BOTB: Stiff Punch

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
yourcrapsweak

BOTB: Stiff Punch

Post by yourcrapsweak » Apr 3rd, '11, 19:28

Who gives the stiffest, most brutally insane punch to the face? Vader? Necro? Corporal Robinson? Other?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Re: BOTB: Stiff Punch

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 4th, '11, 06:45

None of them are good. A stiff punch is BAD! The best punch is that of Dr. Death
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Apr 4th, '11, 11:15

Big Red Machine wrote:None of them are good. A stiff punch is BAD!
Why?
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 4th, '11, 12:55

why that would be one Mr William Regal

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 4th, '11, 16:21

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Why?
Because you're not supposed to hurt the other guy. It's pro wrestling, not boxing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 4th, '11, 16:23

Big Red Machine wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
Why?
Because you're not supposed to hurt the other guy. It's pro wrestling, not boxing.
exactly,,the idea is not being stiff
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Apr 4th, '11, 19:40

Big Red Machine wrote:Because you're not supposed to hurt the other guy. It's pro wrestling, not boxing.
Under this logic, you would also condemn say Quack and Green Ant for shooting on each other as they do every so often in their chain wrestling matches? They may not want to "hurt" the other but they want to forcefully subdue their opponent, which is the same idea as stiffing.

When Necro punches the lights out of some guy, it's for effect. Deathmatch fans especially know the difference between a stiff punch and a work, and when you're beating the other guy with light tubes and throwing them into pits of barbed wire and salt, why would you give them a fake punch? It doesn't make sense.

I know you don't like that stuff. But for the sake of argument, who would you say has the stiffest and most brutal punch? That's what this thread is about, not whether you like stiffing or not.
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 4th, '11, 22:38

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Because you're not supposed to hurt the other guy. It's pro wrestling, not boxing.
Under this logic, you would also condemn say Quack and Green Ant for shooting on each other as they do every so often in their chain wrestling matches? They may not want to "hurt" the other but they want to forcefully subdue their opponent, which is the same idea as stiffing.
Shooting and stiffing are different. If the plan for the match is "we'll just chain wrestle for a few minutes and wind up in hold X, or end it with a rope break, that is fine. For all intents and purposes, that is like calling it in the ring.
yourcrapsweak wrote: When Necro punches the lights out of some guy, it's for effect. Deathmatch fans especially know the difference between a stiff punch and a work, and when you're beating the other guy with light tubes and throwing them into pits of barbed wire and salt, why would you give them a fake punch? It doesn't make sense.
It doesn't make sense to hit guys with light tubes, and throw them in pits of salt, either!
yourcrapsweak wrote: I know you don't like that stuff. But for the sake of argument, who would you say has the stiffest and most brutal punch? That's what this thread is about, not whether you like stiffing or not.
I guess I'd have to go with Vader

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Apr 5th, '11, 20:34

Are you against chops too? It's the SAME exact thing.
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 5th, '11, 22:53

yourcrapsweak wrote:Are you against chops too? It's the SAME exact thing.
A chop doesn't cause as much damage. It is like a backdrop. And the other (and IMO, more important) difference is that it is very hard to do a chop and make it look real without the sound, and there is no way to reproduce the sound. Which a punch this isn't true. And before you ask, I fell similarly about stiff kicks.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Apr 5th, '11, 22:57

Big Red Machine wrote:A chop doesn't cause as much damage.
Try saying that AFTER Big Show chops you. :p

As for stiffest punches, Cero hit it on they money with Regal. I will give Vader a very honorable mention because i remember that match he had with Shamrock where Shamrock was stiffing him so Vader knocked his damn lights out.

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Apr 6th, '11, 12:03

I'm surprised to see no love for Stan Hansen yet.
-Kevin Steen

Chris Everlast

Post by Chris Everlast » Apr 6th, '11, 15:35

yourcrapsweak wrote:I'm surprised to see no love for Stan Hansen yet.
Wasn't he the one who had such poor eyesight so he had to stiff to make it look real?

NWK

Post by NWK » May 21st, '11, 12:46

La Parka decked a guy in the crowd. for trying to grab his mask one time. I think it's on a Botchamania somewhere.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » May 21st, '11, 12:54

Nobody's mentioned Terry Funk, so I will. Just try and tell Mick Foley that the Funker's punches don't hurt. (In Foley's own words, "[Funk's] slaps hurt more than most men's punches, and his punches cause concussions.")
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"