Is it just me...

Tell it to the world!!
Serujuunin

Is it just me...

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 7th, '12, 15:59

Or does wrestling seem really dull at the moment? I can't get into RAW, Smackdown, NXT, or TNA. The only wrestling show I'm enjoying right now is Main Event. I'm not sure if it has something to do with final exams coming up or my own personal headspace not being what it's supposed to be or what it is, but I just can't bring myself to care about wrestling right now.

Earth Child

Re: Is it just me...

Post by Earth Child » Dec 7th, '12, 22:17

I've lost a lot of interest in the current wrestling stuff. But I really do still enjoy all my old stuff that I own and watch over and over again.

So no, it isn't just you Seru

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 9th, '12, 16:03

I'm super-hyped for Final Battle and for the next season of CHIKARA. Maybe you're not looking in the right places?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 9th, '12, 21:28

Big Red Machine wrote:I'm super-hyped for Final Battle and for the next season of CHIKARA. Maybe you're not looking in the right places?
Maybe. I'm having a really hard time getting into ROH and stuff, just because I don't know anyone. That's how it was easy for me to get into TNA, because they had Jeff, and Kurt Angle, and other people I knew.

Honestly, I just don't care that much anymore. I think it's because I'm dealing with so much personally, and my family is totally all messed up right now lol. It might be easier for me after New Years. This time of year is always hard for me. And maybe after New Years I will try harder to get into ROH. :D

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Dec 9th, '12, 23:48

I've been losing interest for awhile. I can't be bothered to watch TNA and I can barely stomach WWE. I've developed a low tolerance for talking segments and find myself flipping channels.

I end up just youtubing parts I want to see, like that Cesaro/Sheamus match and that beautiful Alpamare Waterslide or segments revolving around the Shield.
Lady Luck is smiling...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '12, 00:29

I think everyone in some sort is getting a bit tired. IMO, there's waaay to much wrestling going on right now that I can't really get to enjoy any of it. RAW I watch when i have nothing to do and it's because i'm doing the live results or the hangout with the guys of the wrestling mayhem show, cuz otherwise, 3 hrs of recaps and squash matches is way to much, like verdum i'll check out the highlight match and segments, but that's it. TNA, Smackdown and NXT i'm watching when i hear the show was good. ROH i haven't watched in ages. The only thing i think i'm still spending time one is PPV if and only if there is nothing else going on.

Today i watched Final Resolution and i really really enjoyed it, so i know it's not the wrestling that is sucking, it's just the amount of time you have to sit there and watch nothing happen like we usually get for RAW.

truth is, right now im mostly checking out mexican stuff, japanese stuff, and some womens' wrestling, that's what keeps me checking in on wrestling.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 10th, '12, 10:35

Huh. I never thought about it that way Cero. Guess that by the WWE doing their best to get their product out there via drowning us in wrestling is doing the exact opposite of what they wanted.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '12, 11:16

cero2k wrote:ROH i haven't watched in ages.
You should watch the Davey vs. Elgin match from last week's show.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '12, 11:23

Serujuunin wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I'm super-hyped for Final Battle and for the next season of CHIKARA. Maybe you're not looking in the right places?
Maybe. I'm having a really hard time getting into ROH and stuff, just because I don't know anyone. That's how it was easy for me to get into TNA, because they had Jeff, and Kurt Angle, and other people I knew.

Honestly, I just don't care that much anymore. I think it's because I'm dealing with so much personally, and my family is totally all messed up right now lol. It might be easier for me after New Years. This time of year is always hard for me. And maybe after New Years I will try harder to get into ROH. :D
Don't wait for New Years! The card for Final Battle looks awesome enough that it actually convinced me to go to a show for the first time in years. As for not knowing anyone, this might be the best time to get into ROH because I'm not sure that their maionstream appeal has ever been higher. WGTT, Lethal, Rhino, Corino, Roderick Strong (well, for those of us who remember TNA in 2005 and early 2006), Jerry Lynn will be wrestling on this show... and Kevin Kelly always does a great job of getting the angles across to the fans (sometimes a bit too strongly, IMO)... and if you haven't seen an indy ladder match before... you are in for a treat.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 10th, '12, 12:07

Big Red Machine wrote:
i did hear it was good :-?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 10th, '12, 12:48

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
i did hear it was good :-?
Better than good. It was awesome. TV match of the year, IMO. Better than Punk vs. Henry on the 4/2 Raw and Better than that match AJ and Daniels had on Impact back in August.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 10th, '12, 18:17

Big Red Machine wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

Don't wait for New Years! The card for Final Battle looks awesome enough that it actually convinced me to go to a show for the first time in years. As for not knowing anyone, this might be the best time to get into ROH because I'm not sure that their maionstream appeal has ever been higher. WGTT, Lethal, Rhino, Corino, Roderick Strong (well, for those of us who remember TNA in 2005 and early 2006), Jerry Lynn will be wrestling on this show... and Kevin Kelly always does a great job of getting the angles across to the fans (sometimes a bit too strongly, IMO)... and if you haven't seen an indy ladder match before... you are in for a treat.
The only reason I'm waiting until New Years for anything new is because my family is going through a lot of sh*t at the moment, and my own personal headspace is crap right now as well.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 11th, '12, 00:08

Is it REALLY THAT time again for another one of these topics? lol,seems every so often guys post about how "Wrestling just doesnt do it for em anymore at all lately"....SHUT UP! No,I enjoy wrestling just as much as always if not more...Hard to say.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Dec 11th, '12, 12:33

KILLdozer wrote:Is it REALLY THAT time again for another one of these topics? lol,seems every so often guys post about how "Wrestling just doesnt do it for em anymore at all lately"....SHUT UP! No,I enjoy wrestling just as much as always if not more...Hard to say.
lol, this is true man. are you watching raw live?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 11th, '12, 12:41

cero2k wrote:
KILLdozer wrote:Is it REALLY THAT time again for another one of these topics? lol,seems every so often guys post about how "Wrestling just doesnt do it for em anymore at all lately"....SHUT UP! No,I enjoy wrestling just as much as always if not more...Hard to say.
lol, this is true man. are you watching raw live?
Lol yea its like common running thing around here...Yea I do and TNA as well but granted I DO have other means to heighten the enjoyment...But still.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.