Meltzer and Ishii... Now it's Getting RIDICULOUS!

NJPW, RevPro, CMLL, DDT, etc
Big Red Machine

Meltzer and Ishii... Now it's Getting RIDICULOUS!

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 6th, '15, 14:04

Dave put over the Makabe vs. Ishii match by claiming that it seemed to him like Ishii was BLOWING SPOTS ON PURPOSE AS A WAY OF SELLING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE HE WAS REALLY HURT.
They must be having an affair. That's it. Either that, or blackmail. Those are the only two possible explanations for why Dave could possibly be going to the lengths he goes to praise this guy.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Meltzer and Ishii... Now it's Getting RIDICULOUS!

Post by cero2k » Jul 6th, '15, 14:07

a lot of people are super into Ishii, I have a feeling that the love on MMA is why a lot of people like Ishii

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 6th, '15, 14:14

cero2k wrote:a lot of people are super into Ishii, I have a feeling that the love on MMA is why a lot of people like Ishii
Yeah, but this is a little ridiculous, don't you think? With anyone else in the world, Dave would have said "they blew some spots." With Ishii he goes out of his way to praise the guy by calling him brilliant and claiming he screwed up on purpose just to try to sell the worked injury and being legit, to the point that it got in the way of the match. That's the in-ring equivalent of Vince Russo worked shoot booking.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 6th, '15, 15:05

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:a lot of people are super into Ishii, I have a feeling that the love on MMA is why a lot of people like Ishii
Yeah, but this is a little ridiculous, don't you think? With anyone else in the world, Dave would have said "they blew some spots." With Ishii he goes out of his way to praise the guy by calling him brilliant and claiming he screwed up on purpose just to try to sell the worked injury and being legit, to the point that it got in the way of the match. That's the in-ring equivalent of Vince Russo worked shoot booking.
in my experience with Ishii, aside from the no selling, he rarely misses spots or botches, but if he suddenly starts missing a lot of spot, it is believable that he's doing it on purpose. I mean there is a different in seeing Nikki Bella miss all her spots than seeing Daniel Bryan miss his spots. You know one of those is likely faking and the other is not. Not defending Meltzer or Ishii, but i can see this being the reason.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 6th, '15, 15:20

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
in my experience with Ishii, aside from the no selling, he rarely misses spots or botches, but if he suddenly starts missing a lot of spot, it is believable that he's doing it on purpose. I mean there is a different in seeing Nikki Bella miss all her spots than seeing Daniel Bryan miss his spots. You know one of those is likely faking and the other is not. Not defending Meltzer or Ishii, but i can see this being the reason.
But Bryan would never blow a spot ON PURPOSE. He's got going to make his clothesline look like he f*cked up just to get over a shoulder injury. He'd do the clothesline well and then sell his shoulder, or he'd do the clothesline and it would be weak and the other guy wouldn't sell it and Bryan would sell his shoulder. He'd never do a weak clothesline and still have the other guy take the bump for it, which is what Dave is saying here. Bryan would never intentionally screw up his timing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation