WWE Draft Recap (Night 1)

Everything that is happening in the wrestling world.
Bob-O

WWE Draft Recap (Night 1)

Post by Bob-O » Oct 13th, '19, 08:45

Source: cagesideseats

WWE held night one of its latest Draft on this week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown in Las Vegas, with both Raw and SmackDown picking from the first pool of eligible wrestlers.

Here’s how those picks turned out:

SmackDown
- Roman Reigns
- Bray Wyatt
- Sasha Banks
- Braun Strowman
- Lacey Evans
- The Revival
- Lucha House Party
- Heavy Machinery

Raw
- Becky Lynch
- AJ Styles
- Karl Anderson
- Luke Gallows
- Drew McIntyre
- Randy Orton
- Ricochet
- Bobby Lashley
- Alexa Bliss
- Kevin Owens
- Natalya
- The Viking Raiders
- Nikki Cross
- The Street Profits

That, presumably, leaves the following wrestlers from the first pool as free agents:

- Cesaro
- Humberto Carrillo
- Akira Tozawa
- Sin Cara
- Eric Young
- EC3
- Chad Gable
- Heath Slater
- Drew Gulak
- The B-Team
- Tamina

The draft continues on Raw next week.

Source: wwe.com

Night 1 of the WWE Draft is in the books, but the picks are far from over.

Raw and SmackDown continued their selections, with Apollo Crews among SmackDown’s draft picks, while Raw’s choices included EC3.

SmackDown also added former NXT Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak, Heath Slater and Tamina, and added to its Tag Team division with The B-Team.

Additional picks for Raw included Eric Young and Sin Cara.

Night 1 of the WWE Draft was highlighted by the red brand’s selection of Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch first overall, while SmackDown took Roman Reigns with its first pick.

The Man will kick off Night 2 of the draft on Raw when she takes on Sasha Banks — who was selected by SmackDown on Friday — with Monday night’s first selection on the line.

Additional WWE Draft picks
Apollo Crews — SmackDown
Drew Gulak — SmackDown
EC3 — Raw
Eric Young — Raw
Heath Slater — SmackDown
Sin Cara — Raw
Tamina — SmackDown
The B-Team — SmackDown

KILLdozer

Re: WWE Draft Recap (Night 1)

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 13th, '19, 15:10

PLEASE ENOUGH OF THE BECKY LYNCH SHIT.
She just John Cena'ed Sasha Banks at HIAC...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 13th, '19, 15:23

KILLdozer wrote: Oct 13th, '19, 15:10 PLEASE ENOUGH OF THE BECKY LYNCH SHIT.
I see what you're saying, but I think the booking had already removed any cool or special feeling Sasha had when she came back.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 13th, '19, 16:33

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 13th, '19, 15:23
I see what you're saying, but I think the booking had already removed any cool or special feeling Sasha had when she came back.
I mean because yeah Becky and Charlotte almost always had to go over on them...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 13th, '19, 21:07

I feel like heel Sasha needs a bit more motivation than “I’m the Boss, I’m better than everyone”, it’s kinda getting stale IMO. I haven’t been able to care since she came back because of that.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Oct 13th, '19, 22:00

Serujuunin wrote: Oct 13th, '19, 21:07

I feel like heel Sasha needs a bit more motivation than “I’m the Boss, I’m better than everyone”, it’s kinda getting stale IMO. I haven’t been able to care since she came back because of that.
not just stale, but she's never been able to prove it, she's never been the 'boss' of the promotion or anything

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Oct 13th, '19, 22:39

I feel that. Becky got development, Bayley is getting development, Charlotte was born into her role and doesn't really need any, then there's Sasha... she got a new hair color...

I think the excitement of Sasha returning was that there'd ~BE~ development, which was never in the plans. If I'm honest, I'm not sure she's capable of doing much else character-wise. One could say she could incorperate "herself with the volume turned up", but I've seen her IG/Twitter whining and I'm afraid it'd only make things worse.

I've been outspoken about Sasha in the past, but sincerely... I never understood the hype with her to begin with, even in NXT. I won't be the least bit bothered if they plop her "in the mix" to let somebody like Ruby/Asuke/Nikki/Kiari/Shayna/Io/Candise shine. Any one of them could do WAAAAY more with the spot. I feel like Sasha made the right friends at the right time... just sayin'.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Oct 14th, '19, 01:21

Bob-O wrote: Oct 13th, '19, 22:39

I feel that. Becky got development, Bayley is getting development, Charlotte was born into her role and doesn't really need any, then there's Sasha... she got a new hair color...

I think the excitement of Sasha returning was that there'd ~BE~ development, which was never in the plans. If I'm honest, I'm not sure she's capable of doing much else character-wise. One could say she could incorperate "herself with the volume turned up", but I've seen her IG/Twitter whining and I'm afraid it'd only make things worse.

I've been outspoken about Sasha in the past, but sincerely... I never understood the hype with her to begin with, even in NXT. I won't be the least bit bothered if they plop her "in the mix" to let somebody like Ruby/Asuke/Nikki/Kiari/Shayna/Io/Candise shine. Any one of them could do WAAAAY more with the spot. I feel like Sasha made the right friends at the right time... just sayin'.
Sasha can keep up in the ring, and that's why I like her, but she's the kind of person that seems to struggle feeling natural as a babyface, but she also struggles finding genuine motivation as a heel, so she's not really believable as either, so I can't really be arsed to care. There are a lot of other women that I think could take her spot because they have the in ring ability, but also the character to go with it (I'm not a fan of Nikki though, never really have been). Shayna is my favourite female heel in a really long time, Candace is deceptively good in the ring (when you look at her, she just kinda looks like the cute little girl next door, but the girl can go!) and has a natural babyface feel about her. Asuka and Kairi are... Asuka and Kairi. They're both awesome. Same with Io. They all have the skills, but they also have a reason to make me care.

I really want to like Sasha, but... she's stale. She needs to come up with something to get people invested. I'm not saying she needs to drop the "Boss" stuff, but A) she needs to win enough big matches to back it up and B) needs something else to motivate her.

I got really excited to see her back, but as soon as she turned on Nattie, I thought "Well, same old Sasha."

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Oct 14th, '19, 08:12

Serujuunin wrote: Oct 14th, '19, 01:21
Sasha can keep up in the ring, and that's why I like her, but she's the kind of person that seems to struggle feeling natural as a babyface, but she also struggles finding genuine motivation as a heel, so she's not really believable as either, so I can't really be arsed to care. There are a lot of other women that I think could take her spot because they have the in ring ability, but also the character to go with it (I'm not a fan of Nikki though, never really have been). Shayna is my favourite female heel in a really long time, Candace is deceptively good in the ring (when you look at her, she just kinda looks like the cute little girl next door, but the girl can go!) and has a natural babyface feel about her. Asuka and Kairi are... Asuka and Kairi. They're both awesome. Same with Io. They all have the skills, but they also have a reason to make me care.

I really want to like Sasha, but... she's stale. She needs to come up with something to get people invested. I'm not saying she needs to drop the "Boss" stuff, but A) she needs to win enough big matches to back it up and B) needs something else to motivate her.

I got really excited to see her back, but as soon as she turned on Nattie, I thought "Well, same old Sasha."
It doesn't get more succinct than this honestly
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.