By Big Red Machine
From January 30, 2011
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Edge(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (w/Vickie Guerrero)- 7.5/10. GREAT opener!
Good promo by Vickie reminding us that If Edge hits the Spear, he will be DQed and Dolph will be awarded the World Heavyweight Title.
WWE TITLE MATCH: The Miz(c) (w/Alex Riley) vs. Randy Orton-6/10. I just wasn't into this one. The finish was eh. Hopefully Punk will explain his actions by saying that he intends to win the Rumble, and he would rather face Miz than face Orton. I really don't want to see Orton destroy the New Nexus like we know he will.
CODY RHODES PUBLIC STATEMENT- Good
There is a guy in FULL CLOWN MAKEUP SITTING BEHIND THE GM PODIUM!
WWE DIVAS TITLE MATCH: Natalya(c) vs. Michelle McCool vs. Layla vs. Eve Torres-4/10. Creative finish.
EVE TORRES?! REALLY? If you are going to throw someone in there, why not AWESOME KONG!!!!!!
The announcers asked if a Double Sharpshooter had ever been done before. Yes it has. AT THE LAST PPV!
DRAGON-GAIL-BELLAS SEGMENT- pretty good. Good promo by Dragon. Am I the only one who finds it funny that the Bellas are claiming to be hotter than Gail Kim, when they clearly aren't?
ROYAL RUMBLE!!- 9.25/10. The Rumble was AMAZING It told a few GREAT stories, made great use of surprise returns Nash & Booker both got HUGE pops, and Nash seemed ridiculously over! ),had fun spots, cool spots, and goo d booking that made the right guys (Jackston, Ryan) look like monsters.
Here are my thoughts as I was watching this, since I don't feel like putting them into a paragraph:
1. I LOVE Punk being #1. Remember that "hypothetical" that Husky Harris was talking about on Raw? It's not a hypothetical anymore!
2. LOVED the Nexus vs. Corre brawl!
3. HOLY SH*T! MORRISON IS AWESOME! That is BY FAR the coolest use of a technicality in history! Mae Young could win this Royale Rumble and it would still be the most awesome Rumble EVER!
4.GREAT heat on Nexus
5. GREAT booking to put over Mason Ryan!
6. GREAT pop for BOOKER T!!!!!!!!
7. Punk was eliminated WAY too early
8. They should have done the Cena-Hornswoggle stuff to just one guy. The first time it was cute. The second time it became annoying
9. I was not a fan of Ziggler and Orton being in the Rumble. They already wrestled tonight. Give us Trent Barretta or someone like that so a guy like Swagger or McIntyre doesn't have to go through this with no eliminations.
10.KEVIN NASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Striker almost cursed! Nash got a HUGE pop!
11. Santino gave me a f*cking heart attack!
12. I was disappointed that we didn't get much Nexus vs. Corre in the actual Rumble match itself.
13. On a personal note, I was extremely disappointed that Kane didn't reclaim his record from HBK. Here's to hoping for next year!