BRM Reviews PWG Threemendous III (SHOW OF THE YEAR!)

PWG, MLW, AAW, WWN, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews PWG Threemendous III (SHOW OF THE YEAR!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 30th, '12, 00:58

PWG Threemendous III (7/21/2012)- Reseda, CA

OPENING SEGMENT- I’m not really sure why this happened, other than to set up Rick Knox clotheslining Joey Ryan (and I’m not really sure why that happened, either).

JOEY RYAN vs. FAMOUS B- 5.75/10
I loved the finish

RODERICK STRONG vs. TJ PERKINS- 7/10

THE ROCK-NES MONSTERS vs. THE FIGHTIN’ TAYLOR BOYS – 7.5/10
Great heel stuff.

BRIAN CAGE vs. EDDIE EDWARDS- 7.75/10

PWG WORLD TITLE MATCH: Kevin Steen(c) vs. Willie Mack- 8.5/10
This was just totally awesome, with some sick-looking spots.

B-BOY vs. DRAKE YOUNGER- 7.25/10
I found it hard to get into this match, but I can’t deny that there was some great stuff here.

SAMI CALIHAN vs. MICHAEL ELGIN- 7.75/10

LADDER MATCH FOR THE PWG WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES: The Super Smash Brothers(c) vs. the Young Bucks vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly)- a PERFECT 10/10!
HOLY BALLS! This was just plain f*cking amazing! Tons of sick spots and carnage and a pace that really made you feel like this was total chaos. There were usually two things going on at once, so there was so much action that you couldn’t follow it all. Definitely the Match of the Year for 2012.

Overall, an absolutely amazing show from PWG. The Show of the Year so far for 2012, also containing the Match of the Year. GO BUY IT NOW!
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Re: BRM Reviews PWG Threemendous III (SHOW OF THE YEAR!)

Post by yourcrapsweak » Sep 30th, '12, 20:22

When I told you that Callihan vs. Elgin was worth the price of the show alone, I actually hadn't seen the main event yet. I have now, but I see we both had the same reaction to it.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Oct 3rd, '12, 15:59

Big Red Machine wrote:B-BOY vs. DRAKE YOUNGER- 7.25/10
I found it hard to get into this match, but I can’t deny that there was some great stuff here.
From what I hear, many people say this match stole the show (it wasn't better than the main event of course, but in terms of a surprisingly good match). What was it that you didn't like about it? I know it was spotty and what not, but still I thought it was great.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 3rd, '12, 17:31

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:B-BOY vs. DRAKE YOUNGER- 7.25/10
From what I hear, many people say this match stole the show (it wasn't better than the main event of course, but in terms of a surprisingly good match). What was it that you didn't like about it? I know it was spotty and what not, but still I thought it was great.
I don't know. It just didn't flow for me and I couldn't get excited for B-Boy at all.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Oct 3rd, '12, 18:35

Big Red Machine wrote:I don't know. It just didn't flow for me and I couldn't get excited for B-Boy at all.
That was the only thing I hated about that match. B-Boy kept stalling and just looking around dazed and angry and it pissed me off. Even Excalibur was like "what the f*ck why are you wasting so much time?!"
-Kevin Steen