WOTW: Wrestling Show Concept

All Time Greatest, Worst, Sickest, Weirdest, Funniest...you get the idea.
cero2k
Site Admin

WOTW: Wrestling Show Concept

Post by cero2k » May 10th, '11, 10:16

Just as the BOTB Wrestling Show Concept, what is the worst concept show out there today?? is it lethal lockdown?? survivor Series?? Fatal 4 Way??

yourcrapsweak

Re: WOTW: Wrestling Show Concept

Post by yourcrapsweak » May 10th, '11, 14:40

Fatal Four Way.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 10th, '11, 14:43

Money in the Bank; having one for each brand is as dumb as having a rumble for each brand. Plus, building an entire ppv around a match that is VERY much about luck is STUPID. TLC and Hell in a Cell are right behind it.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » May 10th, '11, 16:26

Fatal Four Way & Hell In A Cell. They are match types, NOT SOMETHING YOU NAME YOUR PPV'S AFTER!!!!!!!

Dishonorable mention for Money in The Bank. Only 2 matches are MITB matches and i actually prefer MITB for WM so giving it its own PPV is a STUPID idea....

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 10th, '11, 22:25

For me the worst wrestling show concept Survivor Series, while the idea of having a show where things will be settled in an elimination tag match is ok, the idea of holding several of these matches, with random teaming of wrestlers that don't always have any heat between them is just stupid. Many SS matches were ok being that they had something behind them (RAW vs Smackdown, WWE vs Alliance) but i really dislike just pairing up a bunch of faces vs heels.

I dislike Elimination Chamber, i don't think there should ever be two ECs in one PPV. Same with HIAC, it diminishes the impact of the match type and makes it seem like just another match.

I actually like the idea of Fatal Four way as long as every match is actually a fatal four way, it helps put people in matches, titles are usually crowded anyway.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 10th, '11, 23:50

Tough Enough. It isn't even a wrestling show.

Other than that I'd go HIAC, just because it is killing prestigious match type, making it worthless.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » May 14th, '11, 18:57

Monday Night RAW...thats easy...lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 14th, '11, 22:44

ECWFlairfan wrote:Monday Night RAW...thats easy...lol
That's not even a concept! That is just a show! That is saying "televised wrestling is bad."

I don't think that anyone here (yourself included) believes that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » May 15th, '11, 05:24

Big Red Machine wrote:
ECWFlairfan wrote:Monday Night RAW...thats easy...lol
That's not even a concept! That is just a show! That is saying "televised wrestling is bad."

I don't think that anyone here (yourself included) believes that.
This!. It's a televised show dude. It's cool if you don't like it or whatever... but it's kind of irrelevant here.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » May 15th, '11, 08:59

I'm surprised Survivor Series has come up! When held true to the concept, it's always been one of the PPV's I looked forward to the most! I'm holding on to memories mostly, as it was the one's from my childhood I remember so fondly (late '80's early '90's)

My WOTW goes to TLC/Extreme Rules. I can't get behind anything where the title can change hands in the Main Event because the champ falls through a Table, not to mention entire cards full of stip matches. Just like what was said about HIAC, it takes the luster away from something that used to be prestigious.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » May 15th, '11, 09:05

Big Red Machine wrote:Tough Enough. It isn't even a wrestling show.
Its a reality TV show so it's not technically a wrestling show. It's all about training to BECOME a wrestler. There are no matches so it shouldnt qualify for this. At least half show takes place outside of the ring where maybe 10 to 15 minutes per show they're actually in a ring doing drills.

NWK

Post by NWK » May 21st, '11, 12:42

NXT. The idea of debuting farm league talent this way is a good idea. Making them do survivor-esque challenges to achieve such a thing? Bad idea.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » May 21st, '11, 12:49

NWK wrote:NXT. The idea of debuting farm league talent this way is a good idea. Making them do survivor-esque challenges to achieve such a thing? Bad idea.
This. I LOVED the original NXT, where they kept track of wins and losses, difficulty of opponents, and effort put in (all in a kayfabe sense) as well as how well they did on their promos, etc. It was awesome! Then they went and f*cked it up.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » May 24th, '11, 14:56

Bob-O wrote:I'm surprised Survivor Series has come up! When held true to the concept, it's always been one of the PPV's I looked forward to the most! I'm holding on to memories mostly, as it was the one's from my childhood I remember so fondly (late '80's early '90's)

My WOTW goes to TLC/Extreme Rules. I can't get behind anything where the title can change hands in the Main Event because the champ falls through a Table, not to mention entire cards full of stip matches. Just like what was said about HIAC, it takes the luster away from something that used to be prestigious.
I'm with you all the way; I LOVE Survivor Series when they actually have the SS style matches....