
Dolph Ziggler
Alex Riley

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Stables would you recreate??

Big Red Machine

Re: Recreating 5 Old-School WWE Stables with Current Wrestle

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '12, 16:43

Recreating stables doesn't help. It needs to be its own thing. People would have pooped on Evolution if Triple H and Flair had decided to call it the Four Horsemen. For the same reason, Lance Storm wanted his idea for a Horsemen inspired stable in 2002 (himself and Christian as the tag team Test as the enforcer, and Jericho as the star) to be called C*4 rather than Team Canada.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Jun 7th, '12, 18:46

Oh a New Nation of Domination would be wonderful! I could get into that

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 7th, '12, 20:49

Dungeon Of Doom to eliminate the power of Cenation :ymdevil:
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 7th, '12, 21:29

KILLdozer wrote:Dungeon Of Doom to eliminate the power of Cenation :ymdevil:
LOL

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jun 8th, '12, 09:02

Big Johnny's Million Dollar Dream Team:
Alberto Del Rio (feud with Ted DiBiase Jr)
Ricardo Rodriguez (feud with Santino)
Drew McIntyre (feud with ?)
Tensai (feud with Brodus Clay)
Antonio Cesaro (feud with Zack Ryder)
Aksana (feud with Teddy Long)
Darren Young (feud with Justin Gabriel)
Titus O'Neil (feud with Tyson Kidd)
David Otunga (feud with ?)
Big Show (feud with Randy Orton)

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '12, 12:48

Big Red Machine wrote:
LOL
Id book it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 8th, '12, 12:50

KILLdozer wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
LOL
Id book it.
Who would be your Luger?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 8th, '12, 16:04

[/quote]

Id book it.[/quote]
Who would be your Luger?[/quote]

Truth.

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Jun 9th, '12, 11:11

that DX team looks awesome!

i could always get behind a new Un-Americans
christian, cesaro, aksana or natty, either the usos or the colons, mcyntire, mason ryan, even sheamus!
The Man That Gravity Forgot!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 10th, '12, 19:05

Ill go a little more in depth into this idea...

Dungeon Of Doom to stop John Cena

TaskMaster:Wait for it...Newly returning heel Randy Orton,...Who wants to take out his old foe Cena.

The Master:None other than the Undertaker...Since he never wrestles any more anyways this could be the perfect role for him...He is the one to tell Orton to destroy Cenation.

And as for BRM's question to a Luger type neutral character that hates Cena but stands by his partner...Why not...Tag team champion R Truth? As a heel again,In true "Goooood R Truth" Fashion,wanting to take down Cenation as well but remains loyal to Kingston and the belts.

Throw in Tensai,Ryback,Clay(Drop the dancing)Pschyo AJ as manager,and several other big men who arent being used like Khali,Jackson,and Mason Ryan for Muscle,As "The Master" sends the Taskmaster new weapons and monsters to destroy Cenation with...Even put in Lesnar and someone like Miz or a returning Evan Bourne to round things,kind of like a second in command type of thing...And that is how I would bring an old school stable.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 13th, '12, 20:01

KILLdozer wrote:Ill go a little more in depth into this idea...

TaskMaster:Wait for it...Newly returning heel Randy Orton,...Who wants to take out his old foe Cena.

The Master:None other than the Undertaker...Since he never wrestles any more anyways this could be the perfect role for him...He is the one to tell Orton to destroy Cenation.

And as for BRM's question to a Luger type neutral character that hates Cena but stands by his partner...Why not...Tag team champion R Truth? As a heel again,In true "Goooood R Truth" Fashion,wanting to take down Cenation as well but remains loyal to Kingston and the belts.

Throw in Tensai,Ryback,Clay(Drop the dancing)Pschyo AJ as manager,and several other big men who arent being used like Khali,Jackson,and Mason Ryan for Muscle,As "The Master" sends the Taskmaster new weapons and monsters to destroy Cenation with...Even put in Lesnar and someone like Miz or a returning Evan Bourne to round things,kind of like a second in command type of thing...And that is how I would bring an old school stable.

You all think im foolin here huh? ;)

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 13th, '12, 20:11

KILLdozer wrote:

i like it, i would probably choose different people, but i like the story behind it

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jun 13th, '12, 20:23

cero2k wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:

i like it, i would probably choose different people, but i like the story behind it
Then again I was pretty inebriated at the time...lol,Who would you use then you think?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jun 13th, '12, 20:48

KILLdozer wrote:
cero2k wrote: i like it, i would probably choose different people, but i like the story behind it
Then again I was pretty inebriated at the time...lol,Who would you use then you think?
I would go a different path. Focusing on CenaNation too, but a bit more corporate than mystical. I'm not really set on who should be who, but to get an idea

Master: Not completely sure, i don't want Taker, but other than him the only big guy is Triple H.
TaskMaster: Orton, Punk, Jericho, or Rhodes (mostly guys that i think are masterminds and good on controlling minions)
Minions: Carlito, Dragon, Barrett, Slater, Otunga, Tensai, Miz, Show, Riley, Christian, Hawkins, McIntyre, Ziggler, Swagger (pretty much guys that have been put down for Cena to grow)