NxT vs Tough Enough

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.

NxT vs Tough Enough

NxT
25%
Tough Enough
75%

Total votes: 8

Lynas
Future Endeavored

NxT vs Tough Enough

Post by Lynas » May 18th, '11, 08:06

Two shows. Two concepts. Both have challenges with judges/coaches etc. However. One major difference. One if kayfabe, the other is real life...

but which is better?

Rabid619

Re: NxT vs Tough Enough

Post by Rabid619 » May 18th, '11, 08:41

NxT was good at the start but after Season 2 they lost credibility. All divas was a risky concept for season 3 and then they had the matches which were for the most part terrible. Now they have HORNSWOGGLE as a pro? Give me a break....

Tough Enough right now is far more enjoyable. Its taking people who are currently on the independents for a while plus others who just started out and training them how to do everything. Each week is a different type of life lesson. They're trained on how to execute the basics and help build a character. I look forward to this show each week. I find it thoroughly entertaining.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » May 18th, '11, 10:03

Rabid619 wrote:Tough Enough right now is far more enjoyable. Its taking people who are currently on the independents for a while plus others who just started out and training them how to do everything. Each week is a different type of life lesson. They're trained on how to execute the basics and help build a character. I look forward to this show each week. I find it thoroughly entertaining.
This on all counts..

I definitely prefer the reality of it.

I love the tasks... the skills challenges... Stone Cold... but the best part about it all? Bill DeMott... incredible trainer. You make him happy, you got a friend for life... you make him angry (Skidmarks)... your time is limited.

I hope that it'll come back for another season after this one (considering this one is now only 3 episodes away from season end)

but it's something that's not aired here in UK (That I've found)... but I'm up on Tuesday Morning bright and early to find it and watch it. Love it.

I've never much liked the concept of NxT... I've never really kept up on it.... like Rabid said, First season was great and I like what they did with it and where they went afterwards... but they've scraped the barrel ever since.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » May 18th, '11, 11:10

Lynas wrote:the best part about it all? Bill DeMott... incredible trainer. You make him happy, you got a friend for life... you make him angry (Skidmarks)... your time is limited.
He's the main reason i watch, just to see what he does. Sure Booker and Austin can be quite enjoyable plus it's always nice to see Trish ;) BUT DeMott knows how to train these kids. What he did with Skidmarks was enjoyable. This guy was a major a-hole and DeMott got in his grill about whenever he could, not just because he was so dumb when it came to learning stuff but he wanted him to improve which he never got around to. I laughed in the first or second episode when Jeremiah lost his teeth and Bill thought they were his. He may be big and sometimes scary but he's enjoyable from all perspectives.

Phreak

Post by Phreak » May 18th, '11, 15:16

I never really got that much into NxT

but I do like the hell out of Tough Enough, because it shows a different side that most dont get to see or know about
_________________________________________________________________________________

Outspoken, Bluntly Honest, Offensive and Politically Incorrect since '79

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 18th, '11, 15:59

all i got to say is,,what the HELL does hornswaggle have to teach,where is the logic in that
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Phreak

Post by Phreak » May 18th, '11, 16:31

maybe its more of "If this lil 4'0 midget can do it, we are sure you can too
_________________________________________________________________________________

Outspoken, Bluntly Honest, Offensive and Politically Incorrect since '79