Why WWE Needs a Roster Split

Tell it to the world!!
Big Red Machine

Why WWE Needs a Roster Split

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 24th, '12, 08:25

As you all know, I am currently attempting to fantasy book WWE starting from the 1000th Raw. While booking the last month of WWE TV, I noticed one frustrating trend in my booking: It felt like a good chunk of the card was tag matches that only existed to get upper-midcarders on the show, or just to put a top guy on thw show even though I had nothing specific for him to do that week. Looking at the actual WWE product, we see the same thing. How many times have we seen Cody get rolled up by Sin Cara or Rey because of the mask? How many times has Sheamus beaten Del Rio or Ziggler? How many times have Orton and Ziggler wrestled? Go back to last year: Ted Dibiase must have wrestled Hunico or Camacho on every show for about two months. I think Sheamus was on an undefeated streak last fall for about two months, and that was purely off of beating Jinder Mahal. Having a brand split will relieve some of this pressure, as it won't require a guy like Miz or Rey or Kane to be on every single show, and it will cut down on the repetitive match ups.

Your thoughts?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Verdun

Re: Why WWE Needs a Roster Split

Post by Verdun » Sep 24th, '12, 14:02

I'm of the opinion that we were getting the same nonsense matches week after week.

Back when the brands were split I remember seeing the same monotonous crap matches week after week.
You'll still see Ziggler and Orton butting heads week after week except it'll only be on one show.
Sheamus'll still roll over Del Rio and so on.

I agree that a roster split is necessary and it lets them distinguish the brands more, but there's a deeper issue that WWE needs to address and that's the stagnant cards with unexciting wrestling and dramatic talk overload week after week.
Lady Luck is smiling...

RedSon

Re: Why WWE Needs a Roster Split

Post by RedSon » Sep 26th, '12, 19:00

i don't think that the roster split will give us more midcard, but it eases up on the clusterfuck that some shows are
The Man That Gravity Forgot!