BRM Reviews NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 10 (great)

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 10 (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 4th, '15, 23:56

NJPW G1 Climax 25: Day 10 (8/4/2015)- Sendai, Japan

DAVID FINLAY JR. vs. RYUSUKE TAGUCHI- 6.25/10
You know the Garvin Stomp? Well Taguchi did a Garvin ass-drop.
Good match. Taguchi was thoroughly annoying early on, which helped the match because it really got me behind Finlay. Good technical wrestling here, and some very good selling by young Finlay.

YOHEI KOMATSU & KATSUYORI SHIBATA vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI)- 4.5/10
I will admit that some of the stuff Yano did in that first sequence actually did make me laugh.

TETSUYA NAITO & KUSHIDA vs. MASCARA DORADA & KOTA IBUSHI- 6.5/10
Naito left his supervillain costume at home tonight. He and Kota did some cool stuff to build up to their main event match tomorrow.
No DQ for Naito shoving the ref? Or for throttling him?
Naito was a dick after the match.

HIROSHI TANAHASHI, CAPTAIN NEW JAPAN, HIROYOSHI TENZAN, & TOGI MAKABE vs. BULLET CLUB (AJ Styles, Tama Tonga, Doc Gallows, & Bad Luck Fale)- 7/10
This was a great match that really felt lie a main event for the non-tournament stuff instead of just dull filler like the undercard matches from all of the other shows have.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Michael Elgin vs. Yujiro Takahashi (w/Cody Hall)- 6.75/10
Pretty good stuff. Elgin worked over Yujiro’s head, including a German Suplex into the corner that appear to have legitimately hurt Yujiro (he seems fine, though).

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Satoshi Kojima vs. Tomoaki Honma- 6/10
It’s a Honma match. If you’ve seen one, you’ve seen them all. He misses headbutts, his opponent goes after his head, he randomly no-sells a German Suplex, he loses.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata- 6.75/10
Others might like this better, but I just had trouble getting into it.

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Kazuchika Okada (w/Gedo) vs. Karl Anderson (w/Tama Tonga)- 7.5/10

G1 CLIMAX 25 BLOCK B MATCH: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hirooki Goto- 8.25/10
Nakamura’s elbow is all taped up. Goto worked it over. He also hit that Fireman’s Carry Slam onto the knee that he does, which I have now decided to call the “Goto Sleep.” He also hit a super version of that move which looked INSANE! They had a great match and an awesome finish, although I really wasn’t fond of the result. At this point, I don’t want to see a fourth match between these guys (at least not for a while. I’d have given Goto the win here and then have Nakamura go on a crazy run of wins after this disappointing start to go on and win the G1, then build up to Tokyo Dome with Nakamura wanting to get HIS belt back and the question of “does Goto have Nakamura’s number?”

A great show from New Japan, actually worth watching in its entirety, which none of the other G1 shows so far have been.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3