Site Admin

Head Bangers vs Fusion DS - ROH

Post by cero2k » Oct 30th, '12, 18:42

Head Bangers vs Fusion DS - ROH Internet Exclusive Match
[youtube][/youtube]

yourcrapsweak

Re: Head Bangers vs Fusion DS - ROH

Post by yourcrapsweak » Oct 31st, '12, 15:36

ROH is so boring... I'm sorry, but it really is. This match blew.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '12, 19:56

The most amusing part of this match is Nigel getting annoyed that they did a Burning Hammer it wasn't the finish.

Whoever thought bringing the Headbangers in was a good idea should be shot in the kneecap. To use them as masked jobbers was fine, but THE HEADBANGERS... in 2012? That is about as bad an idea as continuing to use these clearly mediocre OVW guys.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Nov 3rd, '12, 23:57

Big Red Machine wrote:Whoever thought bringing the Headbangers in was a good idea should be shot in the kneecap. To use them as masked jobbers was fine, but THE HEADBANGERS... in 2012?
Why not? It's Ring of Honor. I could see questioning it if TNA had brought them in pushing them as a relevant team, but it isn't. ROH, I think, could benefit from having them around. The Headbanger name, imo, is more recognizable than Rhino's or WGTT's.

Besides, I thought they looked better here than they did 15 years ago, and I actually marked for them 15 years ago. If they can still go, why put them under masks if they can still turn some heads? I don't watch ROH, but I went out of my way and watched this... :-?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 4th, '12, 09:50

Bob-O wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Whoever thought bringing the Headbangers in was a good idea should be shot in the kneecap. To use them as masked jobbers was fine, but THE HEADBANGERS... in 2012?
Why not? It's Ring of Honor. I could see questioning it if TNA had brought them in pushing them as a relevant team, but it isn't. ROH, I think, could benefit from having them around. The Headbanger name, imo, is more recognizable than Rhino's or WGTT's.

Besides, I thought they looked better here than they did 15 years ago, and I actually marked for them 15 years ago. If they can still go, why put them under masks if they can still turn some heads? I don't watch ROH, but I went out of my way and watched this... :-?
for what it's worth, they're not part of the roster yet, they're just doing appearances.

my opinion is just that ROH brought them in in the worst way, while masked it was ok, but once they unmasked, they have nothing to do with the HoT and then they're just fighting no one. ROH should have brought them directly to feud with The Briscoes in what should have ended in a bloody match at Final Battle.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 24th, '12, 19:29

Bob-O wrote:

Really? The Headbangers have better name recognition than WGTT (former WWE tag champs plus Shleton's random singles titles) or Rhino (ECW World & TV Champion, NWA World Champ while in TNA, and various lower-level singles titles in WWE)?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 26th, '12, 08:31

Big Red Machine wrote:Really? The Headbangers have better name recognition than WGTT (former WWE tag champs plus Shleton's random singles titles) or Rhino (ECW World & TV Champion, NWA World Champ while in TNA, and various lower-level singles titles in WWE)?
It's hard or maybe impossible to say. The Attitude Era was the most watched era in WWE history, so a lot of fans from that time may recognize them.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 26th, '12, 22:01

yourcrapsweak wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Really? The Headbangers have better name recognition than WGTT (former WWE tag champs plus Shleton's random singles titles) or Rhino (ECW World & TV Champion, NWA World Champ while in TNA, and various lower-level singles titles in WWE)?
It's hard or maybe impossible to say. The Attitude Era was the most watched era in WWE history, so a lot of fans from that time may recognize them.
This is exactly where I was coming from.

It's not a talent or an accolade thing, it's a recognition thing. The Headbangers where a big part of WWE TV when it was being watched the most.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '12, 23:58

Bob-O wrote:
yourcrapsweak wrote:
This is exactly where I was coming from.

It's not a talent or an accolade thing, it's a recognition thing. The Headbangers where a big part of WWE TV when it was being watched the most.
Even if the Headbangers have more recognition, I don't think they are the type of guys who make you want to watch because of them, whereas someone like Rhino is.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 29th, '12, 11:49

Big Red Machine wrote:Even if the Headbangers have more recognition, I don't think they are the type of guys who make you want to watch because of them, whereas someone like Rhino is.
Oh I wholeheartedly disagree. There are SO MANY people like my own uncle who would tune in just to see the Headbangers, as he says, "just to see what they're like now." There have to be so many fans from that era with the same mindset. Plus, Rhino's been wrestling since leaving WWE, whereas the Headbangers just kinda dropped off the face of the earth. That would make people want to see them more.
-Kevin Steen